Well, my mechanical mod went BOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
Difference being that firearms are designed to kill humans. Electronic cigarettes are designed to do the opposite. There should be no accidents. If someone is unable to exercise proper caution when using a mechanical, they simply need to move on to a regulated device with safety features to prevent these "accidents" from happening.

jimbodaddy74

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Everywhere you want to be
Difference being that firearms are designed to kill humans. Electronic cigarettes are designed to do the opposite. There should be no accidents. If someone is unable to exercise proper caution when using a mechanical, they simply need to move on to a regulated device with safety features to prevent these "accidents" from happening.

Damn, then I was waaay out of the scope of use of a firearm for deer hunting!

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles

Of course there should be no accidents, but the simple fact of the matter is that accidents do indeed happen, even to the most knowledgable and cautious among us. That's why they're called accidents.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST

You don't get it. I don't know how else to say this. You're wrong.

What you're claiming is logically impossible. There WILL be accidents even if everyone is perfect in their "exercising of proper caution"...which is also impossible.

EDIT: And that's not to be taken as "anti-mech". I don't mean it that way. But neither can we say that all accidents are human error.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hate to bust out the pb words, but....

if you're going to be running a setup like this that has the potential to injure yourself or more important other innocent bystanders, making sure your mod is secure at all times is akin to keeping your firearms safety on before they are ready to fire.

i believe it was member hoosier on this site that stated "there should be no accidents". It is my opinion that no truer words have been spoken in reference to this type of device and set up.

Yes there should be no accidents, but that is impossible because humans make mistakes. The only way to avoid these mistakes from ever happening is to not do anything. And that is also not possible :)

The best we can do is to design out most of the possible problems from our lives, specially the ones with the biggest risks. That is why there are regulations about how to wire a house, how to design plumbing, how to make consumer devices safe, etc. But still, every once in a while there is an accident and someone can or does get hurt and it's always human error that caused it. If the injury and pain is bad enough we then look at regulations to make sure that it will not happen again. If nothing is changed, the problems would continue.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I agree completely, and think there would have been a different general tone if the "Hey sometimes .... happens" would have been left out of it. And now I am going to excuse myself from this thread, with my feathers un-ruffled.

Care for some jiffy pop? ;)

*popping in*

Is it the diacetyl free one, RG?

*dashing out*

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
LOL

.... Cheney...

Errr... Richard???

Sent from my device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread