Well Gollllly, this Pipe 601 sure does make me look smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
I received my third Pipe601 today and its the first cartridge drinker. Upon closer inspection and comaprison with Pipe601 one and two I made the discovery that Pipe three is missing a shot of glue exposing a hole behind the copper/brass pillar. Seems the added air intake from the missing glue provides more air pressure to aid in wicking out liquid from the cartridge. This added air intake also adds air thus knocks down the throathit from the vapor. This is especially true since I've been dripping for two weeks and have developed a preference for the direct-drip atomization.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
DallasEd,

Check out this link, I posted pics.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/30142-601-e-pipe-rebuild-3.html#post513178

The vacuum switch has a silicone "cone" with holes in it pointing towards the atty. If flooded you can get enough liquid to eventually gum over the holes in the membrane. Thats where flushing it with what I listed above come into play.

At night, its a good idea to sit the pipe without the mouthpiece "neck/tube down" and allow a daily draining.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Threadmaker,
Yes, that would be a problem a thin "O" ring there works well in case you ever try a rebuild. Easier than glue to remove.
The normal air intake is a small notch around the brass ring that holds the jewel cover.
Air has to go in there, past the battery holder, up the bowl neck, thru the 3 small holes in the pressure switch membrane then into the bottom on the atty.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hey Treadmaker,

I got that menthol from Cignot today and boy - that some pretty serious vapor. I mean you could put on a rock show with this stuff. I read the bottle - over 90% VG, so no wonder. If I could get over my craving for the TH (very little with VG) this could be my daily vape choice. But at the high price (the highest I've paid for juice so far), and with as much as I vape, it would rival the cost of smoking cigarettes!

I tried cutting it with some of the Strictly juice I've got to get more TH, and it worked, but it cut down on the thick vapor.

Oh well.

I wish they could develop a juice that had the vapor of a VG juice and the kick of a PG juice. That would get my attention.

Ed.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
My coworker just got his Pipe601 yesterday so i bequeathed to him what was left of my 20 ml bottle of menthol VG. I suspect the Pipe 601 was designed to atomize the synthetic glycerol so I browsed at that same website; I discovered and bought the PG newport clone with 26 mg nicotine. I should get it saturday, its cheaper than the VG but seems my whole reasoning to begin vape was I was just too gosh darned cheap to keep buying camels. Also picked up another 20 mls of PG cherry, yum yum.
Probably going to pick up a few atomizer bowls soon but all three are working atm; my brother just ordered two kits for himself so I firgure I'll pick up spare bowls if he encounters troubles.
btw, I too was a bit flabbergasted when I first vaped that vg menthol; hoping the newport clone has the same fog producing qualities.

I think I'll stick with the beginning of my thread cheering for the DSE601 epipe, maybe I'll jump on the g500 thread when you decide to create one and pontificate how inexpensive the Pipe 601 is compared to the G500.

yes, I want to make a thread for G500. Sorry that I compared DSE601 with the other two real e-pipes on the market and came out of focus on your thread.

Let us stick to DSE601. You mean DSE601 is inexpensive? I think certainly not. It is inexpensive to buy, and it is beautiful to look at, but the quality is down, and so is its durability. To say something is inexpensive, I will look at more than just the price.

Last edited:

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
Mailman came today with the 26mg pg menthol called nport, not excited about it nor thier version of cherry, the good news is I still have half a case of cherry in dse601 catridges and 15 mls left of that hint of tabacco. Going to be more flavour shopping for sure.
That cheap, undurable, down quality pipe still keeping me off analogues; must be some fractal anomoly that something not real can draw energy from a battery through a vacuum switch to power a heating element; and without a warranty to triple its cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread