• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

WELCOME Rhode Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepelican

Oct 14, 2009
nyc
Well, from nyc originally... cough, smell and cost (RI taxes!!!) really bother me, but quitting has been impossible. after some research, discovered "smoking everywhere" and more research led me to the joye 510. starter kit arrived this morning, and I've only had one analog all day... unfortunately i wish i knew to order more juice beforehand (and i'll probably pick up a totally wicked mega battery) gotta wait until the next paycheck to stock up. one thing i worry about is parties, though... not sure if i want to be the center of attention everytime i whip out an e-cig...

mrm143

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Rhode Island, USA
Well, from nyc originally... cough, smell and cost (RI taxes!!!) really bother me, but quitting has been impossible. after some research, discovered "smoking everywhere" and more research led me to the joye 510. starter kit arrived this morning, and I've only had one analog all day... unfortunately i wish i knew to order more juice beforehand (and i'll probably pick up a totally wicked mega battery) gotta wait until the next paycheck to stock up. one thing i worry about is parties, though... not sure if i want to be the center of attention everytime i whip out an e-cig...

That all depends, if your a guy, the ladies may all flock to you and ask questions... ;)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Hey fellow Rhode Islanders! Welcome to the armpit of Massachusettes. A state with high unemployment, an evil utility company called National Grid that rapes the masses each chance it gets, Buddy Cianci's home state, and home of one of my favorite sandwitches, the Woonsocket tradition Dynamites!

I went to Autumfest last weekend in Woonsocket and vaped in the beer garden tent.

bigjimw-albums-random-mind-madness-picture3149-cid-471.jpg

Next year if the Autumnfest is still on, we can all gather there on Sunday! :)

Anyways one of the security guards came over and told me I couldn't smoke in the tent. I showed him my PV, and he was facinated with it, but I agreed to stop as it was giving the wrong impression that it was OK to smoke in there.

When I left the tent I had quite a few people crowd around me asking about it. I bet I could have sold hundreds of them.

Then I got on my high horse and rode away...

bigjimw-albums-random-mind-madness-picture3150-meandhorse.jpg

That poor horse looked so bored with that jackass sitting on his back. :D

Last edited:

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Hi BigJim, looks like someone's having fun in RI. I always wonder about smoking in non-smoking areas. I'm too reluctant to become the center of attention to be obvious about it. I stealth vape occasionally, but not much. I wonder if you used another device that didn't look like a cig and just told them it was an inhaler, what, if anything, they'd do about it. At that point, they'd probably assume they might be asking you to abstain from using your medication. I bet that'd give them pause. Anyway, good to see you here.

Vapen8

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
hello, fellow NewEnglandas! lol
I actually live in Mass but Im on the border of Tiverton RI and half my family is from there.
I vape at school, when there are no professors around, just so I dont have to explain. But all my class mates love it, and actively ask me to puff during our 10 minute break before lab starts.
When I tell people about PVs they get really into it. My buddy tells me I should get a cut for being such a good sales man. But if you ask me the products sell themselves. once I saw all these reviews from people here at the forum, I decided to get a 901 from diet smokes. My girl got a 510 from Nhaler. I like hers better. I didnt even get a box with my 2 kits from dietsmokes. 130 dollars and I had nasty tasting batts and attys. I like parker, and he really tried to remedy my unfortunate situation, but he did not succeed and after his second attempt, i dont have the heart to complain anymore to him. Thems is the breaks. I have a few attys comming in from healthcabin and I have a few passthroughs comming too, 1 from health cabin and 1 manual from the house of vapor along with a stainless steel 901 (bat and atty). Ill use the auto passthrough in my car (my radio has a usb port) and the manual PT at my laptop. I think Ill be set soon.
as of now I have 1 atty, 3 working batts and 3 usb chargers for my 901.
I was thinking of getting a chuck eventually. but I am definately getting a 5 pack of attys and 5 pack of batts from TW when thier 30% sale kicks off next weekend. Then I can give my bro a few 510s to get him set. and ill have 3 510s...yeah!
I love smoking, blowing out nice clouds of smoke is one of my favorite pass times. Thats why vaping works for me, plus Im addicted to niccotine and vaping is a better delivery for the drug. And IMHO it is safer. I told my uncle to get a pipe, but he said he already has cancer so he will just stick with his analog pipe with the risks he is aware of rather than risks that are yet to be uncovered through decades of consumer statistics.

ok This is a long rant. Hope I didnt waste your time folks. lol

Live long and vape! lol

crazygirll22

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
RI, USA
Howdy, welcome. We seem to be fairly few (goes with the territory I guess). Ever seen anyone else vaping while out and about in RI? I haven't yet.

Actually yes, there is someone where I work that vapes! But he's the only other one I've seen here in RI. Have you ever run into a fellow vaper? It's so funny bc RI is a very small state & so is this socail group! Lol

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Actually yes, there is someone where I work that vapes! But he's the only other one I've seen here in RI. Have you ever run into a fellow vaper? It's so funny bc RI is a very small state & so is this socail group! Lol

Nope, never seen one, except for the kiosk at the Emerald mall. Typical New Englanders I guess, don't go out of our way much to socialize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread