• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to Wisconsin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
My apologies in advance if there is a similar thread, I didn't see one.

I just thought I'd introduce myself since I was recently introduced to this group. I'm new to Milwaukee, sort of. I've been in the area a little over 2 years after giving up on the dire economic conditions far south of the Windy city. Hopefully the cheese heads in this group are kind to Tarheels.

I've been analog free for over 3 years using e-cigs. I'll admit I still use a nicotine strength of 18 mg, sometimes 12mg but even with the need for a nicotine fix, getting without analogs has been a great health improvement.

So, is everyone here originally from Wisconsin or is it a mix of lifelong cheese heads and transplants ? ;)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Welcome nyabzns!
I'm also am a transplant to Wisconsin. Will be 15 years ago in Oct. I was told I officially became a Wisconsinite this summer when I finally gave in and set out chairs for a parade - then left for a couple hours. Still can't see myself doing that the night before, but never say never ;)

North, south or west - which area do you live in? We have members here from around Wauatosa, West Allis, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and points in between.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
Welcome nyabzns!
I'm also am a transplant to Wisconsin. Will be 15 years ago in Oct. I was told I officially became a Wisconsinite this summer when I finally gave in and set out chairs for a parade - then left for a couple hours. Still can't see myself doing that the night before, but never say never ;)

North, south or west - which area do you live in? We have members here from around Wauatosa, West Allis, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee and points in between.

I live on the northwest part of Milwaukee near the Mayfair mall and work in Waukesha. Originally from NC, and an adopted Canadian. LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I live on the northwest part of Milwaukee near the Mayfair mall and work in Waukesha. Originally from NC, and an adopted Canadian. LOL

Sweet! Not far away at all!
Oh....and I'm also at the 18mg level. Always have been, with some 24m to stick in the old eGo on my high stealth, minimal take a hit kind of days.

Makes me wonder - what level are others using as normal? I once tried to lower myself, but I was (and still am) so surprised I wasn't smoking, I just decided it wasn't high on my "next goal to set" meter.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
HARMONY!! How the heck are you?
Hope things are good in your neck of the woods :)

Hi MlrGrl!!

Well, I'm fine myself, but unfortunately my mom isn't doing very well. After a long string of illnesses, she now has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She's enrolled in hospice, and I've been enlisted as the primary caregiver. She wants to stay in her home as long as possible, and I'm doing my best to make that happen for her.

Prayers are always appreciated!! Hugs!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hi MlrGrl!!

Well, I'm fine myself, but unfortunately my mom isn't doing very well. After a long string of illnesses, she now has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She's enrolled in hospice, and I've been enlisted as the primary caregiver. She wants to stay in her home as long as possible, and I'm doing my best to make that happen for her.

Prayers are always appreciated!! Hugs!

Oh hon...I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers will continue for you and your family.
You are a wonderful son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread