Well nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
So my Quit Smoking Again vapemail arrived today. I have an Endura T18, which utterly failed, it got so hot that I couldn't even hold it, not chaining it by any means, just too hot to hold. It also was hot when charging. I had it recycled. (Moment of silence.)

Last year when I was vaping away happily I was using 2 iStick 30w's and 2 Subtank Nano's which never really steered me wrong, I was just way overdoing my nic intake without realizing it, somehow after 3 months I was a full time smoker again. It kinda scared me (I'm easily scared) but I'm trying again.

So without doing much research, I guess, I picked up 2 iStick 40w's on the cheap, and 2 Subtank Mini's. (Bigger tanks! New vertical coils! RBA's!) I have no real intention of sub-ohm'ing, at least for a long time, so I have a bunch of 1.5 coils along for the ride. I also have no intention of using TC or Ni coils, so I'm staying in wattage mode, at about 18-20 is all. Also starting at a lower nic, which I know will be tougher, but...it might not because I really want to quit this time, last time I don't think I honestly did.

So my discoveries tonight after getting everything all out. One of the iStick's battery drops like a rock, and I'm wary of using it at all. Not even a few hits and the battery indicator is at about 80%. Experimented by charging, it charged up fine, didn't get hot. Doesn't get hot with a vape either, unsure as to put away or not.

Of course, one of the Subtank Mini's leaks crocodile tears out of the airflow holes, I've read about that, I've got some new O-rings on the way for it, no worries. So I put the good Subtank that doesn't leak on the good iStick that doesn't lie (yet). So far, so good with it.

Ah well. What do you all suggest? Work with the leaky Subtank and see if I can un-leaky it? Work with the weird battery iStick or drop it and run? If I do drop it and run, what do I replace it with? I don't need 50+ watts or anything.

I'm also broke for two weeks or so, so there's that. Fun times so far.

Edit: Not to mention I can't adjust the airflow on either Subtank Mini at all, it's like someone welded them in full-open. I literally cannot move them. I had no problems like this last year with the Nano's. (I no longer have my old iSticks or Nano's just for the record.)

It's great that you are trying again - I went round and round with it for over two years, quitting, dual using, total backsliding, vaping, dual using, over and over.

Hoping that cycle is finally over - but if it ain't - vaping is still the best alternative to smoking I've found over the decades, lol.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I did fix the leak yesterday, posted up above :) It was likely the fact that the o-ring on the coil fell off, seeing as how when I put it back on, the leaking stopped. The tanks are great, but I'm guaranteeing that one of my shouldn't-have-bought-anyway iSticks is faulty. I'm waiting on a reply from MVS as to whether they'll take it back or not. If not, no biggie. One will hold me for a while.

MVS is pretty good people. If it is near new, they should replace it.:)
Not knocking your choice - whatever works is good - but I just don't purchase disposable mods. Never made since to me to toss a good device for a dead battery.:blink:
*or even toss a working battery because of a broken mod*:oops:

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
MVS is pretty good people. If it is near new, they should replace it.:)
Not knocking your choice - whatever works is good - but I just don't purchase disposable mods. Never made since to me to toss a good device for a dead battery.:blink:
*or even toss a working battery because of a broken mod*:oops:

I haven't been accused of being smart for over 20 years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread