We're not the only ones mixing by weight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
upload_2016-12-9_18-40-24.png

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Some ejuice lab in the UK shows one of their employees using a scale exactly how we (those of that mix by weight) do.

PS.
I do not know this company nor do I have an affiliation with them.

Because that is the way a real chemist does it! It really is that much better of a system (IMHO).

Reactions: jpasint

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Because that is the way a real chemist does it! It really is that much better of a system (IMHO).

Exactly. The volume of something can change based on many factors (is it warm is it cold is it dense is it foamy did you sit on it and flatten it out or blow it up like a balloon) but mass is mass and no matter how much you stretch or squeeze or beat or froth a thing, as long as you don't actually add anything or take anything away, its mass (and also its weight, provided we stay relatively near the planet's surface when we measure it) is never going to change. 100g of whipped cream is a lot "larger" than 100g of fresh cream, but it's the same "amount" of cream either way. If I get 100ml of fresh cream, though, and you get 100ml of whipped cream, we both have "100ml worth" -- they'll both fill the same sized cup -- but at the same time, I've got a lot more cream than you have.

Volume is fine, if you just want to measure the "bigness" of something, just how much of the universe it uses up, sure. But for measuring the actual "muchness", if you really want to measure the actual "amount" of something and not just how big it is, mass/weight truly is the way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread