What are you looking for in a version 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I agree with having the ego threading. For me that it would be it too. I have no desire for wattage or puff counters. I love the simplicity of the Provari as well as the construction. I thought I would have trouble with the one button design but I actually like it! I normally just set mine at 4 volts and just leave it there.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
3 things would make me the happiest guy on earth:

1) flat top design
2) adjustable 510 connection to let all tanks sit flush
3) higher amp limits for decent vapes on double coils

If all these happen, I honestly cannot see any reasons to ever buy any other mods ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
No thanks on changing the threading so you have to use adapters for 510 topper's... have way too many 510's (and I don't use my Kanger crap on them).
I have all the flat tops I need in the mech's and VV/VW thank you... I like the ProVari's being different. And I like the same diameter or smaller toppers designed with them in mind. Doesn't bother me to use a pro ring for the flat bottom toppers. I don't have draw problems with any of the setups I use on my ProVari's.
Definantly loose the crop circles on the standards (but I doubt they'd go back to the simple verticle lines design of yesteryear that I like way better). I'm OK with the drops on the mini's. If they do come up with different embedded designs, make them simple... less is more.
To me their colors are all shades of mundane (except for the Zombie), and I've already got all the basic black, browns, silver colored ProVari's I need. So would like to see some bold colors that really stand out, have pizzazz without being obnoxious. Solid colors, blends that don't look like the afterthought of the hybrids, maybe "wrap" type paint jobs without the negatives of wraps, and all with a secure feel (not slippery like the polished).
Don't need VW, anymore buttons, for it to recharge my cell phone, tell me what time it is, etc. A puff counter? Not on my ProVari's. Just stay with the business at hand and continue to do it well year after year after year after....... like they have.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
My wishlist for V3:
- VW
- Shorter (I think the ZNA is going the right direction)
- Type III HA, Type II for colors
- IP67 or at least IPX-8 Waterproofing
- Clicky button
- Integrated AFC in top cap
- Display closer to the window so it's viewable at angles.
- More info on the display. Getting so used to seeing the all the info on the DNA screens. I find myself wishing for at least the impedance without having to click 11 times.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
No thanks on changing the threading so you have to use adapters for 510 topper's... have way too many 510's (and I don't use my Kanger crap on them).
I have all the flat tops I need in the mech's and VV/VW thank you... I like the ProVari's being different. And I like the same diameter or smaller toppers designed with them in mind. Doesn't bother me to use a pro ring for the flat bottom toppers. I don't have draw problems with any of the setups I use on my ProVari's.
Definantly loose the crop circles on the standards (but I doubt they'd go back to the simple verticle lines design of yesteryear that I like way better). I'm OK with the drops on the mini's. If they do come up with different embedded designs, make them simple... less is more.
To me their colors are all shades of mundane (except for the Zombie), and I've already got all the basic black, browns, silver colored ProVari's I need. So would like to see some bold colors that really stand out, have pizzazz without being obnoxious. Solid colors, blends that don't look like the afterthought of the hybrids, maybe "wrap" type paint jobs without the negatives of wraps, and all with a secure feel (not slippery like the polished).
Don't need VW, anymore buttons, for it to recharge my cell phone, tell me what time it is, etc. A puff counter? Not on my ProVari's. Just stay with the business at hand and continue to do it well year after year after year after....... like they have.

Different threading, a puff counter or VW is a 100% deal killer for me. I would maybe try to pick up another Stealth 2.5 & be done with the brand. I'm not into flashy colors, so I'm cool with the current offerings, but a darker orange would be pretty cool. Getting rid of the crop circles would be awesome, but instead of reverting back to the 2.0 lines, something new would be much better (potentially).

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
No thanks on changing the threading so you have to use adapters for 510 topper's...

I think you misunderstood.. nobody's saying to get rid of the 510 (though arguably it's an outdated threading from a time back when only cartos were around, & have a fundamental flaw when used in conjunction with today's larger/heavier toppers)...

I have a $50 Chinese-made mod which accepts all my tanks, and also includes a removable ring for even more access & compatibility.. My ProVari? I need a 510-to-510 adapter to fit two, and a third which needs to be loosened so it can get enough airflow... all 3 toppers came out in the past year or more

Sort of expect a little more from a $150-$215 PV in that department.. I understand things can change fast, but an update is long overdue at this point to keep up with an ever-advancing industry

I appreciate ProVape wanting to make sure everything's good before any launch, and I'm sure a version 3 will be a welcome change, hopefully knocking the socks off both existing & potential ProVari owners...

And would I get another V2.5, despite my biggest/only real gripe? In a heartbeat.. But I'm going to try to hold off for the inevitable V3... :)

P.S. Keep the crop circles!

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
I think you misunderstood.. nobody's saying to get rid of the 510 (though arguably it's an outdated threading from a time back when only cartos were around, & have a fundamental flaw when used in conjunction with today's larger/heavier toppers)...

I have a $50 Chinese-made mod which accepts all my tanks, and also includes a removable ring for even more access & compatibility.. My ProVari? I need a 510-to-510 adapter to fit two, and a third which needs to be loosened so it can get enough airflow... all 3 toppers came out in the past year or more

Sort of expect a little more from a $150-$215 PV in that department.. I understand things can change fast, but an update is long overdue at this point to keep up with an ever-advancing industry

I appreciate ProVape wanting to make sure everything's good before any launch, and I'm sure a version 3 will be a welcome change, hopefully knocking the socks off both existing & potential ProVari owners...

And would I get another V2.5, despite my biggest/only real gripe? In a heartbeat.. But I'm going to try to hold off for the inevitable V3... :)

P.S. Keep the crop circles!

Which tanks?

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Which tanks?

All 3 are from Innokin, and all 3 have no issues with the $50 China PV

I'm in a topper search / experimentation phase, anyway.. but in the meantime, still frustrating...

P.S. Forgot to add: I also want to see a $50 reduction in the ProVari V3 price-tag -- without sacrificing anything.. What are the odds of that happening? :D

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I'm pretty happy with mine the way they are. Maybe an option for one without crop circles or any other design, more colors, and the ability to handle slightly lower resistances (not that I'm not happy at 1.1-1.2).

Yeah, that's about it. Don't care about VW (I can do math, yo), don't need a puff counter (mine would just roll over with the amount I vape), don't mind the top since I have toppers that fit well and beauty rings for those that don't. Don't have anything that's not 510 threading.

Wait, I thought of one thing. In the menu, I would remove the extra button click between options. Just one button to cycle through them one at a time with no -- in between. That wouldn't be enough for me to upgrade to a new version, but I would like that.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I need one that does my laundry. I keep ordering new clothes online to keep from having to do it myself....lol

Mind you, these are cheap clothes because i rarely leave the house these days.

You already have the surgical attachment don't you? I was going to suggest that. We all know how the lawnmower attachment failed. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread