Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
"People who do that former smoker thing & complain all the time about how cigarettes are ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING and they CANNOT be around smokers at all and they are no longer friends with anyone who smokes and anyone who vapes but still has analogs ever is SATAN."

Oh, I so cannot do that. I hate to admit it, but I enjoy the smell of co-workers coming back in from a smoke. LOL! It doesn't make me want one, but I like the smell just the same! They think it's hysterical.

I am completely opposite. When I smell smoke on someone I think it stinks to High Heaven, but it makes me crave a smoke like crazy. Wish I could reverse it like you. :)

As for the peeps who won't be friends with smokers anymore- well, they aren't very good friends if they are so judgmental, especially against something they used to do. :?:

My taste buds did improve, but since I survive mostly on processed junk food this is not such a good thing. Ya know what- when you can taste it, it TASTES LIKE processed junk.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
also, people who blow cigarette smoke in your face because that's what they think you were doing before they approached you. or because they don't give a crap and they're a jerk. it is never socially acceptable to blow smoke in another's face, and slight inebriation is not an excuse. this happens a few times in a night whenever i am selling memberships, and it is the lamest crap ever. i don't care if it sounds touchy, i never enjoyed cigarette smoke and could not even tolerate it when i rolled my own tobacco. it makes me dizzy and i've fainted/vomited a few times. plz to keep your smoke away from my sinuses, dammit.
a few times i've asked a few patrons to keep their cigarette smoke away from my general direction if possible, and i've got "but you were smoking." even as a smoker that wouldn't have been ok with me. i don't need a co2 facial, thanks, do you? to be fair, some people were making conversation on their smoke breaks, but at times this means i'm maintaining a conversation with 8 smokers within a few feet away from me for six hours. my lungs actually hurt midway.

Last edited:

panachronic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
WA
A friend who won't give up the stinkies because he's sceptical about e-cigs always needles me about vaping. The latest thing he asked was 'Did you see the news reports about the e-cig that blew up in a man's face?'. Arrrgh. :mad:
You should remind him about the tens of thousands of people who have burned their houses down with cigarettes.

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I hated it when people told me "smoking is bad for you, you know?" and all that other crap.

My response to those (don't you know those things will kill you?) people used to be......."Well my grandfather lived to be 95 years old." Their response: "Was he a smoker?" My response: "No. He minded his effin' business!"

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
mine must b when i explain to friends or co workers the inns n outs of a nice pv that will help them not smoke concentional cigs and they still go out n buy a crappy 150 dollar kit cause it comes with the "cool" cigarette pack shaped battery charger then end up hating it n go back to cigs

My variation on this is that quite a few work colleagues bought an Ego-T after they saw mine but after a few months went back to smoking. Why? I thought. Don't like the tank system? Wicking issues? Dry hits? No. It was because they simply stopped working, apparently. So I took a look at their gear and saw the reason why. They all didn't bother to keep the connections clean with a simple tissue wipe. Atomizer, battery and recharger connections were all green and gunked up with dried e-liquid!

I told them this but they didn't care. As far as they were concerned, e-cigs stank more than a person on a pack of twenty a day. Well it's their choice if they want to gunk up their lungs with tar instead of doing the simplest bit of maintenance. They deserve cigarettes. I can't complain too much though. I bought their kits and juice off them for a mere fraction of what they paid and cleaned them up. Guess what? They then worked as good as new and I now have lots of spare parts :laugh:

Kahuna

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
San Francisco
I don't like the use of the word "toot"

that makes me think of a fart more than a hit or puff ..............

I love Grimm Green but curse him for using THAT STUPID WORD and incorrectly, might I add (it means a short, sharp sound made by a horn, trumpet, or similar instrument. IT MEANS THE FRIGGIN OPPOSITE of how it's used by ignorant speakers) GRRR it makes me cringe just typing that stupid word. Incorrect word usage is a major peeve of mine.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
HAr har :rolleyes:

Another one...

In the UK we have a cig-alike brand called E-lites which has HUGE mainstream marketing in the press and TV. If you come across an E-lites stall in a shopping centre or train station, the salespersons will try and draw you in with the following claim:

"Each cartridge is the equivalent of 20 cigarettes and the battery will last hours"

Unfortunately I fell for it - this was over a year ago before I took up vaping and knew anything about it - and of course the claims were untrue to say the least. A cartridge was actually the equivalent of about three cigarettes and a fully charged battery lasted half an hour (if you were lucky). I'm surprised no one has reported E-lites to trading standards :-x

Oh and on the subject of cig-alikes...how come the White Cloud brand costs $350 when it's just a revamped KR808-D1 device? :mad: And why are there youtube reviews saying that it's worth it???? Gah! :evil:

nansc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
New Hampshire
I personaly hate the word analog and I will not use it.People who say oh I tried one of those and you have to suck so hard on it that it's not worth it.Also people who nag other people to quit when they were smoking not so long ago.I live with a chain smoker and he's never bothered me so I don't bother him.He will quit when he is ready.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Mine is absolutely people who invariably ask how long until I quit vaping. Of course, I teased my father who chewed the gum for a decade or so. :)

"People who do that former smoker thing & complain all the time about how cigarettes are ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING and they CANNOT be around smokers at all and they are no longer friends with anyone who smokes and anyone who vapes but still has analogs ever is SATAN."

Oh, I so cannot do that. I hate to admit it, but I enjoy the smell of co-workers coming back in from a smoke. LOL! It doesn't make me want one, but I like the smell just the same! They think it's hysterical.

I can smell it on people in the elevator and find it awful... However, when outside near someone with one lit, it smells wonderful. :) I felt the same way when I was a smoker, though. I didn't smoke inside or in my car for the last 5 years or more. Only when it gets old and stale did I dislike the scent.

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
HAr har :rolleyes:

Another one...

In the UK we have a cig-alike brand called E-lites which has HUGE mainstream marketing in the press and TV. If you come across an E-lites stall in a shopping centre or train station, the salespersons will try and draw you in with the following claim:

"Each cartridge is the equivalent of 20 cigarettes and the battery will last hours"

Unfortunately I fell for it - this was over a year ago before I took up vaping and knew anything about it - and of course the claims were untrue to say the least. A cartridge was actually the equivalent of about three cigarettes and a fully charged battery lasted half an hour (if you were lucky). I'm surprised no one has reported E-lites to trading standards :-x

We have that issue in the USA, too. I've been watching people hock various brands of e-cigarettes for a while now. I was at a trade show working and one vendor for them was set up right across the isle from us (which was also strange since e-cigs have NOTHING to do with the trade show items). No idea the brand he was selling, but I've heard people complain, saying similar things to what you said. The guy I eventually bought from is set up at our local flea market on the weekends, and he has a spectacular nose. He'd go up to anyone trailing a cigarette smell behind them, and he got me several times. I'm not the friendliest person you'll ever meet (I'm super shy) so I tended to speed up and get away before he finished his line.

I eventually let him catch me and I ended up with my eGo. He actually turned out to be rather honest. He says the containers of Dekang are equal to a carton of smokes, which I did not find to be true, but a good friend of mine claims he's been working on the same bottle of Dekang Pina Colada for a month now. So I guess it varies by person. He did, however, tell me the truth about my first starter kit... the batteries do only last 2-3 hours. It QUICKLY became a back up set of batteries when I ran back to him for my eGo-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread