• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to the SC Vaper's Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Have a quick question. The pre-filled carts that are emptied - mine are the ones with the little silvery looking cover that the atomizer just punches through when its pushed into the 902 - can those be refilled as well, or do you just trash them when you are done?
Also, was reading that you just drop 5-6 drops in the little carts that came that have the little stuffing in them. Is that all you put in them? Why wouldnt you fill them completely? And I have read of dripping - dropping a drop or 2 on the atomizer itself - but that on certain ecig's, doing that can mess up the atomizer, but certain models can handle it. I have the MV 902's, and am waiting on a Joye 510 to get here as well. Which category do those 2 fall into? Can I drip on their atomizers, or are they some of the models that have had issues?

Let me try to help

i don't reccomend dripping into the 902 atomizer, the way the airflow holes are ported in the threads can let liquid leak into the battery, dripping is dangerous because liquid overflow will get into the battery and kill it.

with the 510 1-2 drops on the atomizer bridge shouldn't hurt as long as its empty.

the prefilled carts can be refilled and used a few times if desired, make sure to remove all of the aluminum foil prior to refilling,

you never want to burn an atomizer dry, it can overheat, but you don't want to overfill or it will flood and end up all over your hands or in your battery.

i recommend one drop on the dry atomizer, and then fill the cart with liquid until it is visibly moist, then u should be good to go

ps. i'll be in downtown charleston tomorrow from 2-8, feel free to contact me via the website.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Have a quick question. The pre-filled carts that are emptied - mine are the ones with the little silvery looking cover that the atomizer just punches through when its pushed into the 902 - can those be refilled as well, or do you just trash them when you are done?
Also, was reading that you just drop 5-6 drops in the little carts that came that have the little stuffing in them. Is that all you put in them? Why wouldnt you fill them completely? And I have read of dripping - dropping a drop or 2 on the atomizer itself - but that on certain ecig's, doing that can mess up the atomizer, but certain models can handle it. I have the MV 902's, and am waiting on a Joye 510 to get here as well. Which category do those 2 fall into? Can I drip on their atomizers, or are they some of the models that have had issues?

I have no experience with 902's. In fact, i've never heard of one untill your post. However, if you're using something that can't be refilled, you may want to think about getting something that can easily be refilled like an 808 (Cartomizer). It will save you a bunch of money. I used to drip my 510s all day long. Now i just fill up two cartomizers in the morning and i'm good to go. If one needs topping off, its no problem, just top off with some juice and its ready. Plus, cartomizers tend to last a long time and not burn out as fast as some of the other attys i've tried.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
ps. i'll be in downtown charleston tomorrow from 2-8, feel free to contact me via the website.

hahaha...I'd normally say "Hey, lets get together for a beer." But I have to go to Wilmington NC today and won't be in town. In fact, i'll be passing through Myrtle Beach on my way there. Let me know if next time you're going to be in Charleston and we'll get together.

Anyone know of any places to buy ejuice locally in the Columbia, SC area? I misjudged how much I had left and ran out sooner than I expected. I have some coming next week, but now I appear to be completely out! :( I've been on the e-cigarette (510) for over 2 months and really don't want to have to buy a pack of real cigarettes just to get me thru the weekend.. Please help!!!

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Anyone know of any places to buy ejuice locally in the Columbia, SC area? I misjudged how much I had left and ran out sooner than I expected. I have some coming next week, but now I appear to be completely out! :( I've been on the e-cigarette (510) for over 2 months and really don't want to have to buy a pack of real cigarettes just to get me thru the weekend.. Please help!!!

Kno is in Myrtle Beach. He has a website and sells some juice. Check his profile and you'll find it.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Hey all.

New to ECF and getting my first e-cig in a day or two. I'm super-excited to get it and start using, and moreso, to eventually ween myself off of nicotine while still having a fun habit. :D Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums.. Hi!

-Kitt

Glad you're here bro. What kind of kit did you order? Please feel free to ask questions, many of us know most of the products out there and can point you to the good stuff. That will save you a ton of money.

Glad you're here bro. What kind of kit did you order? Please feel free to ask questions, many of us know most of the products out there and can point you to the good stuff. That will save you a ton of money.

I did a lot of research over a couple of days after I started looking back into e-cigs (I think I've been watching vlog reviews for the past 48 hours (minus about 10 hours for sleep, hehe). I have been into the idea of e-cigs for a couple of years, but had always been wary of going back to regulars and wasting all that money to try something new. But I recently heard from an online acquaintance (who owns a Vapor4Life and has nothing but good things to say) that they're a lot cheaper and a lot better quality than they were when first coming out. Anyway, my short history of e-cigs is...

I first saw the Smoking Everywhere kit at a Durham mall about 1.5 years ago; it looked amazing, and it was very intriguing because I was looking for a way to cut back on nicotine while keep the habit (which, in my opinion, is the hardest thing to quit when quitting smoking). Anyway, back on topic, I decided against the SE because a) I didn't have $150 to spend on a starter kit, and b) it was relatively new 2 years ago and I don't trust anything new, especially something like this. Since then, I have been smoking consistently for those two years (with one month of smoke-free cold turkey.. do not want to do that again) and frankly, I'm tired of wasting the money on such a nasty habit.

So here in the present, I was in a chat room talking with an online acquaintance, and she was raving about the V4L e-cigs, talking about how amazing the flavors are, how it's so much like smoking and it's convenient, cheaper.. just didn't have enough good things to say about it. So I decided that maybe it was time to go back and do some research about the new products out there. I found a nice little e-cig comparison forum that actually had all the available models lined up and rated, which really helped narrow down my choices. The only two that I knew of (Smoking Everywhere and Blu) actually had the lowest ratings, so that definitely opened my eyes - no offense to any current Blu or Smoking Everywhere users!8-o Anyway, once I looked at the user ratings, I went to each individual site and noticed that, not only does V4L have the best rating in the US, it also has like 75 different unique flavors and carts to try out, plus the best deals in starter kits and replacement parts - I also liked the 2-piece design with a new atomizer in each cartridge.

So, after 48 hours of obsessing and comparing, I finally went with a mini-PCC starter kit from Vapor4Life (battery in gunmetal platinum with blue LED and a black case) and plenty of flavours to try out. (I would have ordered a larger pack, but I'm poor and honestly, still a bit skeptical...) I ordered it Thursday and it shipped on Friday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll wake up tomorrow morning and find some goodies on my front stoop. :D

I'll keep everyone posted, for sure!

-Kitt

P.S. Sorry for such a long ramble... I'm just really excited for a new and unique experience and happy to have people to share it with! :D

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
I went to each individual site and noticed that, not only does V4L have the best rating in the US, it also has like 75 different unique flavors and carts to try out, plus the best deals in starter kits and replacement parts - I also liked the 2-piece design with a new atomizer in each cartridge.

Ok, so what you got was a KR808-1 cartomizer set up. Good work, you’re going to like that a lot. Cartomizers or “Cartos” as they are called to differentiate them from regular “Carts”, are a great way to enjoy e-cigs. I use them myself all the time as do many vapers.
Let me tell you what you can expect from your kit. Your batteries will last less than 90 minutes before they will need to be recharged and it will take them a couple of hours to recharge. I suggest you purchase a few extra batteries and keep them charged up at all times. I would also suggest you buy a passthrough. A passthrough, or PT as you’ll see it abbreviated, will allow you to plug your unit into the USB port of a computer and allow you to vape without batteries. A pass through will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.
I’ve also produced 3 short videos on cartomizers and how to get the most out of them. Watch these and you’ll save a ton of money on buying new cartomizers.
YouTube - Care and Feeding of Cartomizers Part 1

YouTube - Care And Feeding of Cartomizers Part 2

YouTube - A Great Way To Fill Cartomizers

It's arrived! I've been smoking on it for the past hour since I got it, not even wanting to put it down and not even feeling a desire to go back to regular cigarettes (though I still have half a pack left...). I can not wait to give you all a first impression review on this. I can tell you for sure that, so far, it's amazing; I think I've found a new "vice." ;)

-Kitt

Okay, so it's been about 2 hours, and I haven't stopped "vaping" once, except for typing or doing things that I can't do with a cigarette in hand. I can't say enough great things about the V4L so far, but I'm going to try in my first-impression review, now! :D

First, an inventory: I placed my order for a V4L PCC mini-kit with a gunmetal battery and black case, and a free pack of Parliament-11mg cartos. I also ordered Mint-11mg, French Pipe-4mg, and Espresso-0mg ejuice refills. I placed the order on Thursday evening; it was confirmed right away and shipped the next day; it arrived on Monday, just 3 days after shipping, very quick and very efficient! When I opened the package, everything was there, just as I ordered it, including two extra carts - a Parliament-8mg and a Cowboy-4mg; very cool, in my opinion. :) There was even a handwritten note on the invoice apologizing that they did not have my LED of choice, so they had to send a different colour instead - since the LED was really just an aesthetic choice, it was no problem, but I very much appreciated that they cared enough to write a note about it. Overall, customer service and speediness of delivery gets an A++. Now, onto the first impression tests!

Aesthetic: The black PCC that I ordered looks and feels exactly as I thought it might; it looks like a nice black leather carrying case, portable and light, comfortable; very spiffy, in my opinion. The battery also looks amazing, like a high-end sleek and cool cigarette, and the cart comes in a sleek colour that tells me the flavour and nicotine content, so I don't have to wonder what I'm going to be inhaling next. First impressions on looks and feel gets an A+. I am very impressed, so far.

Taste test: I've been vaping for 2 hours, and I don't want to quit! It tastes and feels amazing, and I am getting the perfect amount of nicotine so that I don't even crave going back to my regulars (though I still have half a pack left...). Anyway, on to the critique - I started on the cartos that I ordered, the "original" Parliament-11mg which, from my research, equals about the same nicotine of a pack of my regular smokes, Parliament Light 100s (I ordered the "originals" versus the new cartos because I couldn't order the 11mg with the new ones). On the first drag, I could barely tell I was 'vaping,' instead of smoking an analog; the taste was smooth and tobacco-y, with a sweet aftertaste, just like my regulars; the only thing that I think was missing was the charcoal taste that I get with the filters on my Parliament Light 100s. But that is really just personal preference. The nicotine content is also amazing, for me; I've been vaping this for 2 hours, but it feels like I've smoked at least half a pack, by now. Overall, first impression of nicotine content and taste of the original Parliament-11mg gets an A; I have absolutely no complaints so far. Now for vapor production and throat hit...

Vapor + TH: I will admit, one of my biggest worries about e-cigs was the reproduction of the throat hit that I get from regular cigarettes. Even when I rolled my own herbal (actual herbs, not "herb") cigarettes, it would come out either way too harsh or barely there, so I was worried that an e-cig would be able to give me that same feeling. And I was proven completely wrong! Like I said before, it felt like I was still smoking my regular cigarettes; the TH was smooth, with a little bite.. I even coughed a little on my first couple of drags. Now that's a throat hit! So, I'm very impressed with V4L for giving me that same feeling of smoking my regulars without any of that pesky risk of dying from harmful additives. ;) On to vapor production: It took me a few drags to get the hang of how to get the most vapor, but once I did, it was like I was sitting in a crowded bar, the vapor was so thick. Admittedly, it was a little more than I'm used to, but I was still very impressed with that production. It was enough to inhale, exhale through my nose, inhale again and still have plenty extra to exhale out. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I'm dragging too hard, but I am happy with it, overall. I give vapor production and TH a solid B+, only from a little too much vapor.

So, that's my first-impression review of my absolute first - and probably my last (in a good way!) - e-cigarette, the Vapor4Life! On an A-F scale, my initial grades are below:

Customer service and Speediness = A++
Look and Feel = A+
Taste and Nicotine = A
Throat Hit and Vapor production = B
Overall = A

I would recommend the Vapor4Life battery, along with the Parliament-11mg to anyone who wants a smooth tobacco taste in a vapor. Thanks for reading my lengthy rambly first-impressions review! :D

-Kitt

P.S. Thank you to Dr. Vapor for the great video tutorials on how to take care of my new carts for maximum usage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread