Well, I might be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
So that bill passed in Arkansas, making it harder and harder to get juice delivered for you. All my B&Ms have crazy prices(understandably) so I won't be buying locally.

I would get all my juice from mount baker, ITC, and Coval Vapes. $30 would last me about 1 or 2 months from those guys, and now I can't order or anything.

I had a friend who'd live in Texas and could mail stuff to me, but he's moving straight over to Arkansas right next to me due to his job.

I won't be going back to stinkies, but I'll probably be done vaping. I guess they won the battle, but I'm not going back, so I've won the war.

Even if I lost my hobby in the process.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I read just yesterday people are ordering and receiving in Arkansas no problem. Just because a bill is passed doesn't mean there is the will or means to enforce it. Looks like they will get some money in registration fees from B&M re-sellers and vendors, but that's probably about as far as it will go...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I believe that you cannot ship nicotine as well. As someone told me on reddit (could be false) but anything related to vaping including mods, tanks, ect cannot be shipped.

I've heard of people still getting stuff shipped to them, so I'm tempted to try it. Can't really tell what the ramifications would be.

I am not sure it covers hardware. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: YoursTruli

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I read just yesterday people are ordering and receiving in Arkansas no problem. Just because a bill is passed doesn't mean there is the will or means to enforce it. Looks like they will get some money in registration fees from B&M re-sellers and vendors, but that's probably about as far as it will go...

Actually Steve, that is not accurate. Read ejuice monkey's statement on their facebook page (they are AR based). I've been looking around and there are already vendors saying they cannot ship to ARKANSAS.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm new to all of this. Am I understanding this correctly. It is now illegal to vape or purchase vape type stuff in that state now??

It is legal.......just has to be face-to-face purchase meaning no online sales. It is because of the sale to minors thing right now. They can't verify age on the internet. Eventually it will be about taxing, because they will have all the B&M vendors on the books thru permits/licensing.

It does not affect hardware.

Most of the AR online vendors already have notices up (Look at Vapor World, ejuice monkeys)

If they end up taxing eliquid it will add about $1.15 to the price of a 30ml bottle here but that hasn't happened yet AFAIK.

At any rate, vaping is still legal. You will have trouble purchasing ejuice online, although there are so many vendors, probably hundreds and hundreds of them, who have no clue about his either and don't even know it happened or that there was a bill. :lol:

There's a few other states this looks like it will happen in, maybe North Dakota for instance?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryedan

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Again this is very out of character for AR where they let you do practically anything.

The gov here has some kind of special job with HOmeland Security.......so the sales to minors thing is a big deal I guess.

They also need the tax money, one thing AR politicians are good at is looking for $ for their state.....so a few of the Republicans j jumped on it and figured out a way to start setting that up.

NOt that it matters, it could have just as well been Democrats, except AR is pretty much a Red State. Locally all the county positions in my little town are mostly Democrat......locally nobody cares what you do as long as you don't drink alcohol. We are a dry county. They are a little over the top about alcohol....it's actually not techiically *legally* dry, there are permits/licenses, but only so many, and the churches bought them. So, you can't get a license to sell alcohol here.....all the available licenses are owned by the churches and they won't let ya drin. It's so weird!@!!! I'm orig from the northeast, 1/2 my life, and the other 1/2 south of the mason dixon line. So if I stay up north they tax me to death, down here I can't have a margerita with my mexican food. It's always SOMETHING. No matter where you live there's some weird thing you have to somehow adapt to that is "horrible" and I've lived in 13 different states, so I can attest to this. !!!!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you're close to TX, can you get a PO Box?

I'm sure that's an option. I can drive to OK in less than hour.....but knowing OK, they are more conservative then AR in some things but seem pretty okay with vaping fo rnow......However, they need tax money, too----who knows.

I certainly would not consider TX....look up Bill SB97....

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So that bill passed in Arkansas, making it harder and harder to get juice delivered for you. All my B&Ms have crazy prices(understandably) so I won't be buying locally.

I would get all my juice from Mount Baker, ITC, and Coval Vapes. $30 would last me about 1 or 2 months from those guys, and now I can't order or anything.

I had a friend who'd live in Texas and could mail stuff to me, but he's moving straight over to Arkansas right next to me due to his job.

I won't be going back to stinkies, but I'll probably be done vaping. I guess they won the battle, but I'm not going back, so I've won the war.

Even if I lost my hobby in the process.

Great Job Arkansas... ALL your other problems are solved now!

6. Arkansas
> Well-being index score:
> Life expectancy: 76.0 years (tied-6th lowest)
> Percent obese: 32.3% (5th highest)
> Median household income: $40,112 (2nd lowest)
> Percent with high school diploma: 84.8% (9th lowest)

Arkansas rated as one of the most physically unhealthy states as of 2013, ranking behind just two other states. Only 71.8% of residents were able to partake in age-appropriate activities, among the lowest rates in the nation, while 36.8% of respondents reported high blood pressure, one the highest figures of any state. More than 32% of respondents were obese last year, compared to 27% nationally. Arkansas had 222.5 heart disease-related deaths per 100,000 residents in 2010, fifth highest in the nation. Healthy behaviors in the state, as well as access to basic needs, were also rated lower than most other states. Likely contributing to the state's low rank in many of these measures is its large poor population. Nearly 20% of all people in the state lived below the poverty line in 2012, fourth highest in the nation.

Reactions: Remie

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Worth a shot to try and order it at least once. I mean automatic knives are illegal here in California but that doesnt seem to stop a website in Utah from shipping to me. Ive got a rad collection of switchblades, "out the fronts" and butterfly knives thanks to them. Never had a package get taken on the way here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread