What are you making today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Dannyv45 posted a recipe over in the 'tobacco Absolute' thread that looked like something I'd like, but I don't have the flavors to duplicate. One ingredient that caught my eye though was chocolate. I've known for years that chocolate could be used in tobaccos but somehow just never thought to add it to my mixes. As it turns out, I have an old bottle of TFA Chocolate so I decided to give it a whirl. The TFA isn't too bad for a cocoa type flavor, but I'll be searching for a better (to me) chocolate in the future.

VZ Cigar 2%
vZ Real Cig 2%
Rustica TA 2%
Inawera Vanilla 1%
Hangsen Caramel 1%
TFA Chocolate .5% (very strong stuff)
TFA Brown Sugar Extra 1%
VZ Almond 1%
AP 1%

Shake and vape not bad but I think I over shot the tobacco's a little. I'm going to let it sit awhile and see how it develops but I think 1% on both the Cigar and TA would be plenty.

I can say that chocolate is going into my grab bag of mixing tricks for my tobaccos though. Don't know why it took me so long. Thanks Danny.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I finally filtered and bottled my Vanilla Bean Steep! It made about 100ml. I'm going to start messing with it this weekend.

I filled a pint Ball jar with 4 split vanilla beans and covered them in 100% PG on Feb. 1st. My favorite Nicoticket juice is Frenilla so I want to try my hand at something similar.

93f52456eb4170c9c96fb13fcf08d231.jpg

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
How did it turn out? Details Dave details lol

It was a 100% PG extraction. I slit the beans lengthwise and removed all the goodness and then cut the husk into tiny pieces. I shook the mix every day for the first week then once a week for a month then when I remembered :D Of course it kept it in a dark cool cabinet. Now I've used it to make an Orange Dreamsicle at 7% as 8 was to strong. Use it in my Net RY4 at 8% but I feel it is missing a few flavor notes so I'm testing it as an additional flavor in some of my recipes that call for vanilla to give it that extra boost. Next time I might add PGA to it during the extraction to see if the missing notes can be found. But without a doubt it is a huge winner.:toast:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm reporting late again as I made this a couple of evenings ago. I had to mix some new base so naturally I had to do a couple of mixes to test it. :D

Just to experiment I went with a little less water this time and also upped the nic a hair, but I have to admit I cant tell much of a difference. Anyways my base is: 7% pg, 6% DW, 87%vg, 7mg. (Old base mix was 10% DW, 6mg.)

I mixed up a couple of my tobacco mixes with it and like I said, couldn't tell any difference.

This evening, I mixed:

Ina Blend 3%.

Nothing else. Shake and vape really good and it'll just get better with a little steep time. :vapor:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
It was a 100% PG extraction. I slit the beans lengthwise and removed all the goodness and then cut the husk into tiny pieces. I shook the mix every day for the first week then once a week for a month then when I remembered :D Of course it kept it in a dark cool cabinet. Now I've used it to make an Orange Dreamsicle at 7% as 8 was to strong. Use it in my Net RY4 at 8% but I feel it is missing a few flavor notes so I'm testing it as an additional flavor in some of my recipes that call for vanilla to give it that extra boost. Next time I might add PGA to it during the extraction to see if the missing notes can be found. But without a doubt it is a huge winner.:toast:
Thats good to read! I just made a 10 ml test batch of TFA French Vanilla 8% and my Vanilla Bean 5%. I'm going to taste it in an hour or so then let it sit for a few weeks. Pretty excited about it!

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
I made a few different juices on Friday. So far so good but we know how they can change - hopefully since they're good they'll get even better.
I'm lazy so no I haven't really named them.
1. FW Custard Fruit mix
Strawberry TFA 6%
Kiwi double TFA 4%
Blueberry Extra TFA 4%
Vanilla Custard FW 2.5%

2. Cinnamon Danish
Cinnamon Danish Swirl CAP 8%
Dairy TFA 4%
Catalan Cream FA 3.5%
Hazelnut TFA 1.5%
Sweetener TFA 1-2%

Sent from Tapatalk?

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Well guys, after hearing so much good about the Kayfun I decided to give it a try. Now I am hooked and ended up buying two more kayfunV4's and 2 kayfun lite. Needless to say my mixing will change for I havent touched a CE5 since I got the kayfun :)

Tonight I mixed up 10ml of caps true tobacco at %10 with 3 drops of Rustica Tobacco Absolute and filled one of the kayfun lites up with it. Cant put it down. To me it taste like I am smoking a Pall Mall blue with a touch of sweetness. Very enjoyable.

Am vaping it on a Vamo at 5 volts with a 2.4 ohm coil.

Last edited:

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Mixed up my 5th batch of this last night. Still somewhat new to this and still playing with the mix, but getting close to what I wanted.

Orange Macaroon
TFA - Vanilla Cupcake: 4%
TFA - Coconut: 3.6%
TFA - Toasted Almond: 2.4%
FA - Cookie: 3%
FA - Orange: 6%

The total flavor is 19%. I think I may try to drop it to 15% on my next batch. Batch 3 was great at two weeks, but it's been good as a shake-n-vape too. Batch 4 was a disaster when I substituted a blood orange that just tastes like soap to me.

Edit: The macaroon was an adaptation of Macaroon by sophie_lapin I found on the OneStopDIYShop site.

Last edited:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
So your vanilla extracts turned out just as potent as the aromas one would usually buy?... If so im gonna have to buy some vanilla beans... Eventho im not much for the vanilla vapes to be honest...

The strained steep smells really good. I sniffed my beta bottle this morning while I was "burping" it and it smells incredible! A lot like NT's Frenilla, though I'm sure it tastes nothing like it! I'm gonna give it a try later on tonight. I tried it after I mixed and it didn't have a whole lot of flavor and smelled weird. But now, in just a week, it smells amazing and is darkening up nicely!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Well guys I am really enjoying these kayfuns. The RTA's take the vaping flavors to a whole new level but I am going thru a lot of juice so today I mixed up a new batch of tobacco flavors. The normal tobacco base I been using is great in smaller atomizers but a little too sweet for my taste in RTA's so today I mixed up these.

10% Inawara Arabica
%5 FA Frnch Vanilla
6 drops Inawara Tobacco Absolute Virgina
and

10% Capella Smooth
5% FA French Vanilla
6 drops Inawara Tobacco Absolute Virgina

Still a good creamy vape but not not overly creamy. Good lesson on how different style atomizers can give you different taste. The Rustica tobacco absolute I would like to try in a mixture like this but to me its very bland. Is anyone else with a fresh batch experiencing bland flavor from theirs?

And for my sweet tooth I mixed up some %10 Capella's Tangerine and %5 FA French Vanilla. Very yummy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread