• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris

AceFireBug

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2015
Somewhere out there...
Thanks for the fast reply.. Just now my drip tip became hot.. Then I felt the heat on my lips.. Scary..
Yup.. As @Karstine has mentioned.. Drip tip materials is also a factor of not wanting the heat on ur lips.. Delrin, glass and ceramics drip tips are good at that..

Another thing abt the heat issue, it's normally from ur atty ad the coils are heated up there. But u also might also want to check ur batt to ensure u are using the ones with high drain. Battery safety is also important..

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Hey guys.. is it normal for the whole mod including the tank to get warm after using a few vapes?

So to close the case. Mod getting hot is either because
1. battery is overheating (which is bad. Please turn off your mod and remove your battery and put it a safe distance away from you) or
2. your atomiser is transferring heat to your mod (in this case you can vape slowly with more resting time between fire button or simply adding a heat sink)

For your lips being burned. I suggest you give more rest time between vape. Or you can play around with certain drip tip.

Drip tip material that will stay cool and won't transfer heat :
1. Wood
2. Delrin
3. Acrylic
4. Glass
5. Ceramic
6. Stone (jade)

Length of drip tip will also affect the heat. Longer drip tip means the vapor has enough time to cool down, so even though a drip tip may be made of metal, a long metal one will stay cooler than a short metal one (bearing in mind that metal drip tip also cools down fast)

Tl;dr - it's okay for mod to be hot because atty transfer heat. It's not okay for a mod to be hot because your battery is hot.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
So to close the case. Mod getting hot is either because
1. battery is overheating (which is bad. Please turn off your mod and remove your battery and put it a safe distance away from you) or
2. your atomiser is transferring heat to your mod (in this case you can vape slowly with more resting time between fire button or simply adding a heat sink)

For your lips being burned. I suggest you give more rest time between vape. Or you can play around with certain drip tip.

Drip tip material that will stay cool and won't transfer heat :
1. Wood
2. Delrin
3. Acrylic
4. Glass
5. Ceramic
6. Stone (jade)

Length of drip tip will also affect the heat. Longer drip tip means the vapor has enough time to cool down, so even though a drip tip may be made of metal, a long metal one will stay cooler than a short metal one (bearing in mind that metal drip tip also cools down fast)

Tl;dr - it's okay for mod to be hot because atty transfer heat. It's not okay for a mod to be hot because your battery is hot.
Tl;dr.. Someone's a redditor eh?

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks for all the replies.. double checked and the battery seems to be okay... i guess i should slow down with my vaping.. LOL..

If you are chain vaping it's either
1. You are not satisfied enough. Meaning your nic level is probably too low if you are used to smoking reds.
2. You are satisfied too much. This, well you just have to slow down mate.

ReapersCreepers

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2015
If you are chain vaping it's either
1. You are not satisfied enough. Meaning your nic level is probably too low if you are used to smoking reds.
2. You are satisfied too much. This, well you just have to slow down mate.
honestly, im a social smoker and i dont smoke often... i just like the taste of the vape (mango lassi)...

im actually looking for a juice without nicotine... lol.. any recommendations?

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
honestly, im a social smoker and i dont smoke often... i just like the taste of the vape (mango lassi)...

that's gonna be hard.. ive yet to see a non-nic based one unless i make them myself.. can't help you there, sorry!

ezjayy

Account closed on request
Oct 3, 2015
Look behind you.
Haha.. At first there was only one couple.. @Comrade Vape and @cloudysheep... Now seems thet there's a new couple in town.. Hehehehehe.. @Karstine & @Retcon-Rocket..

This couple underage siol..they declare already..must kena rotan..

Wanna join?, hahaha, let's make it a human centipede vaping machine!

EH boss..mod potential cannot think of such things sia!

Haha.. Trios are harder than couples lah bro.. Later kena treat like scandal and become lamp post liao.. Nvm, me and @ezjayy will just ROC and watch... Haha..

HAHAHAHAHA Hell no i shall not be the veggie between bread. Jom @AceFireBug .. ROC far-far..

Reactions: AceFireBug

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
This couple underage siol..they declare already..must kena rotan..

EH boss..mod potential cannot think of such things sia!

HAHAHAHAHA Hell no i shall not be the veggie between bread. Jom @AceFireBug .. ROC far-far..
[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87] - oei, I is notch underage huanz, I is old manz liaoz [emoji111]

I ish joking, mod I potential also cannot always sho guai one mahzzz

karedi

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Singapore

Actually up north there's a lot of 0mg juice as the rest have been confiscated.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Dear Vapers! Any suggestions for which sub ohm tanks has the best flavour? I am currently using ipvd2 with tfv4. I realise tfv4 is for chasing clouds and burns lots of juice.But i want a tank that has the best flavour.
Boy, that's gonna be tough.. I feel like it's a one or the other kind of deal which eventually leads to the same thing.. Which is the "drinking" of juice..

Or maybe because I'm a die-hard RDA user lol, I'm interested to know too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread