Status
Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I just stumbled across and installed firmware version 3.10. Wismec claims the RX200 will now do 250W. RX250? From the website:

"Firmware 3.10 version upgrades the maximum output power to 250W. One thing should be noted that the recommended resistance range for 250W is 0.1-0.32ohm while the recommended resistance range for 220W is 0.1-0.37ohm."

Upgrading mine was painless, the only slightly annoying, (but necessary, I s'pose), thing is it reset the device completely, putting it into TC Ni mode at 235 C and... 250W. :cool:

Just dialed 'er right on up to 250 in Wattage mode as well. I'm not vaping anything at remotely that power, but I really appreciate that Wismec, (joyetech), continues to upgrade the firmware to enhance the mod's capabilities, and that it adjusts in 0.1W increments all the way up to 250. I had no idea this update was coming out, but what a pleasant surprise. :thumbs:

Here's a link for the upgrade to 3.10:
Reuleaux RX200 - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun Valley

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Will go to upgrade for my rx200, too, even though I don't think I will vape at 250W :)

I probably never will either, and with version 3.10 the RX200 still might not provide a full 250W, but if it does anything over 200, it's outperforming the DNA200 version, in that dept anyway. ;)

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
What kind of batteries are safe at 250W? That's 27.7 amps per battery (assuming a low-voltage cutoff of 3v per, I don't know what the actual cutoff value is for this device), cutting it pretty darn close even with the best 30A 18650's available...I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer to keep my safety margin a little wider than 7%.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Such negative nancies here. Using the device's full power output is only a bad idea if you don't have proper batteries installed. One could say the same of any mod.

Wismec can't be blamed, they're simply improving the capabilities of one of their most popular products, and they've always specified that 30A batteries should be used with the RX200.

Reactions: beckdg

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
What kind of batteries are safe at 250W? That's 27.7 amps per battery (assuming a low-voltage cutoff of 3v per, I don't know what the actual cutoff value is for this device), cutting it pretty darn close even with the best 30A 18650's available...I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer to keep my safety margin a little wider than 7%.

LG HB2/4/6 and Sony VTC4

ETA: It's actually the Sony VTC3, (not the 4 and def not the 5), that has a CDR of 30A, as beckdg pointed out.

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Cool find,thanks for the heads up.
Do i need 250 watts?Absolutely not
Will i ever vape at 250 watts? No way
Can i proudly say i now own a 250 watt mod? Absolutely haha
I don't know what it is,but after doing that update,just seeing it say 250 watts put a smile on my face haha,then i promptly toned it back down to 40 watts where i use it at haha.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    ... and that it adjusts in 0.1W increments all the way up to 250.
    Seriously. I can see the tootle puffers with their above ohm coils needing that fine level of adjustment, but after about 30 watts I'd personally prefer a full 1 watt increment. I really just can't vape at say 50.6 as an example, and have to decrement to 50, or increment up to 51.

In all seriousness can you really tell a .4 from a .7 change in watts?

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    Seriously. I can see the tootle puffers with their above ohm coils needing that fine level of adjustment, but after about 30 watts I'd personally prefer a full 1 watt increment. I really just can't vape at say 50.6 as an example, and have to decrement to 50, or increment up to 51.

In all seriousness can you really tell a .4 from a .7 change in watts?

Yep, I can. It's ever so slightly different. I'd probably be fine with 0.5 increments, but they can do 0.1 increments, so why not? Anyway, the wattage adjustment shifts to 1W increments and accelerates nicely once you hold the button down for a few sec.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
    Jul 21, 2015
    LG HB2/4/6 and Sony VTC4

ETA: It's actually the Sony VTC3, (not the 4 and def not the 5), that has a CDR of 30A, as beckdg pointed out.

The VTC4 is a 30 amp cell. I use mine at 30 amps (.14 ohm on a mech) and they barely get warm. You may be thinking about the VTC5, which is commonly quoted as a 30 amp cell, but is rated for 20 amps continuous by Sony.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    The VTC4 is a 30 amp cell. I use mine at 30 amps (.14 ohm on a mech) and they barely get warm. You may be thinking about the VTC5, which is commonly quoted as a 30 amp cell, but is rated for 20 amps continuous by Sony.

I'm using Mooch's latest test results as reference:

image-jpeg.546739

The VTC4's actual CDR is 23A, (30A MCA). I'm not saying that VTC4's are unsafe to use at >200W power, but you won't get 250W without batteries that have 30A CDR, (if I understand things correctly). Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

The trade off for this is significantly lower mAh, (1500), so you have a choice with the RX200, (250); either use 30A CDR batts for max power, or use 3000 mAh batts for max battery life at lower power settings. It's easy enough to get sets of each, for those who're inclined to sometimes crank er up to 11.

With the release of batts like the LG HG2 and especially the Samsung 30Q, (tested MCA of 25A), the Sony VTC5 seems to have very little purpose anymore. It's still a generally good batt, but usually costs more than others that exceed its capabilities.

Last edited:

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Yep, I can. It's ever so slightly different.
    You could be a machine if you can tell. Good on ya. So, you're in Ontario?

... but if it does anything over 200, it's outperforming the DNA200 version, in that dept anyway. ;)
    It's 99% marketing, and I doubt it will ever outperform the DNA200 version. I've got both and RX and the DNA version. Here's my personal views.

RX version - Great mod, much smaller screen, much easier interface to use when it's in your hand.
    DNA version - Smoother vape at higher wattages. Ability to change items such as ramp up, speed, etc. so you can fine tune your settings. Better for TC, and with eScribe you can see and tune what you're getting. Ability to change wattage increment. All in all, a much more refined mod. Much larger screen and the ability to show the information you want to see.

Cheap wiring and shoddy 510 connections for both.
    Is the DNA worth the extra $100, nope, and if it broke, I'd replace with another RX. Still do not regret the purchase.

Reactions: 7sixtwo

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    The experienced vapour will appreciate this but for some reason all noobs go for the rx200 and another 50 horses I can only imagine

I know everyone should always be battery safety ready but a lot of noobs haven't a clue and will run 250w cause they can
    Someone is going to blow their face off. I agree a lot of Noobs are just excited that the mod can go that high and anxious to tame the Dragon without doing the research. I upgraded mine and I have never gone over 110 watts and probably won't. Most of the time I'm good at 70-80 watts. :)

You will put your eye out kid:shock:
    upload_2016-4-15_17-40-15.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread