What are the most common complaints about the ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Fugly styling on the regular V2.5 ProVari! All those squiggly lines, higgledy-piggledy all over the body. Won't take the Chinese long to start copying that anyway. Switching to the tear-drop style like the Mini would have been a better change, IMO anyway.

If I weren't currently mod rich & cash poor, I'd buy another standard satin V2 (w/ a green LED this time) IN A HEARTBEAT before they all go away. :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ohhhh! Well then, never mind. No arguments from me - I rarely use the menus anyway, other than to check my battery level. I vape consistently, for lack of a better term. It works for me.

No. Not another button. Just another menu option. Should be fairly easy to do.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I ordered a provari mini last night. I amreally new to vaping, but I really want to give up smokes, so I have read a lot about mods in the past 2 weeks. My biggest complaint against most models is that the length is not listed. I can't comment on how different mods work, so far I have tried ego's and 510's (I can't wait to try VV). For me two things were important, warranty/service which by reviews the provari is excellent, and size. The length is important to me, I have very small hands (yes I am a woman) and for work, I need something that can be tucked away. I have had a hard time finding that info on a lot of sites.

I really wanted a VW, the reviews make that sound awesome. I just couldn't find a VW that had the warranty, positive reviews and size that worked for me. Soooo....all this rambling is to say that I ( a newbie) would complain about provari not having VW. I am not even sure if that is something I need/want, but a lot of people make it sound great.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
I ordered a provari mini last night. I amreally new to vaping, but I really want to give up smokes, so I have read a lot about mods in the past 2 weeks. My biggest complaint against most models is that the length is not listed. I can't comment on how different mods work, so far I have tried ego's and 510's (I can't wait to try VV). For me two things were important, warranty/service which by reviews the provari is excellent, and size. The length is important to me, I have very small hands (yes I am a woman) and for work, I need something that can be tucked away. I have had a hard time finding that info on a lot of sites.

I really wanted a VW, the reviews make that sound awesome. I just couldn't find a VW that had the warranty, positive reviews and size that worked for me. Soooo....all this rambling is to say that I ( a newbie) would complain about provari not having VW. I am not even sure if that is something I need/want, but a lot of people make it sound great.

I bought a Vamo recently because of all the hype about VW, I found it to be no better than VV in my use.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Congratulations! I think you will be fine! I have a mini myself, hope to get another someday in the future, and I'm a "manly man!" but I wanted something pocket able, I don't regret my decision at all! It's a great size, about the same length as an EGO, but twice the size around. It's a LOT smaller than you think, and when you open the package, you will be surprised for sure! But it's a bit heavier than you expect.
I'm averaging around 6 hrs out of a battery, nothing I'm going to complain about at all!
As for VW, I've concluded it's for "lazy people". I've yet to go from juice to juice, and delivery system to delivery system and have it be the same every time. Some people think it is, I'm not one.
The general rule of thumb, take the resistance (ohms) of what you want to run and add 2 to it. 2ohm atty, add 2 and you get 4v, easy enough. This keeps you right in the 8watts that most people like, and you can adjust up or down to find your sweet spot from there.
Yes, it's really that easy! I've yet to figure out what all the fuss is with VW,but some people can't seem to live without it?

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Thanks, the only thing that had me questioning my decision was VW. The size comparison helps me picture it in my head, I am so excited for it to get here! The egos are ok when first charged, but seem to drop quickly with each vape. Sawlight, thanks for the help. Right now I have CE4's ( I think about 2.4). I have ordered kanger T3's with a couple different coils, and adapters. Thanks again, this site has been so helpful!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The size comparison helps me picture it in my head

Does this help?

Mini Provari 2.jpg Mini Provari v2.jpg

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
though these $40 mods can do variable wattage and have crazy screens and flashy this and that. has anyone looked at the review of the guy who's an electrician and got mud in his provari while he had it in his tool box/on his belt over an 8 hour rainy day while in a ditch? he said he and his provari were covered in mud and it still worked flawlessly. id love to see a vamo or zmax or anyvape or any other vv MOD do that. id say biggest complaints are: people don't have one, the price. other than that its still the most durable, reliable and proven APV and that's why I had to have one. but yeah cost and access id say is complaints for most

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
The paint is thinning on the edges of the 'troughs' (or whatever they maybe appropriately called) on my Satin Black V2. Its usually got its own pocket, and I received it November 19th. Only been dropped twice on to carpet. Other than that pretty much have babied it.

Its not bad, you have to look at it relatively closely to notice, but its happening.

Fugly styling on the regular V2.5 ProVari! All those squiggly lines, higgledy-piggledy all over the body. Won't take the Chinese long to start copying that anyway. Switching to the tear-drop style like the Mini would have been a better change, IMO anyway.

If I weren't currently mod rich & cash poor, I'd buy another standard satin V2 (w/ a green LED this time) IN A HEARTBEAT before they all go away. :(

Pretty certain I read the original styling isn't going any where. All that V2.5 did was give us more options.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
though these $40 mods can do variable wattage and have crazy screens and flashy this and that. has anyone looked at the review of the guy who's an electrician and got mud in his provari while he had it in his tool box/on his belt over an 8 hour rainy day while in a ditch? he said he and his provari were covered in mud and it still worked flawlessly. id love to see a vamo or zmax or anyvape or any other vv MOD do that. id say biggest complaints are: people don't have one, the price. other than that its still the most durable, reliable and proven APV and that's why I had to have one. but yeah cost and access id say is complaints for most
Recent stories of a guy who left his in a pants pocket that went through the laundry. Ruined the battery, but the Provari lived. Another guy dropped his in the swimming pool, no problem.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Pretty certain I read the original styling isn't going any where. All that V2.5 did was give us more options.

I read the same from MonsterKenny, a Provape rep that posts on the Provari supplier's forum. However, there's no sign of an option to purchase the 2.0 version from the main ordering page. They are all v2.5.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Recent stories of a guy who left his in a pants pocket that went through the laundry. Ruined the battery, but the Provari lived. Another guy dropped his in the swimming pool, no problem.

Not to create a pissing match, BUT.
The Provari worked fine, the poster opted to trash the battery. We've no real idea if the battery survived or not. I've run several flashlights, several times, through the washing machine (better quality lights mind you) and the light as well as battery came out fine.
Either way, it's impressive it can take that abuse!

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I read the same from MonsterKenny, a Provape rep that posts on the Provari supplier's forum. However, there's no sign of an option to purchase the 2.0 version from the main ordering page. They are all v2.5.

Hmm maybe they'll just keep them in clearance? In there they specify V2.0 in the Item Title.

I would rather pay less for the old design :D

Though I'm not too keen on the new design, its not that horrible. It would give me an excuse to order a wrap. IMO the original design doesn't need one, so I've put it out of my mind.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Some of the goods and bads that I can remember, mixed into a review for those looking at Provaris.

I have no true complaints about my Provari. Nothing that I would want to shout on the rooftops.
But there are quirks that disappoint me. I will present them, but please do not attack me.
One, the logo on the satin silver model Provari is known to fade/degrade over time.
Mine began to lose spots within the 1st week I owned it. I did try my best to not get juice on it or rub it.
Unfortunately at this point in time my logo is half there, half faded. This is just a small disappointment.
I suggest if you get the satin model, & you care about the logo, cover it in clear tape, or get a mod sleeve/cover.
Nice leather sleeves can be bought at SerenityGear.com, and covers can be found at Jwraps.com

Next, the menu. I like the 1 button interface a lot and I get through it extremely quickly. Not hard to learn.
Many have poked fun at the 1 button scrolling but I see no real problems with it at all. I like it.
There is 1 part about the menu that disappoints me. MY menu freezes pretty frequently.
It does not freeze when scrolling through menu, but when in a menu item, mine does freeze.
Once in voltage up or voltage down, it stops at a certain voltage and if I press the button again it does go up 1.
This can be frustrating,
but once you learn to watch for the freezing, your instance of going past your setting lessens.

The price, for me, was a bit steep. Once in hand, I cannot complain. Its the best mod I've ever owned.
There are other products for the Provari & on the Provape website that I do find genuinely steep in price imo.
But the mod is a block of steel. The construction is so dense that it gets freezing cold in a cool room.
I have dropped it, hanging from my mouth, directly onto a real tile floor, and it did not get a scratch.
I have abused the outer anodizing by putting it in my pocket with keys, other mods, etc..
It hasn't gotten a scratch on the body of the tube once since I received it which never stops amazing me.

The design is fantastic in my opinion & I like the mini's teardrop grip to be both pleasing + functional.
The body isn't slipper and it is very scratch resistant. It is heavy enough to easily bop field mice on the head.
The drip well at the top of the mod is deep enough to catch your over drip...
and shallow enough for some of it suck back into the atomizer's air holes.
Its quite the mod in my opinion and if I could afford it, I wouldn't hesitate getting a 2nd one.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Only disappointment for me is the logo. I got mine for Christmas and already the logo is half worn off. I take very good care of it. Never take it out of the house either. Not a big deal, I know. That's all I have

All I have too except for a 900mah passthrough,also thinking of picking up a mechanical mod that takes 18650s for a backup that will likely never see the light of day.

Aside from the caution about always having backup you really dont need anything else other than a Provari.

Seems the ones who hate them the most are the cheapskate collectors who take it as a personal affront whenever someone calls their PV's crap in comparison.

A wise man picks quality over quantity any day of the week. I think a good analogy for this is having a really hot and loving wife that you cant wait to come to every single day versus being a bachelor and dating a string of women that youre not very satisfied with. Outwardly you brag to your friends about your conquests but realize deep down youre just being shallow and missing out on the nicer things in life.

I think thats where all the resentment comes from :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread