Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Yet again...oye,

Ok, reasons for this happening are as follows.
Mod positive pin dead shorted
Build was crap and dead shorted.
Build pulled to many amps from a battery not rated for it (likely the case)
Switch was locked on the "On" position or got stuck.
Forgot to lock switch down with lock ring.

First and foremost, I'm not going to congratulate you at all, you not only put yourself at risk but you put everyone on that bus at risk. Can I not get people to understand the dangers of building down below .5, can we not get that your drawing massive amp's at this point and unless you've 35 amp rated batteries or better hang that pipe dream up. So you kicked it down the street, lucky that no one came around that corner, congrats you just severely injured someone. Guess that's aright I suppose at least it would seem so with the attitudes lately (it is not alright if your wondering, 2 min of safety and an ounce of common sense could have prevented this from ever happening).

I'd charged you double if I owned the shop personally, once to replace the equipment and a surcharge for the shear lack of common sense. Yah some here may pad the gravity of what happened, some may even say its alright but the bottom line is you put people in danger not only from possible shrapnel but as well the toxic gases that vented. Your lucky to have all your limbs still attached in truth, and that I won't sugar coat at all.

This time practice some basic safety and common sense, you don't need to build low to have an amazing vape experience. This is some sort of weird myth in the community that got started from god knows where but really needs to end. I really don't want to see you or anyone else hurt, there is no point in having come this far staying of the cig's if your going to do something to get you killed. Vape on and vape safe.

*Correction, Bus ment "Street Car" in this instance

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It's awfully easy to think you've locked a mech switch when you haven't. Over time, it can become a casual thing, until you get hot pocket syndrome, which happened to me at a wedding. I swore I locked it, but when I checked it after the cooldown, it wasn't quite locked.

In the OP's case, the vape shop replaced the mech with a regulated mod. Good idea to help protect a customer from themselves and preserve their shop's reputation too.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
It's awfully easy to think you've locked a mech switch when you haven't. Over time, it can become a casual thing, until you get hot pocket syndrome, which happened to me at a wedding. I swore I locked it, but when I checked it after the cooldown, it wasn't quite locked.

In the OP's case, the vape shop replaced the mech with a regulated mod. Good idea to help protect a customer from themselves and preserve their shop's reputation too.

I've never had that issue with my mechanical mod, I always check, recheck, double check and then just for safety check again. To realize there is no safety and its wide open when unlocked deserves some seriously healthy respect.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that I'm a bit less ready to go for the throat and not let go until the body stops shaking.

The fact that they gave you a regulated mod will allow you to "Play" in an arena safely as the electronics will pick up the short before the batteries but (and there is a but here) you'll still need quality batteries in that device. The regulated mod you have is a good device and will serve you well, I'd say drop some 25A batteries in there of quality. Also study up on oHm's law before rebuilding anything at all, read up on how it all works together with atomization to include watts of heat and gauge of kanthal (what is oHm's and how does it matter with wire length and or why). Figure out the puzzle and you'll have a set-up to out do anything that I'm sure is local, trust me on this.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Your opinions are pretentious and rude. listening to this guys story he doesn't need to have it laid on by a rude troll over the internet. The fact is your nephew was safely not on the train car in this one time experience. get over the story get over your self and offer some helpful advice that doesn't come from your podium. mechs take alot of maintenance; they should be clean on a weekly basis; threads insides buttons contact, etc. one of the reasons a mod could do this if it got dirty on the inside and that built up. Also check your treads and make sure there are no shavings of metal hanging off that could come in contact with the battery. he didnt tell his story to read about your hypothetical nephew; get over your self and actually help him understand what may have happened

Lol. Me a troll, are you kidding. pm me if you have a problem with me stateing my opinions so we dont have to derail the thread.

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
I've never had that issue with my mechanical mod, I always check, recheck, double check and then just for safety check again. To realize there is no safety and its wide open when unlocked deserves some seriously healthy respect.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now that I'm a bit less ready to go for the throat and not let go until the body stops shaking.

The fact that they gave you a regulated mod will allow you to "Play" in an arena safely as the electronics will pick up the short before the batteries but (and there is a but here) you'll still need quality batteries in that device. The regulated mod you have is a good device and will serve you well, I'd say drop some 25A batteries in there of quality. Also study up on oHm's law before rebuilding anything at all, read up on how it all works together with atomization to include watts of heat and gauge of kanthal (what is oHm's and how does it matter with wire length and or why). Figure out the puzzle and you'll have a set-up to out do anything that I'm sure is local, trust me on this.

You said it all right here fine sir! I think this is how we educate, Yes I think he needed some of the harsher side but we are really here to educate.
and yes Samsung is my go to battery as well, I have 8 of them in rotation. They are all labeled A1/B1 A2/B2.. ect. Stored away from metal and in a cool/dry environment/case. Let be happy he got a good regulated mod and he will read up on his battery safety and order good authentic batts.
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

mastatom85

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
Broomfield; CO
Lol. Me a troll, are you kidding. pm me if you have a problem with me stateing my opinions so we dont have to derail the thread.

I was just attempting to offer advice about the actual issue on hand; while you were stuck in a hypothetical world of what ifs. The hardest part of vaping is people that know "everything"; yet don't use their common sense when they are talking. the goal of being here is to support people through their issues not pile it on like you were. I was attempting to re-rail this thread from your hypothetical world of what ifs and provide some information to the user.

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
Well, ok....

Show me where the manual is for operating a mechanical mod???

Show me where the manual is for coil building and all of the mandatory coil specs for use in a Ecig.

Show me a Web page that suggest's that MODS VV/VW or mechanical should not be carried in pants pocket.

I started a thread.... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mechmods/645243-mech-mod-failures.html

Post'em up and lets get this {Moderated} documented.

Then we can Sticky it for posterity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisstyre

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto, ON, CA
Thanks to the people on here that are not giving me a "stern talking to" about this, and to the ones that are, yes I will admit. I should have taken the battery OR rda off the device before pocketing that. I own that as my own fault. However. I have done my reading, know, and understand ohms law. I am always super careful (with this exception, bring on the "if you were super careful this would not have happened blah blah blah.) But regardless it still happened. My point with sharing this is to make people aware that no matter how safe you are with your devices things CAN, not will, but can go wrong. Such is what happened to me. If you want to say what happened to me is "highly suspect" that's fine. Keep in mind that you weren't there. I know that people COULD have been hurt, but nobody was. I am aware of all the *What might have happened* Luckily none of those scenarios came to pass.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I was just attempting to offer advice about the actual issue on hand; while you were stuck in a hypothetical world of what ifs. The hardest part of vaping is people that know "everything"; yet don't use their common sense when they are talking. the goal of being here is to support people through their issues not pile it on like you were. I was attempting to re-rail this thread from your hypothetical world of what ifs and provide some information to the user.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Enough.

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Well, ok....

Show me where the manual is for operating a mechanical mod???

Show me where the manual is for coil building and all of the mandatory coil specs for use in a Ecig.

Show me a Web page that suggest's that MODS VV/VW or mechanical should not be carried in pants pocket.

I started a thread.... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mechmods/645243-mech-mod-failures.html

Post'em up and lets get this {Moderated} documented.

Then we can Sticky it for posterity.

I agree, Let get errr done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread