weight gain since vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
vaping has curved my sweet tooth since if I want something sweet I turn to my sweet vape rather than the munchie drawer. I have lost weight then able to maintain it from being able to do more outside without gasping for air. vaping has changed my life with my weight control being apart of the pro's. Being a baker and ability to eat all those goodies at anytime, weight was becoming a concern I known about for years but vaping did change the way I see eating sweets.

xinexz

Verified Member
May 17, 2017
Vaping has curved my sweet tooth since if I want something sweet I turn to my sweet vape rather than the munchie drawer. I have lost weight then able to maintain it from being able to do more outside without gasping for air. Vaping has changed my life with my weight control being apart of the pro's. Being a baker and ability to eat all those goodies at anytime, weight was becoming a concern I known about for years but vaping did change the way I see eating sweets.

I had the same effects, easier to resist the urge the eat a roll of oreos when I can puff some oreos. I've actually noticed weight loss since I started vaping

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Lord_Mayhem

Aug 1, 2017
One of the main reasons I started vaping is so that I wouldn't gain weight when I quit. I've quit several times before and usually gained 30-40 lbs because I had no behavior to replace the smoking behavior, so I could not stop eating.

With this attempt using e-cigs, I'm vaping a sweet tobacco menthol, which satisfies my craving for something sweet. And if I feel the munchies, I vape again and craving goes away. Now that my lungs are clearing, I'm also able to exercise more. More exercise and less snacks due to e-cigs, equals weight slowly starting to come off me.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A few things. I (purposefully) chose to gain about 10 pounds which I really needed, I was gaunt. Quitting smoking can cause differences to thyroid, but it's usually in the direction of needing more thyroid, not less (although, not always). I needed to up my thyroid meds when I started vaping and that made a huge difference. It was reflected in my symptoms but also bloodwork. I am considering increasing it more, but really not by much, I think I am almost where I need to be.

I was lethargic and tired at first (W/D from smoking plus I had a lot of oral surgery) but that passed and now my energy levels are through the roof! I really had to eat a LOT and work hard to gain that weight, though, fortunately food tastes fantastic. I'm stabilized where I want to be but I eat a fairly healthy diet and exercise regularly.

I think in many cases, weight stays the same or only increases slightly, depending on a variety of other factors as well, though. Also, I highly doubt that what I am inhaling and exhaling is giving me calories though it might if I ate it.

I'd say get checked out by a doc, get your thyroid tested and rule out the usual suspects. If everything's fine health wise, it will be a matter of discipline to exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. I don't eat sweets as much any more, but I eat a LOT, and vaping some dessert flavors has helped with that, I think.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: JC Okie

Didier Aubin

Moved On
Nov 1, 2017
France
carfromjapan.com
  • Deleted by retired1

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It may be the nicotine or the hand to mouth action or both. The only time I ever quit without nicotine, I was pregnant so I'm not sure it counts. With nic gum, I didn't gain a huge amount of weight, nor with vaping. I really had to work to gain the 10 lbs I needed, but it was a pleasant endeavor as food actually tastes good.

I haven't noticed a lot of vapers say that switching to vaping made them gain a lot of weight, though. I did find eating easier but I was rather ill toward the end of my smoking... :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread