• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to Tejas Vapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jm1813

Sep 14, 2010
Laredo, Texas
Hey y'all!

My name is Juan and I'm a native Texan from Laredo. As soon as I saw this group, I just had to come on here and say that I'm proud to be from the Great State of Texas. To add to that, I don't think it would be possible for me to live happily in any other place besides Texas. I have a receding/recurring Texan accent, and that is because it depends on the situation my conversations take place.

vape it up!

Hondo69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
www.xt9ecigs.com
Howdy All!

Stumbled across this group and was happily surprised to find it.

I've lived in Austin over 20 years but took the round about way getting here. Actually moved from Iowa to Houston in 1980 to find work for the summer and never left. After finishing college and moving to Dallas for a few years just decided one day to chunk it all and moved to greener pastures.

Austin has been great because you bump into every kind of person here and most everyone is willing to kick back and share a story or two over a beer. And not only is it OK to be a little goofy sometimes, it's encouraged!

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Hello, Doug (Para) from Tyler.....

Lived in the PacNW for business and then retired a few years ago. Settled on Tyler and love livin' here. It's "just right" for me. Big enough to have just about everything I want, close enough to Dallas Metro when it doesn't, and far enough from Dallas Metro. I've had enough with large metro living.

I make a lot of vaping stuff (My Favorite Projects) and am grateful to the ecig industry for helping me stop a 37 year habit. Like so many others I tried EVERYTHING; since nothing worked I gave up and accepted I'd be dead in a decade from lung cancer. Now, I have a chance for a different fate and live to see my Grandson grow up. 16 months since my last cigarette and won't lie....there are still times I'd like to light one up. My mods and Malty Toffee are my weapons of choice. As long as I have both, I can keep on keeping on.....

LisaC

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
West Texas
Better late than never! I'm Lisa, originally from (shhhh ) Albuquerque, but I got here as fast as I could! Married a good Texas boy, had 3 Texas born children. Can I please be in the club? I'm in Pecos, TX, (aka the entrance to Hell) between Midland/Odessa and El Paso. Neat to see so many here that are around or from this area! My in laws are near Lubbock, in Lamesa.

Started smoking at the age of 11, I'm 33 now. Quit smoking cold turkey 7 years ago, was sick of cigs, and stayed off them for 2 years. Never stopped craving them, wanted one every time I smelled one. Lost my oldest son in a car accident 5 years ago, and went right back to smoking. My 6 yr old daughter asked me to quit last month, so I got online, and found ECF.

Got my eGo on 12/15, and haven't had a cig since. haven't even craved one. Cigs smell nasty to me, for the first time in my life.
Anyways, that's my story.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hi Jerry, welcome! I'm also in the Dallas area. There was one small gathering back in December, but other than that, I don't see any activity for Dallas. :( I know GA and FL have big meets coming up, but haven't seen anything nearby. Hopefully someone with good organizational skills will get one set up soon! :)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I'd be willing to help out, but I'm not sure how to set something like that up.

Heya Newt! Me too! I could probably do it if I set my mind to it. :lol: I think I'll check w/some folks who've set up some small ones in other areas. Chicago has a recurring one, every 2nd Tuesday, for example!

Hey - does Addison still allow smoking in restaurants or bars? I haven't been up in those parts in ages!

false

Apr 14, 2012
Abilene, Texas
Woo!

Just wanted to say hi from Abilene, Texas! I see that there are couple of people on the Map from Abilene, most of you from the bigger city, but none the less from Texas. I am new to ECF and pretty new to vaping, but excited to find this group. I was born and raised and lived in Texas all but about 4 years of my life. I'm 28 years old, name's Jonny. :)

Edit: Oh forgot to note, I requested to join the group on facebook. Jonny Tanner is the full name. :vapor:

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Howdy folks. I'm in Driftwood, TX, came from Austin. First started vaping with cig-a-likes over 3 years ago, finally off analogs at the start of 2013. Austin area is not that into vaping, as far as I can tell. Everybody sells Blu e-cigs, but I have only seen one person use one in public, ever. I have found All About Vapor up in Round Rock, but that's all so far. I could really use some more local resources. Also, anybody ever try VapeDudes?

I am currently using an eGo 1000mah battery with Kanger T2s, cartomizers, drip tip cartos, and it's working OK so far. I'm pretty poor, and quit tobacco because of the cost as much as the health reasons. I would prefer some local vendors, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any meets coming up, ever?

jennilydg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
texas
A big Texas hello to everyone. My name is Jennifer and I'm from Lewisville, right outside of Dallas. I've been in the DFW area for about 25 years. Moved here when I was 18 and been loving it here ever since. I'm a real estate agent and I also work for the city. I have two semi grown daughters and three beautiful grandkids.

TxDevil

Feb 17, 2013
Arlington, TX
I'm Shawn from Arlington. Been here pretty much my entire life (aside from being born in Jax, FLA due to a dad in the Navy) and a 6 month stint living on Kwajalein in the Marshall Islands when I was 18. My boyfrirend and I, on a whim, decided to try vaping on February 13th and haven't looked back. We still had half a carton of analogs when are switched which we gave to my sister as part of a birthday present last Saturday (and she switched to vaping yesterday, thanks to being the only smoker left haha).

We purchased our starter kit (Ego-c) from some head shop called PPV pipes along with 2 clearomizers and 2 juices (Broad street and Waffle!!!). 2 days later, we were pointed in Vixen Vapors direction and ended up buying 6 liquids from them (mint chocolate chip, chocolate hazelnut, peach tobacco, watermelon, tiger's blood and cherry wood tobacco). We still have half bottles of all of those. Yesterday, we decided to make the trek to North Dallas to Good Vapes on a recommendation. Ended up getting 2 ego T batteries, 2 V3 clearomizers, carry case, another wall charger and 5 more juices (Nana freeze, red white blue, blackberry, Thor's thunder and French toast).

Good Vapes is a bit more expensive than Vixen but their flavors are more potent and give off loads of vape (no idea what our ratio is). Can't wait to try DFW vapors and all the other places mentioned.

I've successfully turned 2 people to vaping with a possible 3rd on deck. No clue why I smoked a PAD for over 22 years. Maybe it was just to get me to vape. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread