Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
How do you usually vape JD? .......

Mostly Varitas clone @ around 1 ohm, close wrapped micro, and powered by a mech. I'm old school so I close the air down to around 1.4 mm or so and use 3 second mouth to lung draws. I have 2 of those and I also have a couple of old Dream BT804's that I love and use quite often. In fact I'm vaping on one of those at the moment.

I also have a couple of kayfun clones but they mostly sit unused so much anymore that I'm thinking about letting them go. I got them for the 5ml capacity but I'm not out and about that much anymore. Vape is about the same from all three but I like changing flavors quite a bit and that's easier with the 804's and Varitas.

Reactions: chopdoc

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Mostly Varitas clone @ around 1 ohm, close wrapped micro, and powered by a mech. I'm old school so I close the air down to around 1.4 mm or so and use 3 second mouth to lung draws. I have 2 of those and I also have a couple of old Dream BT804's that I love and use quite often. In fact I'm vaping on one of those at the moment.

I also have a couple of kayfun clones but they mostly sit unused so much anymore that I'm thinking about letting them go. I got them for the 5ml capacity but I'm not out and about that much anymore. Vape is about the same from all three but I like changing flavors quite a bit and that's easier with the 804's and Varitas.

I liked the micro coils also but had a problem with the kayfun lites flooding. After doing some research I seen a U-tube video on building a macro coil that stops the kayfun from flooding. I started doing wraps on an artist brush handle where I could put large rayon wicks in it and it was a game changer. The flavor just exploded and the leaking stopped. With the macro coil allowing larger wicks, the coil stays saturated. Its also a lot easier to re-wick a coil now. I am doing a 7 to 10 26 or 28 guage wrap coil and they work great. Give it a try on one of your kayfuns and let me know. The artist brush handle I am using is slightly larger than the size of an ink pen's ink tube. The coil I made yesterday was 7 wraps of 26 kanthal and it came out at 1.89 ohms.
I also like a variety of flavors. That is why i am using 3 kayfuns V4's and 4 kayfun lites at all times.

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I liked the micro coils also but had a problem with the kayfun lites flooding. After doing some research I seen a U-tube video on building a macro coil that stops the kayfun from flooding. I started doing wraps on an artist brush handle where I could put large rayon wicks in it and it was a game changer. The flavor just exploded and the leaking stopped. With the macro coil allowing larger wicks, the coil stays saturated. Its also a lot easier to re-wick a coil now. I am doing a 7 to 10 26 or 28 guage wrap coil and they work great. Give it a try on one of your kayfuns and let me know. The artist brush handle I am using is slightly larger than the size of an ink pen's ink tube. The coil I made yesterday was 7 wraps of 26 kanthal and it came out at 1.89 ohms.
I also like a variety of flavors. That is why i am using 3 kayfuns V4's and 4 kayfun lites at all times.

I've haven't got around to testing rayon yet, and I'd also like to try some 26ga Kanthal. But yeal, like I have a tray holder in my truck that has room for my kayfun to fall over in, and I'll get some seeping if that happens.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've haven't got around to testing rayon yet, and I'd also like to try some 26ga Kanthal. But yeal, like I have a tray holder in my truck that has room for my kayfun to fall over in, and I'll get some seeping if that happens.

Regular Kayfun V4's are pretty much leak proof. I have had problems with the kayfun lites if they are laid on their sides. 80/20 helps this a lot. I use Rayon for one reason. I bought a zip lock bag full of rayon rope real cheap and have enough to last a life time. I see no difference between using that or cotton. They both wick about the same.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I guess I should add - I keep my DIYing with minimal flavors at one time, but if it sounds like I could eat or drink it - then why not try to vape it... Been working for me for over 3 years now and I enjoy the things that I have tried mixing together... If I get bored of a flavor before I finish it - I can alter it anytime I want.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Aha, that explains it. The Cherry Camel sounds like something I'd like. I mix Inawera Cherries with Inawera Vanilla for Pipe every once in a while.

I started with store bought juice (mostly tobaccos) and found that in many occasions I got bored with the taste after a few days so I bought some basic flavors and would add a drop or two of brandy or cherry to the juice and liked it a lot (tried vanilla, but skipped it for tobacco the next time). I just went from doing that so much - I decided I might just as well jump into DIY. I do not get fancy - do not need it - just need the variability and I can do it without mixing up 24 flavors each time I mix - just add a drop later of another accent wait a few days and keep on vaping... Easy Peasy.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I started with store bought juice (mostly tobaccos) and found that in many occasions I got bored with the taste after a few days so I bought some basic flavors and would add a drop or two of brandy or cherry to the juice and liked it a lot (tried vanilla, but skipped it for tobacco the next time). I just went from doing that so much - I decided I might just as well jump into DIY. I do not get fancy - do not need it - just need the variability and I can do it without mixing up 24 flavors each time I mix - just add a drop later of another accent wait a few days and keep on vaping... Easy Peasy.

I love cherries, bought a bag of them today but I have not been able to find a decent cherry vape flavor. It always taste perfumy and fake to me.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I love cherries, bought a bag of them today but I have not been able to find a decent cherry vape flavor. It always taste perfumy and fake to me.

If I vape a pure cherry flavored ejuice I totally agree with you - that is why I use it as an accent flavor - avoids the problem. Great as an accent with so many different flavors - especially if you are getting bored of them.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I have a huge sweet tooth.

It is dangerous to be a vaper and have a sweet tooth with some of the flavors out there. I used to vape a key lime pie juice, but had to give it up - gave me to many cravings for the real thing (LOL)... packed on a few pounds before I realized what I was doing. :D

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Well guys, I been spending a lot of time making and testing tobacco vapes and today I decided I wanted something sweet for a change so I whipped this up.
Creamy Strawberry Doughnut
All flavors Capella's
%4 Glazed Doughnut
%3 Sweet Strawberry
%2 NY Cheese Cake

Very yummy. My first time using glazed doughnuts and it came out better than I expected. This recipe was mixed up for and being used in a Kayfun lite vaped at 13 watts.

Whipped up a batch of this tonight with Capella's Peaches & Cream in place of Strawberry and dropped it to %2. Outstanding!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I made hop flavored e juice. I'm a home brewer and had some Saaz hops laying around, thought it would taste great. It's pretty distinct. Grassy, a touch bitter, actually reminds me of a decent lambic beer, which is what that type of hop is good for.

Now this is very interesting. Did you soak the Saaz hops in PG for a while then strain it off? If so, how long?

shuggibear

Mar 8, 2015
pa, us
Now this is very interesting. Did you soak the Saaz hops in PG for a while then strain it off? If so, how long?
I used pg/vg in a glass bottle and warmed up the mixture. 50/50 It took a day in the fridge for most of the vegetable matter to fall to the bottom. I'm going to try to centrifuge it tomorrow just to pull out add much juice as I can. So far, I'm thinking I'll end up doing this again with some of my favorite hops like cascade and centennial. Maybe add some of the flavor notes you'd expect to see from just that particular hop. I really like ipas and don't necessarily want it to taste like beer, more like hops.

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I used pg/vg in a glass bottle and warmed up the mixture. 50/50 It took a day in the fridge for most of the vegetable matter to fall to the bottom. I'm going to try to centrifuge it tomorrow just to pull out add much juice as I can. So far, I'm thinking I'll end up doing this again with some of my favorite hops like cascade and centennial. Maybe add some of the flavor notes you'd expect to see from just that particular hop. I really like ipas and don't necessarily want it to taste like beer, more like hops.

Awesome. Let me borrow your expertise if ya dont mind. Say I wanted a vape like a Heiniken Dark or a Shiners Bock. What kind of hops would I want to use and would just the hops get me close to the flavor? If not what would you suggest adding.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Made a delicious 20mL batch Strawberries and Cream recipe about 3.5 weeks ago. I wanted to let it steep a while before posting for others to see just to make sure it was a winner. Well it is, it's freaking decadent. SO tonight I made 120mL's and here's the recipe:

Creamberries
1) Sweet Strawberry - Capella - 6%
2) Strawberry (Ripe) - TFA - 6%
3) Sweet Cream - Capella - 4%
4) Vanilla Custard V1 - Capella - 4%
5) Ethyl Maltol - TFA? (From ECigExpress) - 4%
6) Sweetener - TFA? (From ECigExpress) - 1%

Mixed it at 70%VG/30%PG because I'm low on PG, and 1.5mg/mL.

Hope you guys like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread