• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
Hello and welcome to the Maine State Vapors club. With so few of us it important to have a place to network and share are vaping experiences.

Hello I'm Mano, i live in the midcoast region. This past year i knew it was time to quit smoking cigarettes. I had been smoking a pack a day for ten years.What a gross habit! Then a loved one got me the best gift ever.(although i didn't know it at the time) It was one of those standard ecig you would get from the mall. I thought it was a joke. She said a coworker quit smoking with one. I said ha ha nothing can replace my kamels. When i took it out later that night i was blown away. From the very first drag i could not believe it. I Smoked what was left in my pack for analogs the next day and that was it.I havnt looked back since. Happy vaping!

Who Are You??

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
hi guys! my name is dave. im a 33 years old, married, and the father of 2. boy and girl. boy is autistic.
im also an electrical engineering student.
started smoking when i was 8.
been vaping for 8 months now and love it!
im not positive, but i think i may have more experience and knowlege about vaping than some in our group, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

overit

Dec 14, 2010
Maine
Hi Mano, Dave, and Reggie:

Nice to find other vapors in Maine. My name is Penny. I live in the lakes region and I work in Lewiston. My story is similar to yours, Reggie. I smoked for 34 years, pack & a half a day. Several years ago when the prices of smokes skyrocketed, I switched to roll-your-own. I spent thousands of dollars over the years on prescriptions and OTC products that did not help me. Came across ECF in early December, got my first e-cig through MadVapes on 12-9-10, put down the analogs and have not picked them up since. While I don't vape much during business hours (a habit formed by not being able to smoke during business hours), I would categorize myself as a heavy vaper because I go non-stop in the evenings and on weekends. I hope to cut this down by slowing reducing the nicotine in my e-juice, but if that doesn't happen I'll still be happy about quitting smoking.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Thank you Dave for the offer of help.

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Hi Penny, so nice to meet you. I've rolled my own smokes for the past few years, too. I went from 3 packs (most days) down to none in less than a week and still can't believe I did it. And I have the same story with the quit-smoking aids. None of them worked; over the counter or prescription. I have managed to cut down on nic this past month - down to 12mg from 20mg. I'm a heavy vaper, too, but didn't really notice a huge difference once I started stepping down. Congratulations on quitting smoking!

tabithad

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Maine
Ok, that is really weird, I thought I already "introduced myself" on the Maine vapors group..... lol uh oh...

Anyway, My name is Tabitha, I live up in Caribou. I have been vaping for 2.5 days now, absolutely love it. I have not touched a cigarette since noon on Mon when my EGO showed up ( well I have always had a "EGO" but you know what I mean) hehe...
Anyway, I smoked a pack a day of Marlboro lights, for the last 21 yrs, have quit several times, never more than a few weeks , cold turkey, patch, gum..... none worked..
It just amazes me that I could not care less if I ever have another smoke now... :)
Very happy to have found this forum and glad to be here and vaping away...
I have a double set of the Joye Ego, metal drip tips, and a EGO T atomizer as well. I prefer dripping to the carts though... so not sure I actually needed to buy the EGO T...but oh well...

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
I introduced myself in the group but... I see there's a forum. Not sure which is which so screw it!
Hi! I am a 29 year old mom of 2, gamer, knitter, vaper, living in Westernish Maine (20 minutes from North Conway, NH)> Been analog free since April 7 2011 and am loving it! :D Glad to see some other Mainers here, even though there are so few of us!

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
hello and welcome rainkeltoia! Untill recently we only had group discussions available on the group page. Now we have are own Maine state forum section. I thought i had erased all the group discussions to try and promote using these threads. I will check again soon.
I went to Fryeburg Academy for my junior year of high school. What beautiful country!!! I assume you are in this area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread