what a joke this email back from "Michael R. Pence" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
What a waste of time signing petitions and having messages sent to our representatives has proven to be. Below is the kind of respond I got yesterday in my email. I for one am sick and tired of this kind of bullcrap. It is clear our opinions don't even matter. I wish I lived in a country where it did. Sadly I can't afford to move out of state, let alone to another country.

STATE OF INDIANA Michael R. Pence
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Governor
State House, Second Floor
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204

Dear Mr. Wilson:

Thank you for your letter to Governor Pence. He appreciates the time you took to express your views.

House Enrolled Act 1432, Regulation of e-liquidswas passed by the Indiana General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Pence and will take effect on July 1, 2015. The 2015 Bill Watch on the governor's website has been established. All legislation that has been sent to the governor's office for consideration can be viewed at Governor Pence: 2015 Bill Watch.

Please be assured that Governor Pence monitors all legislation closely as it proceeds through the legislative process and will thoroughly review all bills that are brought to him for his signature.

Thank you for contacting Governor Pence and for being an engaged citizen.

Sincerely,

Kristen Kane

Constituent Services Representative

Office of the Governor

RESPONSE NOTICE:

Please do not respond to this e-mail. The e-mail account is not set up to accept replies. If you wish to send another message, please submit it through the Governor's website contact page at www.in.gov/gov using the Ask Mike link. Thank you.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
All you can do, James Wilson, is write back and tell Gov. Pence that come his next election he has not only lost your vote but your wife's or SO vote, your adult children's vote, extended family's votes, your friends' votes, and any other votes of people you come in contact with. You might add them up and give him a total of votes he has lost for re-election. If they can be reminded it's just not one vaper's vote, it's all the voters within that vaper's sphere of activities whether they are vapers or not. You represent and influence many voters! :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
None of our reps read their mail. They have their "people" do it with instructions to "flag" certain issues and responses. Enough emails/letters headed with "I've got 10-20-30 people NOT voting for you because......", it adds up and your rep's people might pay attention 'cause their jobs are on the line too. You don't live in a bubble even if they do.

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
I got the same canned response, but I am not surprised. No way is Pence even glancing at all the mail we have been throwing at him about this, he has lackeys to do that for him. I did go back to his page and write another long letter, for all the good it will do. I know there is a group of shop owners here in Indiana banding together to tackle the law through the proper channels, and I'm not giving up hope yet, they have a year to comply, so maybe in the meantime we can win a battle or two. I've already sent letters to the legislature before this was signed, and I will continue to until they pry my juice from my cold dead hands.

houla09

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Midwest
I've been to protests at the statehouse over the last 5-6 years. Tons of people show up, send e-mails, etc. They do what they want anyways because we have a large group that will re-elect these individuals. They are eroding the freedoms from the residents in this state, and it comes down to the $$$. Whoever has the most $$$ to lobby these people wins, or unless they really goof (RFA) then they backpeddle.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
A while ago, I wrote a bunch of notes to my representatives here in California. I wrote to both Democrats and Republicans. From the Dems, I received canned letters basically saying they were going to do what they think is right, no matter what. From the Reps, I received seemingly un-canned letters that were along the lines of "I'll be sure to look into this vaping thing, if it comes up."

After watching all this legislative banning business for like two years, it's clear to me that it makes zero difference what the vaping community thinks. As I mentioned in a different thread, I don't think anything will get better until the vaping community unites behind some sort of litigation, whether it's done pro bono, crowd-funded, or whatever. Until there's a lawsuit, we're nobody. Apparently, the only people with the cajones and money to do that is BT.

In any event, legislators and the public equate nicotine with tobacco cigarettes, and they think nicotine is a highly toxic poison that needs to be regulated, they've been convinced that all the ills of smoking tobacco are due to the nicotine (the recent Indiana bill bears witness to this line of thought). Nobody is willing to think outside of the box because they are constantly bombarded with shoddy journalism (which is not limited to just vaping). Everywhere, I see people talking about various topics as though they're experts, when in fact, they have no idea what they're talking about.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I got the same email. Thought it typical "do not reply to this email". He won the 2012 election by less than 4% over the Democrat "Gregg". Perhaps we are barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps we should pay our attention to the Democrat in the 2016 election. Convince him to add to his platform the Ecig Issue along with the the Religious Freedom Act. Convince him Vapers and Gays will show up in mass along with all our family and friends. Pence is a slim bag and the only thing he deserves is to NOT win the next election.

Reactions: drksideken

drksideken

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Syracuse, IN, USA
I got the same email. Thought it typical "do not reply to this email". He won the 2012 election by less than 4% over the Democrat "Gregg". Perhaps we are barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps we should pay our attention to the Democrat in the 2016 election. Convince him to add to his platform the Ecig Issue along with the the Religious Freedom Act. Convince him Vapers and Gays will show up in mass along with all our family and friends. Pence is a slim bag and the only thing he deserves is to NOT win the next election.

He'll not be getting my vote. He'll not be getting my wifes vote. He'll not be getting my immediate families vote, my extended families votes, my friends votes or my pets votes. The only thing I think those sacks of crap deserve that voted for this lame arsed crap is an incurable disease caused by second hand smoke from actual cigs. You know, something they could have prevented if they had not bet smacktards.

Reactions: DrMA

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I heard today some car dealer is going to run for governor as a republican, so the primary season could be interesting. He thinks Pence should fade away.
You can bet Pence is still hoping for a VP invite.
We need to turn our attention to Gregg, Tallian and maybe Ritz. If we make this an issue, they will have to respond. Otherwise it will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread