Not open for further replies.

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
The copper moneypenny will do if you want a no frills hard hitter and you can get it steampunked too.
mp.jpg

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Cant believe I bought a Provari the other day. Yes I like it but I get a better vape from my Natural Mechanical mod. Im just sayin . Im getting an AFPV soon cant wait.

I look at it like this, my provari gets a good vape out of damn near anything I put on it that isn't junk. My mechs need something much more specific but if it's the right thing, it's mind blowing.

This is why my provari isn't going anywhere.

Railrust

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
I look at it like this, my provari gets a good vape out of damn near anything I put on it that isn't junk. My mechs need something much more specific but if it's the right thing, it's mind blowing.

This is why my provari isn't going anywhere.

I hear ya Fury...I just didnt want to be a fan boy of Provari...I love it however...very nice! I get my best vape on my Natural because of my RBA im sure.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
In a few months we will be seeing the first ever regulated/mechanical hybrids. Should be pretty interesting. If you want regulated you just keep the DNA20 module in ... if you want a pure mechanical ... you just take out the DNA module. Saweeeet!

Isn't that what the Kick already does? I haven't read up too much on the dna module yet.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
A mechanical mod with a DNA20 is physically impossible....

The DNA requires a fire button.
Easy enough, put one in the attachable module.
This means that the Mods original fire button is required to be constantly on Or completely replaced.

In "mechanical mode" i wouldnt want a button that could accidentally be locked in the ON position.

and if you use two seperate switch mechanisms, then it no longer is a mech./VW hybrid... Its just two mods with different firing buttons that share the same tube....

If i am required to keep a bag full of parts in a drawer, i would rather just have two separate mods.... one Mech. and one VW.

Just my thoughts..... :glare:

NOW if they were able to beef up the Kick to safely handle 0.8ohms @ 4.2V then we would have a winner in the mech world.

Last edited:

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
A mechanical mod with a DNA20 is physically impossible....

The DNA requires a fire button.
Easy enough, put one in the attachable module.
This means that the Mods original fire button is required to be constantly on Or completely replaced.

In "mechanical mode" i wouldnt want a button that could accidentally be locked in the ON position.

and if you use two seperate switch mechanisms, then it no longer is a mech./VW hybrid... Its just two mods with different firing buttons that share the same tube....

If i am required to keep a bag full of parts in a drawer, i would rather just have two separate mods.... one Mech. and one VW.

Just my thoughts..... :glare:

NOW if they were able to beef up the Kick to safely handle 0.8ohms @ 4.2V then we would have a winner in the mech world.

Actually, if the module designed specifically for mech mods, the switch pins on the board could be shorted or use a latching switch on the module itself.
That way the mods bottom switch could still be used.
It would still be a PIA to have to hold down the mech switch to make adjustments or verify settings.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
but that's the thing.... if you short out the on-board switch, it will be off and non adjustable....

it has to be firing an atty to make any adjustments to it.... and i don't even think you can adjust the setting while you are simultaneously firing an atty....

the only way i see it working, is a side fire button on the module, with either a mechanical button that locks into the on position, or spare parts to eliminate the mechanical button.

im assuming this mod will be a top/side button with a 510 connector.
that can be removed from the tube; and replaced with a DNA20 module with a side firing button, and a window for the screen.

either way i see it, its just two mods that share a battery tube.....
Silver bullet, transforms into a Provari.

If im wrong, then i will keep my mouth shut :?:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I'm not saying that having two mods, a mechanical & a VW that look the same wouldnt be cool.
But you still cant fire an 0.8ohm atty on a DNA20....

2 different setups, for two different applications. May as well just release it as two PVs with interchangeable battery tubes of different lengths.

Now that would still be somewhat interesting.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
but that's the thing.... if you short out the on-board switch, it will be off and non adjustable....

it has to be firing an atty to make any adjustments to it.... and i don't even think you can adjust the setting while you are simultaneously firing an atty....
Short it so that it's in the "on" position...
The better option would be to use a latching switch.

the only way i see it working, is a side fire button on the module, with either a mechanical button that locks into the on position, or spare parts to eliminate the mechanical button.

im assuming this mod will be a top/side button with a 510 connector.
that can be removed from the tube; and replaced with a DNA20 module with a side firing button, and a window for the screen.

either way i see it, its just two mods that share a battery tube.....
Silver bullet, transforms into a Provari.

If im wrong, then i will keep my mouth shut :?:

Unless Evolve is re-releasing the DNA in a different form factor, I don't it working as anything other than a screw on module... Kinda like the Kicklet from Super-T.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Short it so that it's in the "on" position...
That's what i meant. :)
Unless Evolve is re-releasing the DNA in a different form factor, I don't it working as anything other than a screw on module... Kinda like the Kicklet from Super-T.
But the problem i see, is that the board would be off unless you activated the mod. Making adjustments impossible.

I just cant envision how the DNA20 can be used in the same way as the Kick.

Ah well... i guess we just have to wait for this new mod to come out. I'll stick to my REDDS :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread