What are you making today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
...........................The Rustica tobacco absolute I would like to try in a mixture like this but to me its very bland. Is anyone else with a fresh batch experiencing bland flavor from theirs?.....................

I only get a tobacco type flavor if that's what you mean. I like it best as an addition to my other tobacco flavors at about 1 percent. I think I may have got in on the last of their old supply though.

Last edited:

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I am in the process of making a butterscotch flavor. It contains Boston Cream, Bavarian Cream, Butterscotch, Cotton Candy, Caramel Candy, English Toffee, and Whipped Cream. I made it yesterday and now I need to wait about 2 weeks before I try it again. Started with a very smooth, creamy flavor with a hint of Butterscotch and caramel right after mixing. Really excited about this one and can't wait till the 2-4 week mark.

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
I'm out of a few of my adv ingredients, :ohmy: so it's potpourri time. I'm mixing what I got on hand. Spinning this up in the magmixer as I type ...

15 mg 65/35
Champagne tfa 3%
Apple tfa 3%
Cherry lor 3%
Raspberry cap 3%
Sour tfa 1%

(This is a variant of my adv - Apple Champagne
Champagne tfa - 3%
Green Apple cap - 6%
Sweet Strawberry cap - 3%
Sour tfa - 1%)

Looks like a Capella/WL order is necessary.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I'm out of a few of my adv ingredients, :ohmy: so it's potpourri time. I'm mixing what I got on hand. Spinning this up in the magmixer as I type ...

15 mg 65/35
Champagne tfa 3%
Apple tfa 3%
Cherry lor 3%
Raspberry cap 3%
Sour tfa 1%

(This is a variant of my adv - Apple Champagne
Champagne tfa - 3%
Green Apple cap - 6%
Sweet Strawberry cap - 3%
Sour tfa - 1%)

Looks like a Capella/WL order is necessary.

I have never tried Champagne but might have to order some, your recipes sound awesome.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
The Rustica tobacco absolute I would like to try in a mixture like this but to me its very bland. Is anyone else with a fresh batch experiencing bland flavor from theirs?

You may have received a bad batch made this year - either January or March. The rest of us who received a batch from last year, or even 2013, have no complaints. You may want to contact the vendor. They are usually very responsive.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Is the VZ Real Cig the same stuff that Bull City sells? my order from BC is being delivered tomorrow. :2cool:

I think it is but that's only because the names are the same and they're both super concentrates from China. If it is the same you're in for a real treat with the Real Cig. It's wicked strong so start at 2% and adjust from there. It's good shake and vape but definitely needs some steep time to be at it's best.

Just a tad too much ash for me stand a lone but only because I'm not fond of that note. You might find it perfect, but if not just use it as a bumper upper for some of your other flavors. That Real Cig, Rustica mix I posted is lip smakin' good I tell you. :vapor:

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Few these together today :)

All FlavourArt:

7 Leaves - 3%
Shade - 3%
Oakwood - 1%
Hazelnut - 0.25
Vanilla Classic - 0.25

Very yummy, can't wait to taste this after a couple of weeks :D

Another I made about a month ago:

FA - Shade - 4%
FTA Caramel Original - 0.50
FA - Vanilla Classic - 0.25

Caramel is the dominant flavour at first, but after a weeks steep, it mellows out allowing more of the tobacco notes to come through :)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

Caramel is the dominant flavour at first, but after a weeks steep, it mellows out allowing more of the tobacco notes to come through :)

I'm jealous of your ability to taste caramel and vanilla at those low percents. The Ry4 type mixes are my favorites but I need a ton of vanilla and caramel for my tired old taste buds. :vapor:

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
I'm jealous of your ability to taste caramel and vanilla at those low percents. The Ry4 type mixes are my favorites but I need a ton of vanilla and caramel for my tired old taste buds. :vapor:

What can I say? I like subtle flavour :p

I went thought various mixes of this batch, but all percentages I tried higher than stated, Caramel was too domineering for me.

My aim was to have more of a tobacco base than caramel or vanilla, and this seemed to work for me :p

You could always try the same ingredients at your preferred percentages? :D

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
What can I say? I like subtle flavour :p

I went thought various mixes of this batch, but all percentages I tried higher than stated, Caramel was too domineering for me.

My aim was to have more of a tobacco base than caramel or vanilla, and this seemed to work for me :p

You could always try the same ingredients at your preferred percentages? :D

Yeal, I'm definitely a fan of the FA flavors. It takes me a while to check out different brands because of a limited vape budget but I'll get back around to some FA flavors soon.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Yeal, I'm definitely a fan of the FA flavors. It takes me a while to check out different brands because of a limited vape budget but I'll get back around to some FA flavors soon.

Sure mate, must of us are on a budget ;)

I do prefer FA concentrates over most due to the low percentages I can use. I have a slight PG allergy, so the lower the PG the better lol. 30/70 PG/VG seems to be around my limit, any higher and I break out with bad acne :(

I heard FlavourArt are coming out with "Ultra Concentrated" flavours soon, so I'll certainly be giving them a shot :D

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Sure mate, must of us are on a budget ;)

I do prefer FA concentrates over most due to the low percentages I can use. I have a slight PG allergy, so the lower the PG the better lol. 30/70 PG/VG seems to be around my limit, any higher and I break out with bad acne :(

I heard FlavourArt are coming out with "Ultra Concentrated" flavours soon, so I'll certainly be giving them a shot :D

That's good news indeed. So many flavors, so little time lol. :vapor:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States

A lot has to do with how your vaping it. The mixture I was using was a great tobacco mix for a G5-H2 or Kanger T3S clearomizer on an ego but the same mixture in a Kayfun at 10 watts was too sweet and overpowering to the point I couldnt taste the tobacco at all. Even using only %5 French Vanilla and %10 tobacco with TA, its still a bit too sweet for my liking but im sure would be a decent vape in a smaller tank style like the kanger pro tank II. Experiment with different style vaping and you might find you already discovered your ultimate vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread