What are the top mechanical mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Being as they have sold more mechanical PV's than all others combined, I would have to say the REO is still #1.

P1000658_zpsab2dbb86.jpg

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2013
    Walnut, CA
    Being as they have sold more mechanical PV's than all others combined, I would have to say the REO is still #1.

P1000658_zpsab2dbb86.jpg

Or it can mean that they are more readily available. But I do like the REO and plan to buy one eventually, I have other items on my to buy list. This hobby is getting expensive.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Wow...depends on what you want. From what I've seen on this forum I would say the most wanted top 3 are:

1. Caravela
    2. Chi You
    3. iHybrid

I really want a Juggernaut, JM22, and am excited to see the Orion v3.

I've always wondered if these are kept in such short supply for the purpose of increasing the desire to own one. It's human nature to want what you cannot have.

peacepipe

ECF Veteran
    Mar 9, 2012
    chicago
    The Reo mini is nice, but the solderless/wireless design AKA mechanical mod at that form factor is weak. I was willing to spend 50 bucks for one 14500 battery to make that work as good as a plastic wired box mod. (I carried four top of the line AW's)

I bought a Reo mini two years ago and told everyone it was the greatest thing ever. Meanwhile I'm carrying a plain old fashion ego battery in my pocket so when I flooded the atty I unscrewed it from the reo and placed on the ego and vaped the over-pumped juice off.

Didn't take long to simply cut out the Reo and drip again.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The Reo mini is nice, but the solderless/wireless design AKA mechanical mod at that form factor is weak. I was willing to spend 50 bucks for one 14500 battery to make that work as good as a plastic wired box mod. (I carried four top of the line AW's)

I bought a Reo mini two years ago and told everyone it was the greatest thing ever. Meanwhile I'm carrying a plain old fashion ego battery in my pocket so when I flooded the atty I unscrewed it from the reo and placed on the ego and vaped the over-pumped juice off.

Didn't take long to simply cut out the Reo and drip again.

That problem went away with the V2 mini. (18500 instead of the 14500)

Kahuna

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    San Francisco
    how about starter mechanical mods? I was looking at bolt, silverbullet, K100, KTS, The nartural, ccts? any recommendations? Wanted to get the Chi You or Caravela but they are hard to get atm.

the rebuildable telescope (v2 of the SMOK telescope) mech mod at madvapes. It's around 50 bucks, all stainless steel, uses whatever battery you have, bottom button if you are a genny user, complete disassembly (even the head) for cleaning ease, adjustable center pin, and durable construction.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2013
    Woodstock Ga
    Wow...depends on what you want. From what I've seen on this forum I would say the most wanted top 3 are:

1. Caravela
    2. Chi You
    3. iHybrid

I really want a Juggernaut, JM22, and am excited to see the Orion v3.

I agree these are at the top but you have to put the Zenisis right there with those ...as far as desirability..i would agree the Caravala is top simply because they are not made anymore and wont ever be made again. The Chi is rarely released like the Ihybrid...they are tuff to acquire unless you can drop 400-600 bucks...even then most folks want to trade...the BAM is also hard to come by..

but as far as "Best" in terms of function I would say all the top shelf hybrids and mechs pretty much hit hard and are very similar in performance.

as far as batt tubes in no particular order other than the Zen is my personal favorite these are IMHO the best of the best

Zenisis TI
    Zenisis Standard SS
    Poldiac ( love the steam punk look of these and just missed one transferring money to paypal)
    Chi
    Caravala
    I hy
    Juggy
    GG

what makes these things so great outside of the market driven lust for things that are rare is the handmade aspect altho i do believe that the rarity is by design to drive up the price...or at least make it more palatable to spend 250.00-500.00 on one

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread