What are the most common complaints about the ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreekLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
United States
If Provape catered to every single vaper out there and gave them what most think they want we'd have another version of the Evic on our hands.

Thats also a fact and from where Im sitting that isnt turning so well. I just saw a facebook pic of one with the head completely snapped off.

Not trying to start an argument here just trying to point out what I think should be obvious.

I haven't held a higher quality apv than a ProVari, and durability is very important to me. On the other hand, a good point was made that in x months or y years the next best thing will be out anyways. I will probably most likely make the change if it really is a step above, but I don't know where vaping can/will go from here. Do we really want our apvs to make popcorn and play NPR in a year?

GreekLion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
United States
That exactly the point. NO company can cater to every person needs. So the cons of the Provari can only be the things it either does not do or does not do well. The Provari does everything it does well, so that only leaves what it doesn't do.

So if your one of the people who wants something the Provari can't provide ... best look elsewhere. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with a Provari. It does everything it states it does exceptionally well.

One issue was raised that ProVape lacked innovation, but from what you've said it sounds like its the right idea: they found their niche with a good product and are sticking to it for the time being.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
That exactly the point. NO company can cater to every person needs. So the cons of the Provari can only be the things it either does not do or does not do well. The Provari does everything it does well, so that only leaves what it doesn't do.

So if your one of the people who wants something the Provari can't provide ... best look elsewhere. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with a Provari. It does everything it states it does exceptionally well.

never thought i would ever agree with you on anything ,,you surprise me grass hoppa

also i doubt provape will ever enter the VW market,not with the provari anyway
and if they did,,i'd expect a lot of [evic,zmax,vamo etc etc]fanboi flaming ...

Last edited:

Sisq0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Varna, Bulgaria
I'm far from a fanboy, but here are my two cents. ProVari offers no bells and whistles - this is indeed correct, however some of you miss one cruicial point. ProVari provides whatever you set. EXACTLY! I'm yet to see another VV (or VW) mod that will give you 4.2V if you set 4.2V, 5.4V if you set 5.4V etc. Neither the VAMO, nor the Lavatube will give you correct voltage - it will be either higher or lower than what you set. And that's the big plus of ProVari! I could care less for an OLED screen or the VW function.
My only complaint will be the circuit board not fitted in the best way possible in the tube... aaaand that's about all I could think of.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Thank you for everyone's posts. I'm considering on getting a provari. It's that or a mechanical with a kick. Im afraid the eVic is still new and the vamo may be inconsistent with the volts.
Like other folks have said, what is feeding you the vape, not just the power. Im not a carto or carto tank person. I stick with dripping and/or RBAs

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I'm far from a fanboy, but here are my two cents. ProVari offers no bells and whistles - this is indeed correct, however some of you miss one cruicial point. ProVari provides whatever you set. EXACTLY! I'm yet to see another VV (or VW) mod that will give you 4.2V if you set 4.2V, 5.4V if you set 5.4V etc. Neither the VAMO, nor the Lavatube will give you correct voltage - it will be either higher or lower than what you set. And that's the big plus of ProVari! I could care less for an OLED screen or the VW function.
My only complaint will be the circuit board not fitted in the best way possible in the tube... aaaand that's about all I could think of.
actually any RMS regulated device will give you exactly the vape you set it at within ±5%, as good as you can expect from the provari and as good as makes absolutely no difference.
also to the poster that saif the provari is "mil spec", i'd love to see the documents. the provari is not dust, water, or shockproof. it suffers the same weakest point as any other circuit controlled APV; the chip is mounted inside the tube. it is neither isolated or shock mounted. if you drop it wrong it will break no matter how many pounds of stainless steel you wrap around it. The plus side to all this is Provape offers a great warranty.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
THANKS!

It definitely has my attention now - at least worth consideration. MUCH appreciated!

A PBusardo Review - LAVATUBE Version 2 - YouTube
Volcano Lavatube Version 2 Review

in my opinion the zmax with RMS setting provides as consistent and reliable a vape as the provari. i dont like that it makes an almost rattlesnake like noise when it fires (this is the smok zmax. others may not. its due to the low frequency of the pwm) but if thats the price for nearly twice the battery life i will gladly pay it
edit: dont jiust take my word for it. this has been covered heavily around here especially by the vamo group and these devices really do set and keep theor voltage accurately. a quick search will find the all the data on it

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
I own a ProVari v2 & a Zmax v2. I get good vapes from both. If I use, say, a Vivi Nova on each with the same ohm & same juice they vape the same. I set the ProVari to either 4.7v or 4.8 v & the Zmax to 9.5 W, they vape the same. If someone held the device & pushed the button for me, I couldn't tell the difference, period. I love both of mine.

I expect to have them both a good long time, as they are both pretty well built. But, if something happens to my ProVari, it goes back to get fixed, the Zmax goes into the trash the same as my lavatube V1 did when it died. (I had the lavatube over a year.)

I'm an electronics technician & have been for over 40 years, I can figure watts using ohm's law. I bought the Zmax out of curiousity more than anything else. I needed to replace my backup (Lavatube.) In my opinion, they are both excellent PV's.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Button is a bit 'spongey'.
Occasionally I put it into the menu too easily by pressing the button repeatedly while not thinking about it.
and
It can get trapped between menu functions.
QUOTE]

Same here, on-side button presses can cause the switch to be intermittant and slip into the menu system. At worst, you can end up setting the voltage either too high or too low. Wondered once why I was getting E1 and E4 errors all of a sudden and found my voltage to be set at 5.8 volts. At best you are just stuck somewhere in the menu.

Also the time-out when changing voltage settings is a bit long.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Button is a bit 'spongey'.
Occasionally I put it into the menu too easily by pressing the button repeatedly while not thinking about it.
and
It can get trapped between menu functions.
QUOTE]

Same here, on-side button presses can cause the switch to be intermittant and slip into the menu system. At worst, you can end up setting the voltage either too high or too low. Wondered once why I was getting E1 and E4 errors all of a sudden and found my voltage to be set at 5.8 volts. At best you are just stuck somewhere in the menu.

Also the time-out when changing voltage settings is a bit long.

I agree that switch bounce could be remedied by a capacitor across the switch contacts to absorb the spikes generated by an intermittent switch press. The usual result of a less than sufficient switch press is that the spikes make the Provari go into menu mode and you have to wait a second for it to time out. It's one of those little things that could be fixed cheaply.

The Provari is the best and most reliable ecig I've owned and it fits right into my jeans pocket just right. I don't worry about the button being pressed because it has to bottom out to energize the circuitry. I can't remember one time that I felt heat in my pocket while sitting down with the Provari under pressure from a pair of tight jeans.

That said, mine will be going back for a circuit board re-seating. The glue drop has allowed it to move back and forth with a click each time I vape. In spite of that, it still works reliably and as advertised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread