What are you looking for in a version 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
Yes. A version three is imminent. Expect more details in late 2015.

*scream* ...................

1) higher amp limit
2) Provari brand beauty rings to make a flat top. It would be nice if they did not fall off when you take your tank/atomizer off the top.
3) crop circles are OK, but the raindrops on the mini are much better looking
4) get rid of the slick finish I have on my red Provari. The finish of my blue Provari is not slick, and holds better in my hand
5) adjustable center pin for the 510 connection

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Hmmm.. a flat top would be nice, with grooves for air channels. But I already have provari cones for all of them so that isn't a big deal.. would be nice if Provape actually sold a ring for it without us having to hunt them down.

Upping the amp and wattage limit would be nice also.. at least a 20 watt and 5 amp limit.

But really, all in all... I love mine just the way they are. If I build my coils 1.2 or 1.32Ω I can get right up to the 15 watt limit without going over the 3.5 amp limit.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler

I agree, as long as provape is still selling an upgrade for the ego, I see no major changes. There will be no performance upgrades as long as there are sales on the current model. They have waited to long, their next upgrade would either have to include a DNA chip or something better.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

That was totally tongue in cheek. Next time I'll put one of these at the end, ":p".

A lot of people really don't understand how ProVape and the ProVari have gained both a reputation and a following, and why neither are destined for obsolescence.
Allow me to demonstrate how this works.

Exhibit A, Generic Chinese APV:

Our product is beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. It's more durable than our last version and has more features, it also costs less than a ProVari, would you like to buy one?

Exhibit B, ProVape's ProVari:

We believe APV's should put out a good vape and not break. We believe the ProVari is the most reliable, durable, and consistent APV made. It's beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly, would you like to buy one?

ProVari owners buy into ProVape's core philosophy that an APV should be "military grade." It should work reliably and not break...and on the rare occasions when it does break, you should be able to fix it. ProVari owners tend to share ProVape's belief system. Look at the other APV's that ProVari owners tend to gravitate towards. REO's, Semovar's, and other durable and well built mods.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
A lot of people just don't like the look of the crop circles, nothing more than that.

Thinking about it more, I don't think there's going to be a higher amp limit. The Mini is already pushing the 18350 battery close to it's limit. Not that I really care, I don't need it at all - I'm not even close to the current limitations.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hummmm...honestly I can't think of anything I'd change about my Provari or anything I'd like to see in a new one, though I'm sure I'd be willing to buy a V3 if & when they come out with one. I use mechs to vape any builds that are too low for my Provari & I'm quite alright with that personally. I'm pretty happy with mines just the way they are. I don't have much of a problem with the crop circles on my red & purple V2.5's. I certainly prefer the circles to the lines on my satin V2. The only thing I'd hoped for after getting my first one was that they'd make a red one & they eventually did so I'm a happy vaper:vapor:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Glenmorangie 18. Is that wrong?

Very. I just finished a bottle of Glenmorangie Madeira Finish 12, and I have to say, I prefer the Glenmorangie La Santa 12 better. There's just something about being finished in Sherry casks that give it a very nice taste.

I recommend vaping the Dimple Pinch, or some other blended Whisky. At least you weren't vaping the Glenmorangie 21 year old. :p

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Very. I just finished a bottle of Glenmorangie Madeira Finish 12, and I have to say, I prefer the Glenmorangie La Santa 12 better. There's just something about being finished in Sherry casks that give it a very nice taste.

I recommend vaping the Dimple Pinch, or some other blended Whisky. At least you weren't vaping the Glenmorangie 21 year old. :p

There's just something about a scotch that's old enough to drink itself... :D

destinkarette

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Orange Grove, Texas
:offtopic:
You guys know that OLED dies when juice (or any other liquid) hits it right? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that of all the DNA20 device failures I've read about, 80% were e-liquid related, and of those, 50% involved the screen dying. OLED is not reliable enough for me to want it in an APV.

1.jpg

Now if only they could shoehorn Nixie tubes in there, that would be the coolest thing ever. :D
If they somehow managed to fit nixies in the thing I'd STAY broke!:drool:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
* Titanium w/ gunmetal Zenkote from top to bottom, including extension rings, Tatroe base, and beauty ring

* .5 ohm limit

* 30 watt limit

* 26650 version (26350 would be cool, too)

* adjustable bottom cap for Sony flat tops

The pin on the circuit board is recessed to prevent use of flat top batteries. It's part of the reverse battery protection. You should wish for button top Sony batteries instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread