What are the most common complaints about the ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
The one plus I can offer for VW (at least in my case) is when you have multiple gennys and swap them often. Also, when the coil's resistance goes up a bit as it 'seasons', and when it drops as crud collects... as long as the resistance is over 1.2Ω, the Vamo takes it in stride. Screw it down & vape away. :) My dos centavos. :)

I bought a Vamo recently because of all the hype about VW, I found it to be no better than VV in my use.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
I too had a Vamo (for one day) played with it, was not impressed and actually prefer VV over VW, i have a Provari said to arrive today, and with the Vamo going in the mail, another Provari will be on order. I just don't want a Chinese mod and always be on my toes wondering if, more like when it's going to crap out on me. Reliability and accuracy is why I chose a Provari, not bells and whistles, because the more of those it has, the more areas it can fail.

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
Almost a provari mini owner. My only complaint is that I have ordered mine, and have to wait till this Tuesday to get it in the mail. However, Provape.com shipped my order the same day, so I have no room to complain about waiting till Tuesday. Can't wait to fiddle with it and learn more about VV and the Provari features.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, Since I haven't had a chance to read through all of the posts yet.

But

It sure would be nice if Provari would make the SS Endcap bases for the extended batteries... This way My Provari will be a little more stable when standing on end.....

jkh8hg.jpg

I may have to see if a Metal Fabricator friend can make one up for me.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You know, after having a day to think about it, I do have ONE complaint. Not the Provari itself, but the extension cap: the base of the cap is not as wide as the standard cap and this makes it more prone to falling over. There, I found something to complain about; I feel better :)

I second that observation. I touch mine and knock it over on the table occasionally. When it falls, it goes THWACK! and scares everyone at the table. I've thought about putting a thick o-ring up at the top end so that it falls more silently. It needs training wheels.

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I second that observation. I touch mine and knock it over on the table occasionally. When it falls, it goes THWACK! and scares everyone at the table. I've thought about putting a thick o-ring up at the top end so that it falls more silently. It needs training wheels.

I've wondered why they didn't just make an extension ring, (so we could just add the original battery cap) to the bottom? hmm.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've kinda grown fond of the THWACK! :oops:

My dog, on the other hand...

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
My only complaint is I ordered yesterday, and not here yet (lol). I did my research, and yes the price is on the high side, but you get what you pay for. I have a YJ2.0 a little over 2 months old and just out of warranty, broken center pin. I don't know what the hype is about vw. If you understand ohms law, you don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread