• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome North Texas Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us
This is social group for ecig users who live in North Texas!

Mainly because Texas is too big for just one group and the main Texas group is not public and I wanted anyone to be able to browse and join.

I will organizing some meetups soon! If you have any suggestions please let me know and I do my best to make it happen.

Thanks!

xaiver56

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Grand Prairie, TX
Well seeing as I am member of this group please allow myself to introduce...myself :D

I live in Grand Prairie, which is just south of Arlington area. I have been vaping for over a month now and I love it. I am a 30-something ubiquitous middle manager for a marketing company. My wife is a nurse, now in school to be a CRNA so she was not liking my smoking. I had tried to quit several times and I had to try something new. I got on Zyban in hopes to help me quitting and then I found out about E-Cigs. I ordered a SS Micro 7, then after some searching here I also ordered a 510. They both arrived and I enjoyed them. I quit smoking the day they arrived. I also ordered a Vapor King. The SS Micro now sits collecting dust(it is an emergency back up). I have a Silver Bullet now which I use thru out the day. I use my 510's when I am mobile and my Vapor King for no hassle vaping in the car and just out and about. I have probably spent well over $500 dollars on vaping supplies but I completely fine with that because it has saved me from smoking.

I consider vaping a hobby as I am always on the search for the best "vape" which I think we all are. My other hobbies include firearms(mainly handgun but some long guns as well), reading, and trying to be more healthy(eating right, working out). I really like the idea of a North Texas Vaping group and wish it the best of luck.

I have converted three people to vaping and I am working on several more. I feel the more people we have on our side the better. So I guess that is me in a nutshell. (Help I'm trapped in a nutshell)

My favorite flavors tend to be in the beverage category. My everyday vape is a mix of 36mg PG RedCow from V4L and 24mg VG Redcow from Cignot (50/50 mix). I am also a huge fan of Rum Punch from Wet your stick.

Last edited:

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us
xaiver56, awesome intro man.

I've wanted to try the silver bullet since I started vaping, but not completely ready to venture past my KR808D-1 yet. I ordered a Revolver Elite, just to check out the three piece models. but the pre-order is going to be awhile I imagine. I'm interesting in the Chuck, Steampunk sparkplug, and DIY mods as well.

I’ll have to get some blank carts and try the red cow for myself as the pre-filled carts from V4L are out of stock every time I look. And if we all show up to a meet with some blank carts and our favorite juices we could try a lot of flavors at once and narrow down much faster =)

The Unknown One, I've watching you right now.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Thanks for the invite guys, pity I don't live in Texas anymore, but maybe I can be like a honorary member?? because I'm full of Texas pride. :) oh yea umm when i was living in Texas it was mostly in Cedar Hill, and Irving. Spend most of my time hanging out in Grand Prairie, Arlington, and that general area. :) so yea mostly around Dallas.

The Unknown One

Oct 30, 2009
xaiver56, awesome intro man.

I've wanted to try the silver bullet since I started vaping, but not completely ready to venture past my KR808D-1 yet. I ordered a Revolver Elite, just to check out the three piece models. but the pre-order is going to be awhile I imagine. I'm interesting in the Chuck, Steampunk sparkplug, and DIY mods as well.

I’ll have to get some blank carts and try the red cow for myself as the pre-filled carts from V4L are out of stock every time I look. And if we all show up to a meet with some blank carts and our favorite juices we could try a lot of flavors at once and narrow down much faster =)

The Unknown One, I've watching you right now.
....agreed!

xaiver56

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Grand Prairie, TX

When we have a meet everyone should bring their favorite juices and empty carts so that everyone can try them. Red Cow is the best in my opinion with WYS Rum Punch a close second.

I love the silver bullet and highly recommend it, vapor production, consistant hit, its all there.

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us
Does "north" of Houston count ??

Sure does, hahah

Ooooooh ... can I play?

My name is Erin and I live in McKinney. I have been vaping for about three months and am hopelessly addicted to Nhaler HV Cherry Coke juice. Most of the time I use either a KR808 or my Dragon.

Teacher, musician, single mom ... yada yada yada ...

Of course you can play! Welcome to the group. I'll have to try Cherry coke, that sounds great. Love my KR808. What's a Dragon?

Greetings from a Waxahachie gal!

I'll try to cut to the chase. I never heard of e-cigs before this week and this forum has given me hope at long last. I've read probably every post but the "mod" ones and I can't thank y'all enough. Also watched 30 vids or so around the web.

My story: I've smoked 2.5 to 3 pks of full-strength 100 analogs a day for 36 years. I'd smoke in the shower if I could. Everyone who cares about me says I am the worst smoker they know and are begging me to quit. All I know is that the term addict is too tame for me. I am a hard core junkie. If I need a fix I'll smoke em stale, I'll roll my own from pipe tobacco, I'll snatch up a snipe that's got 1/4" of tobacco left on it and fire it up. Yep, I'm beyond pathetic.

Like so many, I've tried every patch, gum, hypno, accupuncture... just to give my lungs a rest. The real truth is, if smoking were harmless I'd smoke five packs a day. Thing is: I love nicotine.

So here I am in dreamland! I must be, because I believe y'all. I now think I can get all I need from e-cigs! If I weren't so busy hacking up crud, I'd take time to weep for joy.

Here's my plan: basic 60 pk (yeah sure) KR808D-1 kit from vapor101.com (JDL associates in Florida)... to be ordered this coming week when $ comes in. I'll share the spare chargers and such with my chain smoking brothers for x-mas.

So here's what I need from y'all experienced vapers. (Please:)
Is the KR808D-1 a good starter kit for a nic hog like me? (Hint: My lungs are so wrecked I can no longer inhale deeply).
I will refill, so is 24mg best to satisfy my bottomless craving or is 20 stronger than I think?
Has anyone ever dealt with that store or know it's reputation?
And finally: Is there anywhere in Dallas County or the mid-cities I could drive to for e-liquids or carts in an emergency can't-wait-for-shipping situation?

Thanks for listening! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with y'all when I finally get my gear.

Genie

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us

I'll try to cut to the chase. I never heard of e-cigs before this week and this forum has given me hope at long last. I've read probably every post but the "mod" ones and I can't thank y'all enough. Also watched 30 vids or so around the web.

My story: I've smoked 2.5 to 3 pks of full-strength 100 analogs a day for 36 years. I'd smoke in the shower if I could. Everyone who cares about me says I am the worst smoker they know and are begging me to quit. All I know is that the term addict is too tame for me. I am a hard core junkie. If I need a fix I'll smoke em stale, I'll roll my own from pipe tobacco, I'll snatch up a snipe that's got 1/4" of tobacco left on it and fire it up. Yep, I'm beyond pathetic.

Like so many, I've tried every patch, gum, hypno, accupuncture... just to give my lungs a rest. The real truth is, if smoking were harmless I'd smoke five packs a day. Thing is: I love nicotine.

So here I am in dreamland! I must be, because I believe y'all. I now think I can get all I need from e-cigs! If I weren't so busy hacking up crud, I'd take time to weep for joy.

Here's my plan: basic 60 pk (yeah sure) KR808D-1 kit from vapor101.com (JDL associates in Florida)... to be ordered this coming week when $ comes in. I'll share the spare chargers and such with my chain smoking brothers for x-mas.

Is the KR808D-1 a good starter kit for a nic hog like me? (Hint: My lungs are so wrecked I can no longer inhale deeply).
I will refill, so is 24mg best to satisfy my bottomless craving or is 20 stronger than I think?
And finally: Is there anywhere in Dallas County or the mid-cities I could drive to for e-liquids or carts in an emergency can't-wait-for-shipping situation?

Thanks for listening! Looking forward to sharing my experiences with y'all when I finally get my gear.

Genie

Welcome! Let me try to answers some of your questions.

Is the KR808D-1 a good starter kit for a nic hog like me?

This is simple and easy to use kit to start vaping with period, the nic levels will depend on what nic carts you get and how often you vape. I started with the 36mg nic carts for when I really need a fix, but get some lower nic carts for longer vaping.

My lungs are so wrecked I can no longer inhale deeply...
You'll want to get a manual battery then, as the autos have a inhale activated switch inside which is slow and long. Where as the manual batteries you just hold down the switch manually and inhale.

Is 24mg best to satisfy my bottomless craving or is 20 stronger than I think?
Personally I can vape 36mg all day. I just take fewer hits than I might if I was actually smoking. Keep in mind that a normal cig has about 2mg of nic each. Take 3-4 hits off a 36mg cart is about equal to one cig, in lower nic levels you'll need to take between 13-14 hits, so it's something new to get used to - like learning to smoke all over again. 24mg is a good place to start however as everyone is diffrent. One of my friend's smoked mboro red 100s a pack a day like me, but he can't handel anything higher than 18mg.

Not personally, but you can search the forums or google the store for information. If you are looking for a rock solid vender, I suggest vapor4life. The support forum is also on this forum here.

Is there anywhere in Dallas County or the mid-cities I could drive to for e-liquids or carts in an emergency can't-wait-for-shipping situation?
Hopefully someone can chime in on this one, I'd like to know as well. My suggestion is too stock up so emergencies won't be an issue.

Last edited:

The Unknown One

Oct 30, 2009

Genie
Welcome fellow nicotine lover...

Alucard,

I appreciate you taking time to spell out a few things I'd not read about elsewhere. It was very informative, and as an 18 year veteran poster to the boards I recognize the time consumption of in-depth replies. Thanks.

I toasted a couple of hours surfing today trying to find an actual metroplex walk-in store and the only tangible result that came close was a vague mention of Town East Mall. I suspect it'd be a cheapie kiosk of some kind. I threw up my hands in frustration and quit at that point.

Hard to believe that some place like The Gas Pipe hasn't caught onto this yet, but their site doesn't mention them and I haven't been in one in years to know. Seems like the old head shops would make perfect outlets, though. (Wonder if Oat Willie's does down Austin way?)

As for my set-up yet to come. My 80-year-old, never-smoked-a-day Dad who has never bugged me about smoking in all these decades suddenly made me an offer the other day of financially kicking in for any method I chose to use if I wanted to get off cigs. He set a limit of $150 so I'm shopping for the best bargain I can get. Times are squeezy-tight for me at the moment so I am also figuring it could be a month before I have another chunk of money to throw at this endeavor. (New model, or refills, bats and such).

I know me and I am such a tinkerer and experimentor type I'll probably end up modding but for now I may have to settle for an automatic battery, as that kit at vaping101.com is the optimum, in the USA, KR808D-1 kit I've seen. (I look at it like wanting a perfect high-performance Mustang but buying a fully-loaded Malibu just to get rolling. Ya know?)

Y'all should go take a look. They appear to be a Mom & Pop start up offering just what worked for them as long-term, heavy analog smokers and have the most concise explanations of things for beginners I've seen at a vendor site.

They custom mix 50 flavors in six strengths personally, as they were so disappointed in the liquids they'd ordered from other vendors when they were newbies. Not much in the way of plain tobacco, but lots of fruits and such. Alas, they don't offer your 36 mg, stopping at 24mg instead. Sigh. But the prices, sheesh. No free shipping but with those deals, who cares! It's just a $5 flat fee.

Anyhow, I'm away from home kicking back at my brother's house and can't get my ball rolling til I get back home next Monday. LOL, ten minutes after I hit the door I'm getting this package ordered.

I will, of course, let y'all know about how they treat me, how fast I recieve it and how I like e-cigs in general once I know that stuff.

Glad everyone is here. Let's all keep our eyes peeled and ears open for any news of a real e-cig store around DFW, I sure will.

Genie

high everyone, i live north of waco would like to join.started on m401 went to joey 510 ,battery would not hold to my vapping only lasting about 2 hours, so i made my own stick with a 900 milamp battery last me allday.note so does a nichoten headach ,slowed me down from vapping alot and cut nic down to 18mg. now all i buy are attys and juice. going to try and make my own juice got a gallon of pg and 1quart of vg and flavoers for about 50.00 dallers. will still have to buy none flavoer high nich.and on a note have not had a analog in 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread