Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Review #2

Mellow Gold – this is a tobacco flavor that showed itself to be fairly mellow, rather like a 100mm Light filtered cigarette. I have tried tobacco flavors from other vendors that were so harsh, I couldn’t tolerate them and it was not the nicotine level that caused that. Not so with Mellow Gold. I suggest this would be a good starter flavor for someone who comes to vaping with the intent to quit smoking cigarettes, but needs a known taste and smell before making the jump to other flavors. For the more experienced vaper who still enjoys tobacco occasionally, perhaps adding a few drops of strawberry flavoring would make it more interesting and could become a long-term tobacco vape. I am not a mixologist, however, so if you are new to DIY liquids, be careful; the background chemical composition might make for a totally unexpected change in the flavor.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Review #3

Cool Customer – this flavor is that of chocolate and mint. Normally, I am not into mint in anything, but this surprised me – in a good way. The chocolate is subtle, but definitely “there” and the mint seemed to belong to it, as if I had just bitten into a Peppermint Patty candy. Again, the long deep draw brings out more flavor than short puffs, so relax and enjoy this rather than trying to suck on the run. I feel that the “best time of day” for vaping this one is after dinner – treat it like a special calming dessert.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I only vape 4 mg and lower at this point. Transitioned down from 6 about 6 months ago and haven't bounced back up, so I think it's permanant :rickroll:
I was at 0 for months but I really missed the throat hit, so I am back up to 6 (or 8!!). I am fine with that, though. It is still a very low nic level and I am not skird of a little nicotine. Goes great with my caffeine. :p

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
That's all that matters. This whole program came out of a little bit of thought about how I purchase and come to new stuff myself. I have my sources, they're not "idols" or celebrities, they're certain really knowledgable, and sometimes not even knowledgable, but friendly people in shops and other places I go. If I know I have similar eliquid tastes to someone, and they tell me, man, you have to try this, I'm probably going to look it up. If they have a 120 mL bottle, it's likely they'll fill a tank for me, cuz, why not?

I choose my trusted "suggesters" for strange reasons, but I know I have them, and I trust their opinions and judgement. I can't honestly say I've ever bought a product based on info I got in a "sponsored" review, you know? It's usually that I've sold myself already, and the review is just there to reinforce the decision I've already made.

This is the one, this one right here.

Well said. :)

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Review #4

Cool Green – this one is menthol and, while I tried a menthol cigarette many years ago, I have generally avoided anything with that taste or smell since then. No, not even menthol cough medicines, lozenges, or Vick’s. But I promised I would test this and I am doing so. And, believe it or not, it surprised me. It has a fresh minty taste and smell, not overpowering like I expected, but nice and smooth. I managed to puff it all day without giving up. I probably won’t use it on a regular basis, but for those times when you need to sit back and seriously relax, this might help.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Review #5

Café Cream – this is coffee sucked up you nose instead of swallowed.:) I tanked up at night, then had my first puff the next morning. Because I was drinking coffee and vaping coffee at the same time, I didn’t really get the full effect until breakfast was over and the coffee cup was in the sink. For the rest of the day, however, this reminded me of a real coffee, not one overpowered by added flavors, yet there was a creaminess to it, like cream from fresh whole milk.

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
Being from south GA, I have tasted some pretty awful peach juices, the only one that comes close to tasting like the real thing is white peach, I get mine from rts vapes :)
HAHA, I don't think I'd ever be bold enough to try to sell a peach juice in Georgia... You're just asking for trouble

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
Review #4

Cool Green – this one is menthol and, while I tried a menthol cigarette many years ago, I have generally avoided anything with that taste or smell since then. No, not even menthol cough medicines, lozenges, or Vick’s. But I promised I would test this and I am doing so. And, believe it or not, it surprised me. It has a fresh minty taste and smell, not overpowering like I expected, but nice and smooth. I managed to puff it all day without giving up. I probably won’t use it on a regular basis, but for those times when you need to sit back and seriously relax, this might help.

Cool Green, just a little tip, works almost like vapable Vicks Vaporub (without the grease and all) when you've got a cold or sore throat. That menthol is great for when you're too sick to vape what you normally would, but you need your vape ;)

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
I was at 0 for months but I really missed the throat hit, so I am back up to 6 (or 8!!). I am fine with that, though. It is still a very low nic level and I am not skird of a little nicotine. Goes great with my caffeine. :p
I'm the same way. For me, the reduction was based on getting too much throat hit actually. I've found that the longer I've been off cigarettes, the less tolerance my body has for that harshness in the throat. I'm all sensitive these days :cry:

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
Amazing! I have a blog magazine project coming up and plan to review e-liquids as a fun past time, there. This is perfectly timed. Thank you!
That is awesome! Keep us in the loop when you're up and running, I'd be happy to share it through to our audiences

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Before I start submitting my reviews (which I would have done even without this awesome reward program) I do have an important question.

I taste tested all ten juices on a itty bitty rda with a smidgen of Shishedo cotton prewetted with straight VG and noticed that at least two caused staining of the wick after only 4-8 drops. And when I say staining, I don't mean typical "gunk" colors like amber, brown or blackish. It was bright red/pink.

Is there any coloring added to your juice or flavorings?

Side question: do you actively test/avoid diketones, AP, and colorings?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Seigun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
That is awesome! Keep us in the loop when you're up and running, I'd be happy to share it through to our audiences
Will do! The plan was not to launch until the end of the year, but its looking like it may be earlier (I hope!)
Do I just message you? [emoji4]

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Review #6

Summer Sweetie – I sucked on this one all morning. It was reasonably sweet and made good vapor, but straight unflavored VG could do that. Where was the flavor and smell? After half a day, I handed my binkie to Wifey in frustration and said, “Try this one.” She asked, “What is it?” I simply said, “You tell me.” She puffed once and replied, “Um, watermelon.” OK, it was not the equipment. So why can’t I taste it? I suspect I’ll need to steep this for a week or two and try it again later.

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
Before I start submitting my reviews (which I would have done even without this awesome reward program) I do have an important question.

I taste tested all ten juices on a itty bitty rda with a smidgen of Shishedo cotton prewetted with straight VG and noticed that at least two caused staining of the wick after only 4-8 drops. And when I say staining, I don't mean typical "gunk" colors like amber, brown or blackish. It was bright red/pink.

Is there any coloring added to your juice or flavorings?

Side question: do you actively test/avoid diketones, AP, and colorings?

Thanks so much!
We don't add anything to our juice and do our best to keep anything objectionable out. All of our juices are Diacetyl free.

Flavorings is a complicated question. A better one would be how much of your flavorings do you create in house, and the answer to that is about 90%. The other 10% we're actively working on reformulating under our control. In the flavorings we create, there is no Diacetyl, AP, or Acetoin. We don't add any colorings to them either.

In the ingredients we use from outside sources, we can only rely on working with honest and trustworthy companies who disclose things to us. At this time, we aren't aware of any colorings, but that's no guarantee there aren't any. We ask, our suppliers answer, there are no "certifications" for things of that nature out there, and our margins aren't big enough that we can afford to do independent testing at this time. We are aware of AP present in Baker's Bean, Cool Customer, and Cafe Cream at this time. We're actively working on replacing the outside ingredients with our own AP free flavorings, but that's a process that can take time. In the meantime, we'll be publishing FAQs on ingredients and process, along with some of our vendor certifications on our website so customers can make an informed choice.

If and when information changes, or we have new formulations, we'll make sure to let everyone know, we're all about being as transparent as possible, and in a lot of cases, these things take time to learn the whole scope of. Many vendors aren't forthright, or simply won't tell you what's in their products, and we choose not to work with those. That said, making a request of a vendor doesn't always guarantee we'll get a timely answer, or an honest one. We do our best to only work with good, reputable companies who understand our industry and try to accommodate what we know our customers are looking for.

Hope that answers your question, like I said, we have info coming in every day, we've had a lot of questions about this and we've been firing out a lot of requests for information and documentation to our vendors. We'll have the FAQ section live within the next couple of days and actively build it out with information as it comes in.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Review #7

Baker’s Bean – Yup, that definitely tastes like vanilla! But, my mind being what it is (weird?), asks why anyone would want to vape straight vanilla? To me, this flavor should be an additive to other flavors to enhance, or in some cases, take the sharp edge off of them. I think I will put some of this in with that harsh tobacco (from another vendor) that’s hiding at the back of the shelf and perhaps make it tolerable enough to use so Mr. Scrooge here doesn’t have to toss it out.

55_Gallon_Drummer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2015
Hartford, WI
www.vapemoar.com
Review #7

Baker’s Bean – Yup, that definitely tastes like vanilla! But, my mind being what it is (weird?), asks why anyone would want to vape straight vanilla? To me, this flavor should be an additive to other flavors to enhance, or in some cases, take the sharp edge off of them. I think I will put some of this in with that harsh tobacco (from another vendor) that’s hiding at the back of the shelf and perhaps make it tolerable enough to use so Mr. Scrooge here doesn’t have to toss it out.

Very nice. Truth be told, I really enjoy vaping vanilla, but it's really more of a winter thing for me ;) Rather than mix in the tank, I find it compliments coffee and winter foods rather nicely :) Thanks so much for the continuing reviews @Fuzzy Thunderbear, I'll collect them together and add credit to your account on the site for all of your current ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread