Well, it's done, the most powerful batteries are going mainstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
And I'm referring to lithium polymer batteries if someone doesn't already know. Further they are here for good as series LiPo packs is the only power source DNA 200D seems to accept right now. Curious to see in which way this will improve e-cigs, if at all ( i.e I don't see anything that box mods for example introduced so far that can be considered a plus for vaping in making it better or attractive etc for ex or current smokers to switch to an e-cig). But more interestingly will be to see, where will we go next after this battery chemistry, as there is no other new chemistry to try. Might be wrong on that though?
They do look like they have considerable potential to even completely replace 18650's especially in box mods, for the advantage of more work hours alone. Looking forward for this to happen as maybe it will give us smaller devices too, where my interest actually is. One downside will probably be low quality devices from the Far East charging or discharging these batteries ( which will be likely used in series ) outside the specified limits and many of us know the results will be a bit different than our IMR's. Hope safety will be considered even more and hope for as little incidents as possible.

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Makes sense if more power is required. Hopefully it doesn't spiral wildly out of control, I don't really want to see a 7S LiPo in a vape...oh that's a scary thought.

Just for kicks, the specs of the TP 7S 4,400mah LiPo. Note, This is a ~$300 battery.
  • Capacity: 4400mAh
  • Configuration: 7S
  • Voltage: 25.9V
  • Max Charge Rate: 12C*
  • Max Cont. Discharge: 70C
  • Max Burst Discharge: 140C
  • Max Charge Current: 52.8A
  • Max Cont. Current: 308A
  • Max Burst Current: 616A

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Makes sense if more power is required. Hopefully it doesn't spiral wildly out of control, I don't really want to see a 7S LiPo in a vape...oh that's a scary thought.

Just for kicks, the specs of the TP 7S 4,400mah LiPo. Note, This is a ~$300 battery.
  • Capacity: 4400mAh
  • Configuration: 7S
  • Voltage: 25.9V
  • Max Charge Rate: 12C*
  • Max Cont. Discharge: 70C
  • Max Burst Discharge: 140C
  • Max Charge Current: 52.8A
  • Max Cont. Current: 308A
  • Max Burst Current: 616A
You only vape at 200amps? Thats so last month, wuss

Status
Not open for further replies.