Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
very low nic Berry Bomb to try subohm.
Part of me wants to say I'll never go there because I don't have the requisite cloud chucker personality. But that statement is as of today. I do not know what next year might bring. Keep us posted on your results.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Part of me wants to say I'll never go there because I don't have the requisite cloud chucker personality. But that statement is as of today. I do not know what next year might bring. Keep us posted on your results.
I dragged my feet...until I won the subtank and a Disrupter....I had no choice.....lmaoooo

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Just an update...

I'm not dead and reviews are still forthcoming. I'm just dragging my feet. Doing the whole well, let's try it in this tank, on that dripper, how's it taste now.

I will say I have discovered that a couple flavors I like on the dripper, I absolutely cannot vape in a tank and vice versa.

Anyone else found something similar or am I crazy?

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Just an update...

I'm not dead and reviews are still forthcoming. I'm just dragging my feet. Doing the whole well, let's try it in this tank, on that dripper, how's it taste now.

I will say I have discovered that a couple flavors I like on the dripper, I absolutely cannot vape in a tank and vice versa.

Ive never tried the dripper yet. Yet.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I'm still trying to understand this. I have read about drippers, but I am using a KangerTech Protank-II at the moment, which clearly does not fall into that class. Yet the destruction sheet that came in the box calls the sucky bit a "dripper tip." Excuse me, but you'd play hell trying to drip into this thing - even if I wanted to, which I don't.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I'm still trying to understand this. I have read about drippers, but I am using a KangerTech Protank-II at the moment, which clearly does not fall into that class. Yet the destruction sheet that came in the box calls the sucky bit a "dripper tip." Excuse me, but you'd play hell trying to drip into this thing - even if I wanted to, which I don't.
I'm a poster child for Kanger PT's... Lol... Have 12 and now the subtank...yes, they call them "drip tips", but no, you can't...some tanks are set up that way...

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
It does make a difference I think in some flavors. I hate the Berry Bomb in my Squid and Derringer, but it's not bad in a Lemo 2. That flavor in drippers has a (to me) unbearable sour bite. But in the tank the sour tempers out and the sweetness comes through more.

On the other hand, I love the Mellow Gold dripped, but in the tank it's a little overwhelming and burns easily when airflow is not optimal.

Of course, the menthol is a no go either way. It's like inhaling Vick's mixed with ice shards. Perhaps in an EVOD it might be ok.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD

I'm a poster child for Kanger PT's... Lol... Have 12 and now the subtank...yes, they call them "drip tips", but no, you can't...some tanks are set up that way...

I believe they got their names from the original 510 and 306 atomizers. They started using plastic mouthpieces to distance their lips from the hot juice but the mouthpieces had a large enough hole they could be dripped through rather than removed every 2-3 puffs to refill. The name just kinda stuck.

I also use a Protank 2 with a airflow base, it's great for out of the house. I wouldn't drip in it either though.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
So maybe I should just order Berry Bomb for my tanks....lol...thanks for heads up!
Red, if I remember correctly, you like that flavor and have ordered a 120 of it. If you like it, it doesn't hurt to try a few drops on an RDA. Even if it's a high mg, just use a higher ohm build and tighter airflow to mimic a PT.

I'm not in love with that flavor, so perhaps my irritation with it is personal. I do like Summer Sweetie, it's the right balance of fruity and sweet with no weird aftertaste or odd flavor notes. However, those I've let try it in my Lemo tell me it's ungodly sweet and syrupy.

Keep in mind as well, ohms/volts/watts/airflow have a lot to do with taste. My Squid was built 1.2 ohm, stock airflow (tight), tiny chamber, running about 8 watts. The Derringer runs a 1 ohm dual, 2/3s airflow, slightly larger chamber, running about 11-12 watts. The Lemo is .9 ohms, wide open airflow, slightly bigger chamber, running 22 watts.

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
Just an update...

That's a really good point, and an interesting conversation point. Flavor, and how much of it you want in the juice, is really a personal taste thing. As a general rule, you need less flavorings as you go with higher temps/more vapor, it tends to burn and make things taste weird if there's just too much. Without getting into too much technical stuff, every ingredient in eliquid has a different temperature of decomposition, meaning, what temp will it "burn" at (scientifically speaking burning is decomposition). Too much of some ingredients don't do well with high heat setups, which is why we tested in small tanks, subtanks, and drippers. Not every flavor will be optimum to people's palette in each type of tank or device, so it's worth checking them out in different equipment. There are definitely flavors that stand out with higher heat that become subdued when you reduce the heat, and vice versa.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
In my opinion, you should try every one of their flavors. :)
I probably will eventually..but I'm not a fan of tobacco or menthol ones....lol..and very picky about fruit ones because so many taste like soap to me. Even before I quit smoking, I had a pretty sharp sense of taste, and could pick out the artificial fruit flavors in a lot of foods. Was so bizarre I could pick out "red" food coloring as tasting different. I swore of anything red for years...skittles, M&M's, and red candy tasted metallic to me.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Lannie said some of her fruity stuff tasted like soap, but now she has something to up the heat (higher watts) and the "soap" taste goes away.
I'm revisiting a few... Lol...most taste better, some worse...the search for the perfect ADV fruit may have ended with BBomb!!!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I probably will eventually..but I'm not a fan of tobacco or menthol ones....lol..and very picky about fruit ones because so many taste like soap to me. Even before I quit smoking, I had a pretty sharp sense of taste, and could pick out the artificial fruit flavors in a lot of foods. Was so bizarre I could pick out "red" food coloring as tasting different. I swore of anything red for years...skittles, M&M's, and red candy tasted metallic to me.
You should definitely try the Prince Pucker. It's a clear juice and it tastes exactly like a Granny Smith apple. With skin!! Soo delicious. I LOVE mixing the Summer Sweetie with the Prince Pucker. Best mixture I have ever tried. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread