Well, hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haffolin

Jun 2, 2017
Hi and hello to everyone here, I am not sure what those introductions should be about. I can share my up to date vape stuff.

I guess I can say that I am quite new to vaping. I started at October with started kit - Smok OSUB mini 40w with Helmet mini, I was familiar with vape pens and some other kits from before. I was inexperienced and tried to unlearn my bad habbit of smoking on drinking/social occasions with friends which was quite costly and mainly unnecessary. After few unpleasant juice tries, I discovered that what I "crave" for is the feel of smoking not the nicotine itself. So I started vaping almost exclusively 0mg. After a while I even decided to mix my own juice at very basic level, just to save more cash. (Not that I would have a big consumption though.)

After a few months of enjoying my kit and spending more than huge amount of time searching, watching yt videos and reading about technical stuff. I decided to buy some mech mod and RDA and coil building things prior to that (including ohm reader). Bought batteries were chosen based on Mooch's charts and capable Amp draw.

Since then I am vaping happily some my "trash" juices and staying off cigarettes. Lately I am trying to get into fancy coil building (personal record now 2x24g kant A1/ 36g SS316L fused clapton). For upcoming months I am aiming on getting some TC dual battery regulated device and a scale for juice mixing (siringes dont work with me). Looking forward to new Serpent mini which I ordered and is stuck somewhere.

PS. English is my second language so I hope that everything comes out like it was meant.

TL;DR Hello to everyone, new to ECR, vaping shortly, introducing my story.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Welcome to the forum or club. I started vaping about a year ago with a Kanger top box mini, 18 mg nicotine, I didn't get much flavor but the nicotine satisfied the urge for tobacco and I'm now down to 3 mg. I didn't go into the RDA but did get some RBA tanks and RBA decks for use the tanks. I build coils and make my own liquid and decided there are enough different tobacco flavors to keep me satisfied. On SS wire I only go down to 32 gauge, I have two 5 twisted 32 gauge lengths to be held together with an outer winding of 32 gauge. You can also buy rolls of Clapton wire.

Reactions: Opinionated

Haffolin

Jun 2, 2017
Impressive that you got from 18mg to 3mg!
About the RDAs I cant tell much, I still have only one and it performs like I was imagining it. Definitely want to try out some RTAs now.
As far as wires go I figured out that I like bigger ones better. They are less springy. I did twisted 2x24g kanthal but I didnt like it. Still going to try some more types. Got some spools ranging from 26g to 36g of SS316L. I dont like the idea of buying premade wire but it's only a personal preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi and hello to everyone here, I am not sure what those introductions should be about. I can share my up to date vape stuff.
I guess I can say that I am quite new to vaping. I started at October with started kit - Smok OSUB mini 40w with Helmet mini, I was familiar with vape pens and some other kits from before. I was inexperienced and tried to unlearn my bad habbit of smoking on drinking/social occasions with friends which was quite costly and mainly unnecessary. After few unpleasant juice tries, I discovered that what I "crave" for is the feel of smoking not the nicotine itself. So I started vaping almost exclusively 0mg. After a while I even decided to mix my own juice at very basic level, just to save more cash. (Not that I would have a big consumption though.)
After a few months of enjoying my kit and spending more than huge amount of time searching, watching yt videos and reading about technical stuff. I decided to buy some mech mod and RDA and coil building things prior to that (including ohm reader). Bought batteries were chosen based on Mooch's charts and capable Amp draw.
Since then I am vaping happily some my "trash" juices and staying off cigarettes. Lately I am trying to get into fancy coil building (personal record now 2x24g kant A1/ 36g SS316L fused clapton). For upcoming months I am aiming on getting some TC dual battery regulated device and a scale for juice mixing (siringes dont work with me). Looking forward to new Serpent mini which I ordered and is stuck somewhere.
PS. English is my second language so I hope that everything comes out like it was meant.
TL;DR Hello to everyone, new to ECR, vaping shortly, introducing my story.
Welcome and glad you joined. RDA's are a smart move, your doing well.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping | Spinfuel VAPE
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread