What are you looking for in a version 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Is there a V3 coming soon that anyone knows of? I'm looking forward to getting one and joining the Provarinati however I would hate to dump that kind of dough only to have a new one come out within a few weeks. Unless, of course, there was a huge clearance sale on the current version.
There is no version 3 coming soon.
However, if there was, you will most likely be able to send your old ProVari in for the version 3 upgrade. The V1 ProVari can be sent in for the V2 upgrade for $20.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Is there a V3 coming soon that anyone knows of? I'm looking forward to gatting one and joining the Provarinati however I would hate to dump that kind of dough only to have a new one come out within a few weeks. Unless, of course, there was a huge clearance sale on the current version.

The longer you wait, the greater the odds of a V3 coming out within a few weeks.. ;)

I had the same concern when I ordered mine in January.. still no V3, and I'm glad I didn't wait around!

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
I'm surprised at the number of people who have said they do NOT want Variable Wattage added to the Provari! I can't help but think that these folks don't understand what VW is and why its so beneficial...

It's really no difference in what they are doing today, especially for those that replied saying "I just set the Provari to 4volts and leave it there". THAT is the greatness of VW!!! Set the wattage to what you want and let the device handle the voltage change whenever you screw on another atty with lower\higher resistance. Set it and forget it...

For the life of me, I cannot imagine Provape releasing another Provari version without it having Variable Wattage. It is now a requirement for any regulated device!

:vapor:

SamNapolitanke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Tempe, AZ
3 things would make me the happiest guy on earth:

1) flat top design
2) adjustable 510 connection to let all tanks sit flush
3) higher amp limits for decent vapes on double coils

If all these happen, I honestly cannot see any reasons to ever buy any other mods ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS and double this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Personally I just want some adjustments to the appearance. It'd be nice to not see the processor chip behind the LED display, and it'd be nice to have some sort of seal off from the processor chip when you open up your battery tube. It'd be a bit more comforting knowing the chip was contained in solid stainless steel rather than being so vulnerable.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Set it and forget it is a myth. I really think those who rely on VW just aren't getting as good a vape as they could. Nothing is constant with my vaping, so VW would be useless to me. My juices are different, temperatures change as does pressure in tanks. I screw in a tank, take a puff, adjust accordingly. No rocket science there; only taste is involved.

Brandon_4078

Feb 7, 2014
Central Wisconsin
3 things would make me the happiest guy on earth:

1) flat top design
2) adjustable 510 connection to let all tanks sit flush
3) higher amp limits for decent vapes on double coils

If all these happen, I honestly cannot see any reasons to ever buy any other mods ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree!!! The only things I would add are put the short circuit protection at .5 ohms and no max wattage override (6 volts at 2 ohm = 18 watts and is under the 3.5 amp max but it won't let me fire until I back the voltage down to 5.5-5.4 volts = 15 watts).

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Personally I just want some adjustments to the appearance. It'd be nice to not see the processor chip behind the LED display, and it'd be nice to have some sort of seal off from the processor chip when you open up your battery tube. It'd be a bit more comforting knowing the chip was contained in solid stainless steel rather than being so vulnerable.

Actually this was done for a very good reason.

If the control circuit were "sealed" then it would make the unit very difficult to dry out should moisture get into the unit, either via juice or some other incident involving liquids.

Up until recently (when a different glue was being used) ProVape actually recommended that if your ProVari took a swim, you can use 91% alcohol rinse out and then dry out the device and continue vaping.

The new glue breaks down in alcohol more readily so that practice has now been discouraged, but it is evidence that the open design was intentionally chosen to allow easy drying of a dunked device.

Even now people who have dunked their device still use hair dryers and rice to dry out their ProVari's and report now adverse side effects thereafter.

A sealed control panel on the other hand would indeed cause liquid to be trapped inside and could cause fogging and other damage if the liquid cold not be removed.

I also don't agree with people who pooh-pooh variable wattage simply because it is a technology they do not currently use.

I personally would love VW. I use it on my MVP's all the time. However, if implementing VW on a ProVari would require a less accurate chipset than the current Variable Voltage circuitry, then I would be against it.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm surprised at the number of people who have said they do NOT want Variable Wattage added to the Provari! I can't help but think that these folks don't understand what VW is and why its so beneficial...

It's really no difference in what they are doing today, especially for those that replied saying "I just set the Provari to 4volts and leave it there". THAT is the greatness of VW!!! Set the wattage to what you want and let the device handle the voltage change whenever you screw on another atty with lower\higher resistance. Set it and forget it...

For the life of me, I cannot imagine Provape releasing another Provari version without it having Variable Wattage. It is now a requirement for any regulated device!

Now if they could implement true VW - where it could correct itself hundreds of times per second, as the coils go through normal heat cycle, it would be a game changer!

My improvement suggestions:
1. Do away with regular and mini. Make all mini, but sell extension cap, and extension ring to allow one mod handle all 3 batteries
2. Threaded, interchangeable top ring, choice between tapered or flat top
3. Make number of clicks between menu items "1" instead of "2"
4. Build the best performing, best built, most reliable device on the market. Oh wait, that is what they did with all versions to date :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I too LOVE the idea of a threaded interchangeable top.
They could even get creative - in addition to tapered or flat, they could offer polished, brushed, or color-coated...

And I agree - VW as it's done today is not of interest, I still just know where to start, and adjust. The adjustment is due to too many variables for a device to compensate for (coil shape, airflow, juice, temperature, humidity, altitude, my mood) - if it tried, it would suck.
But if ProVape did something ground-breaking in terms of "power adjustment" - it might be interesting.

Other thoughts:
- No bigger, or it's a non-starter.
- Reduced-click menu? OK.
- Same durability, including the finish....
- Higher watt limit - not critical to ME, but there's definitely a demand...
- Offer an airflow/atty-connection solution. Either built into the top cap, or perhaps develop a Pro-Hippo
:)

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
It would be great if there were some way of accessing the micro-processor, thru a USB mini-jack somewhere accessible under the top cap or something like that, so that it would be possible to customize the menu using a computer editing program.

There's a couple menu functions that i could do without (Po and Lo), and one or two others that i would like at the start of the sequence rather than near the end of it (Ao); menu customization would make it possible to do changes like this.

I'm not sure if this is possible with the ProVari, but i believe there is a feature similar to this on the eVic.

I sometimes wish it were possible to override the amp limit, but it's probably for the best that this can't be done (at least for people like me who are not electronics wizards). I think about changes like the above ones sometimes, but i'm very happy with this APV as it is.

-- Glenn

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
It would be great if there was a removable top cap that also included adjustable airflow. That improvement alone would be a game changer.

I realize sub-ohming is the trend right now and I wouldn't be surprised if Provari included increased limits for that (I'm not into sub-ohming so I'm not even sure what that would be).

I'm fine with the constant power of the Provari vv. I don't see the need for vw unless they came up with something totally unique that I can't imagine right now (not very difficult).

I still think the colors are sorta meh, but I've got mine wrapped. Ppl buy Provari's for function, depenability, quality and warrenty. The color is secondary (well, minus the stealth). I doubt if there's a way for Provape to please most ppl when it comes to colors anyway. I hope they never discontinue the plain satin though.

Upgraded menu and display would be nice. I like the one click design though.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va

It certainly is not. It may be on your wish list, but I seriously could not care less. Not a single device I use has VW. Honestly, the math is just not that difficult.

When I know my ohms, I know the wattage based on the voltage I am applying.

electricwheel_zps86704564.png

Only the folks a ProVape know what they will put in the new device. But they are talking about a new technology that they are testing. What is 'new' about VW?

In any case, it would be nice if we could just see the new V3. Maybe we will all get what we wish for...

Megabyt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
SoCal
Not a single device I use has VW. Honestly, the math is just not that difficult.

Who said the math was difficult? Or that VW was new?

The whole point of VW is so that you don't have to think about the math! And certainly don't need a fancy chart with all of the equations just to get a consistent vape... across multiple atties, no matter the ohms!

Please tell me... why would you be AGAINST variable wattage? I truly don't understand why anyone would not want it...

Maybe its because you don't have any VW devices, as you noted?

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Who said the math was difficult? Or that VW was new?

The whole point of VW is so that you don't have to think about the math! And certainly don't need a fancy chart with all of the equations just to get a consistent vape... across multiple atties, no matter the ohms!

Please tell me... why would you be AGAINST variable wattage? I truly don't understand why anyone would not want it...

Maybe its because you don't have any VW devices, as you noted?

I am not trying to start a fight, here Megabyt. If you like VW, good for you. There is nothing wrong with it.

I don't want VW. I am not against it per se, it just adds no value to the mod, capisce? If it had VW would I still want V3 if it had other features? Yeah, but the VW function does not increase the value of version 3 in my mind.

You didn't say the technology was new, Provape said they were featuring new technology in version 3 (that is a part of my comment you snipped out in your reply). So if they are promoting new technology, that does not point towards VW (although it does not necessarily exclude the possibility, either).

I don't have VW mods because I got rid of all the mods I had that featured it. I had a Vamo and an eVic. I just found those mods to be less good than the ones I use, and the VW feature not useful for my vaping profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread