• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome North Texas Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi North Texas Vapers!

Welcome to the new and improved North Texas Social Group Sub Forum! :)

I'm sending a feeler out for anyone interested in a vape meet, similar to what they've done in Vegas, Virginia & Chicago. First I'd like to get an idea of the favorite area of interest. Please see the poll I created in this forum, and indicate your preference. Leave a post if your vote is in the "Other" category.

After the Poll closes (open-ended for now, I'll gauge based on interest), then we can move to the next step in fine-tuning a more specific location. And so on from there.

In the meantime, let's liven up this thread! I've seen a lot more activity in some of the other area social group forums, and around the country. It amazes me that there's not more activity in this thread! There has to be more Texans - I've seen many around in various threads. Tell your friends to subscribe to the forum (not the thread), and let's get this rolling! :D

b30cc8b3.gif

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Is this still a group? If so, how do I join?

Hi Evie, you're here, so you're joined! :) Also check out the Facebook page mentioned in the other thread. Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of town for a family funeral and didn't really have time to get online. Glad you found us!

:vapor:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

VetMist

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hi all, only been vaping a few months, but the transition from analogs was seemless - unbelievable how easy it was! I was hoping to meet up for a session to exchange tips in the Dallas area. I need some guidance on things in person because no matter how much research I do and things I try I still have not fully gotten the swing of certain things, like rebuilding a genesis (oh the time I've spent trying...)

Also, I'm in the rabid acquisition phase of the vaping experience and I'm trying to get my hands on any and all equipment I can. I have moved from the little 501 automatics to tank systems, then carto tanks, now I'm playing with atomizers, and I have a GGTS w/ UFS and precise plus pre-ordered and hopefully on the way soon. (Sooooo bankrupt right now...) That these things are hard to come by just makes me all the more manic about getting them.

If a few people are interested in a casual informational session/tutorial on various stuff and methods I would be very interested. I went to one of the North Texas Vapers get togethers with the vendors in some bar with pretty women in kilts as servers, but it seemed like people were not really in a social/mingling mode and just wanted to keep to themselves - plus tables were all taken and it was too crowded for me. It seemed like a good event, but I really wish I would have known some people there before going.

About me = 38 y.o. small animal veterinarian practicing in the Dallas area to which I am new.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi all, only been vaping a few months, but the transition from analogs was seemless - unbelievable how easy it was! I was hoping to meet up for a session to exchange tips in the Dallas area. I need some guidance on things in person because no matter how much research I do and things I try I still have not fully gotten the swing of certain things, like rebuilding a genesis (oh the time I've spent trying...)

Also, I'm in the rabid acquisition phase of the vaping experience and I'm trying to get my hands on any and all equipment I can. I have moved from the little 501 automatics to tank systems, then carto tanks, now I'm playing with atomizers, and I have a GGTS w/ UFS and precise plus pre-ordered and hopefully on the way soon. (Sooooo bankrupt right now...) That these things are hard to come by just makes me all the more manic about getting them.

If a few people are interested in a casual informational session/tutorial on various stuff and methods I would be very interested. I went to one of the North Texas Vapers get togethers with the vendors in some bar with pretty women in kilts as servers, but it seemed like people were not really in a social/mingling mode and just wanted to keep to themselves - plus tables were all taken and it was too crowded for me. It seemed like a good event, but I really wish I would have known some people there before going.

About me = 38 y.o. small animal veterinarian practicing in the Dallas area to which I am new.

Welcome to the board and vaping VetMist! Sorry your meet didn't go like you'd hoped. It sounds like a smaller setting would be better for you. I would try visiting one of the B&M stores in the Dallas area: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s/268511-north-texas-brick-mortar-stores.html. That could get you some good one-on-one, and introduce you to some great juice/hardware possibilities as well. Also, try the FB page for North Texas Vapers, that page is very active and has some great collective experience. Unfortunately, I have no experience w/RBA's, or I'd offer my input. :( I pretty much stick with just the higher end clearos, just fill & vape - I don't much care for tinkering. :)

You're welcome to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck on your journey!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I just joined the FB group, I'll try and make the rowlett meet, its kinda far though, I reside in Cleburne

Wow - yes - that is quite a distance! I had to decline this month as well since I live in Irving, and going to that area on a Thursday night is not a good idea for me, as I have to get up Friday morning and take care of some things (finding a job, etc. :) ).

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Duplicate!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi all.
I live in Arlington and started to vape just a few weeks ago.
I work nights so making a gtg would be hard for me unless it was Friday, Saturday or Sunday night evening.

Up until now, they typically were Fri or Sat nights. Not sure why the change, but again, this one is just informal. All up until now have been inclusive of local vendors.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Hello all from another Dallasite. Lived here for a long time moved to San Antonio for a while but have been back since 2006. Live in North Dallas. My B&M is the Vapor Lounge in Carrollton Texas mostly because it is the only one I know of but I buy mostly in the internet. My sig show when I started vaping and that was my last smoke. I have a Provari, Ego Twist 1000 a Ego passthrough and use mostly Vivi's and on last surviving CE5 repariable and my original Ego C type b. Still kind of new but I'm a quick study.

bubbajoe72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2010
Big D, Texas
Welcome SteveD! I've been on the forum for a couple of years now and I don't think I've posted an introductory post so here goes:

I'm also from Dallas and have been vaping for a couple of years now. I'd found what worked for me (dripping with an eGo w/ LR atty) and did that for a while until all these B&Ms started popping up in Dallas and it was easier to get my hands on new hardware (My go-to B&M is Good Vapes on NW Hwy). Still primarily doing eGos but using an eGo Twist and recently picked up a Telescope and Kicked it. Getting into rebuildables and really liking the DUD/ChiD - first time i've found a tank that isn't too dry and wicks fast enough to keep up with me. Also have an A3 and a A7 and have done silica and cotton wicks by my fallback is an eGo Twist with a LR 901 and drip shield.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Unfortunately, most of the activity appears to be on the FB page these days. The majority of people, it seems, feel it's easier to use than ECF. Whatever helps, is what's best, IMO. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/350338268349829/

There's also a website:

North Texas Vapers

There's usually a meet-up every month, typically a different venue and weekend day, so check FB & the website for the latest on that. I try to copy them here, but don't always see it as I'm rarely on FB. :blush:

jmac1773

Dec 13, 2012
McKinney, Texas
Unfortunately, most of the activity appears to be on the FB page these days. The majority of people, it seems, feel it's easier to use than ECF. Whatever helps, is what's best, IMO. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/350338268349829/

There's also a website:

North Texas Vapers

There's usually a meet-up every month, typically a different venue and weekend day, so check FB & the website for the latest on that. I try to copy them here, but don't always see it as I'm rarely on FB. :blush:

Thanks!! I appreciate the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread