Status
Not open for further replies.

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Nakhonsithammarat, Thailand
What it's capable
79006885194fba7d8d90e69a4c0aed51.jpg

Notice it only goes that high since my batteries are not full, and could give only 9 V max. At full charge, it goes all the way up to 250 watts
But, in reality, this is as high as I go
2d4c3ce4df436420d9a71f402b6d1713.jpg

So I'm giving thumbs up for kangertech for this added safety measure. If your batteries can't handle 250, then it won't let you turn up that high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok I'm really confused. What does KangerTech have to do with this? The mod is made by Wismec and the parent company is JoyTech. Lol

From the pic it's a Uwell Crown on your RX 200. The mod will only go to 250watts only if you have the proper coil "ohms".

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Nick Jennings

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Bay City, Michigan, USA
Cool find,thanks for the heads up.
Do i need 250 watts?Absolutely not
Will i ever vape at 250 watts? No way
Can i proudly say i now own a 250 watt mod? Absolutely haha
I don't know what it is,but after doing that update,just seeing it say 250 watts put a smile on my face haha,then i promptly toned it back down to 40 watts where i use it at haha.

This made me laugh, lol!

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
What it's capable
79006885194fba7d8d90e69a4c0aed51.jpg

Notice it only goes that high since my batteries are not full, and could give only 9 V max. At full charge, it goes all the way up to 250 watts
But, in reality, this is as high as I go
2d4c3ce4df436420d9a71f402b6d1713.jpg

So I'm giving thumbs up for kangertech for this added safety measure. If your batteries can't handle 250, then it won't let you turn up that high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not the batteries, (the RX200 doesn't check them for anything but the available power), it's the voltage. The device cannot exceed 9V. In order to get 250W, you need to use a coil with lower resistance.

Above, computerjohn noted the resistance ranges for 220W and 250W.

Last edited:
Reactions: computerjohn

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
This is just perfect for the " must obtain most powerful mod on planet" minded people . A poultry 200 watt vape doesn't satisfy for long.

A "poultry 200 watt vape" sounds flavorful. Perhaps around Thanksgiving it would be appropriate. :D

Yes, you meant to say "paltry". You're welcome, from your friendly neighborhood spelling/grammar nazi. ;)

Few people will ever vape at 250W, but since the device can actually do it, I'm glad Wismec updated the firmware to allow it to.

It's not the batteries, (the RX200 doesn't analyze them for anything but the available power), it's the voltage. The device cannot exceed 9V. In order to get 250W, you need to use a coil with lower resistance.

Above, computerjohn noted the resistance ranges for 220W and 250W.

Something I'm very confused on. On the RX200 in the pic, it looks to have a Uwell Crown on it. Why is it reading .37 ohms??? Coils are only available in .15 (Ni200), .25, .5, & 1.2. Unless of course he is using the RBA in it. If not then the mod is reading the coil at the wrong resistance. Which that much of a difference something is VERY wrong and do NOT use!!!
061b0e93971a564a6c9fef52df84b87c.jpg

Reactions: 7sixtwo
Need to put this out there. As of right now and to my knowledge, there is no prebuilt coil for a Sub-OHM tank that can go beyond 180 watts! Even at 180 watts the only tank that can do that is the SMOK TFV4 using the TF-T8 coil. You may be able to do 200 watts with it, but you are cutting the life span of those coils FAST!!

The Uwell Crown .25 is rated at 120 watts max!!

So using a prebuilt coil at 250 watts at this time is non existent. To be honest who the hell vapes at 180 watts enjoyably?? First flavor gone! Battery life gone!, That tank will be inhaling ejuice!!

Using an RDA and or an RTA, yes it is possible. But should only be attempted by advanced vapors.

Last edited:
Ya, that's really what we need right before FDA deeming regulations,
I can already see where this is going to end up ....................

Yeah pretty much, they are always looking for a reason.

Think of it this way also. The average vehicle can go over 100mph. If you go over the speed limit "in this example wattage", then you yourself have taken responsibility for your actions and the outcome. I'm sorry, I'm tired of all this "political correctness" BS and needing to protect everyone.

As the great George Carlin once said "The kid that eats the most marbles, doesn't make it to 2nd grade".

Let's face it. Even with all the regulations some idiot is still going to put the wrong battery or atty on a mech mod and have it blow up on them.

It's called "Get educated and not regulated! (This is my personal quote) lmao

How many fires have cigarettes started due to idiots??

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Yeah pretty much, they are always looking for a reason.

Think of it this way also. The average vehicle can go over 100mph. If you go over the speed limit "in this example wattage", then you yourself have taken responsibility for your actions and the outcome. I'm sorry, I'm tired of all this "political correctness" BS and needing to protect everyone.

As the great George Carlin once said "The kid that eats the most marbles, doesn't make it to 2nd grade".

Exactly, the "kid" in this example beginners loose an eye / fingers, I think the idea of wanting to quit smoking and seek out harm reduction is reversing in concept, not everyone trying to put down a 30 yr addiction has the patients to take a course in vaping and yes shop employees are selling these devises to newbs.
Your mentality ( tired of all this needing to protect everyone ) is exactly were HR 2058 takes care of that problem for you .............

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
A "poultry 200 watt vape" sounds flavorful. Perhaps around Thanksgiving it would be appropriate. :D

Yes, you meant to say "paltry". You're welcome, from your friendly neighborhood spelling/grammar nazi. ;)

Few people will ever vape at 250W, but since the device can actually do it, I'm glad Wismec updated the firmware to allow it to.

Appreciate the grammar correction , your right we aren't talking about no dang chicken lol. Being a grammar nazi , i bet your busy as hell these days , grammar on the net is horrifically poor.

Exactly, the "kid" in this example beginners loose an eye / fingers, I think the idea of wanting to quit smoking and seek out harm reduction is reversing in concept, not everyone trying to put down a 30 yr addiction has the patients to take a course in vaping and yes shop employees are selling these devises to newbs.
Your mentality ( tired of all this needing to protect everyone ) is exactly were HR 2058 takes care of that problem for you .............

AH!!!! Please don't use the term Kid and vaping in the same content "ever"!!! These devices are for 18 and over which are adults "oh course that depends on state to state".

Yes I have see shop employees that have no business helping people. Considering they have zero clue!!!! I got started from a friend of mine who vapes. For the most part those of us that have stayed with vaping, were shown property or were pointed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread