• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What are your interests or crafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
See, this is why girls rock ;)

I quilt... That is i collect fabric, lol. Pretty, shiny things follow me home and stash themselves in "future use" piles. I am fascinated by the tools of artistry, and am never at a loss for a reason to collect them as well. i am temporarily without my sewing machine, so my latest project is a lap quilt, sewn entirely by hand. A lesson in patience and pride!

Outside of that, i love to cook and read cookbooks... Playing in the herb garden, and making my own teas :)

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
that's a gorgeous quilt lizzy!

If you want to link pictures so they show in the thread, you can either use the little picture icon (has a tree on it) insert image>from url> paste the url for the image and unclick the box that says "retrieve remote file..."

or you can type: [image] paste the url of your image-without spaces [/img]

(I paint and throw pottery, but there is no way i'd have the patience to plan, assemble, and sew)

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
I've spent alot of today trying to figure out photobucket and I'm almost there, lol. I can't figure how to drop a pic directly in here, so here is a link!

http://s824.photobucket.com/user/xdizzylizzie/media/20130916_172004_zpsad9bcc23.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Its almost done. I just have three more sides to stitch the binding down on. I have two large snowflakes to applique on as well, but still deciding if i like it better without.

That is beautiful! and I love the color combination. Gorgeous!

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
Thank you! I am so proud of that little quilt :) At first i hated having to slow down to the pace of hand stitching. I was sure I'd lose patience with it or myself. But it slowly came together and turned into something i looked forward to having to do every day. Not a single seam had to be pulled out... Something i definitely can't say about my machine stitching, lol
CES thank you for the image tips!

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Thank you! I am so proud of that little quilt :) At first i hated having to slow down to the pace of hand stitching. I was sure I'd lose patience with it or myself. But it slowly came together and turned into something i looked forward to having to do every day. Not a single seam had to be pulled out... Something i definitely can't say about my machine stitching, lol
CES thank you for the image tips!

My grandma always hand sewed quilts, even full-size ones. She made each grandchild a twin-size quilt. For the early great-grandchildren she did crib-size quilts (I remember getting a crib quilt for my first daughter, but not for my second daughter).

Lynzy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Hi women, yes, there are some very creative folks here.

I love the glasswork, and the quilt. I am interested in sewing, (mostly just collecting sewing notions, it seems), and I used to make candles (I still have lots of supplies to probably make hundreds more, I'm just not motivated lately to make them).

I love blues music and I like to play harmonica (pretty badly), it's fun to try though.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Books and youth baseball(hence name obviously-lol). Used to sew a lot and quilt(need machine to be tuned up) have tie-dyed, made soaps, scrapbooks-I have a 13 yo(14 soon) and 3 yo-both boys so I don't have time to do a lot anymore and have to make sure what I do is safe(lye for soaps not safe with curious preschooler and nor will DIY juice be an option for awhile) if older son tries football next year, that will be another sport.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Maybe in a year or so there will be stuff you can do with the youngest boys, baseballmom..but yeah, right now i'm guessing most of your time is spent chasing them. (my brother has 6 boys, and i know they can wreak havoc in a heartbeat:lol:)

fresh salmon sounds lovely Ruhne. Welcome to ECF, and to the women's room subforum

I usually do art journaling and mixed media, but stepped away from that to make some dream catchers and a gratitude banner. Here's my first attempt at a dream catcher....
CBHFxRF.jpg

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Hi women, yes, there are some very creative folks here.

I love the glasswork, and the quilt. I am interested in sewing, (mostly just collecting sewing notions, it seems), and I used to make candles (I still have lots of supplies to probably make hundreds more, I'm just not motivated lately to make them).

I love blues music and I like to play harmonica (pretty badly), it's fun to try though.

I planned to do a lot of sewing after I retired... make some skirts, curtains, etc. I finally borrowed a sewing machine from my daughter several weeks ago, but have not even taken it out of the box yet :)

Books and youth baseball(hence name obviously-lol). Used to sew a lot and quilt(need machine to be tuned up) have tie-dyed, made soaps, scrapbooks-I have a 13 yo(14 soon) and 3 yo-both boys so I don't have time to do a lot anymore and have to make sure what I do is safe(lye for soaps not safe with curious preschooler and nor will DIY juice be an option for awhile) if older son tries football next year, that will be another sport.

When your kids are involved with sports or other activities, it can put a damper on your own hobbies, but it's worth it! I had one daughter seriously into ballet and another daughter doing competitive gymnastics, at the same time. It was a crazy couple of years, but I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.

Flytying and flyfishing for salomon

Cool! That seems like it would be very relaxing (and beautiful settings)

I usually do art journaling and mixed media, but stepped away from that to make some dream catchers and a gratitude banner. Here's my first attempt at a dream catcher....
CBHFxRF.jpg

I like the dream catcher. My granddaughter would especially like all the sparkling crystals in it. She's very serious about dream catchers and how they work, so I would probably tell her that the crystals "attract" all the bad dreams, and transform them into little sparkles of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread