What atomizer can i use on a hybrid connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Dodinsky. Glad to have you here!:)

can use a ego one cl atomizer ( they usually sell them with the joytech vtc mini )on a hybrid connection
Absolutely NOT.

In fact, no clearomizer (tank that can use factory coils) is safe to use on a direct to battery mod. Only rda's/RTA's with a protruding non-adjustable center pin (at least 1 mm) is safe to use.

J.d. Roberts

May 30, 2016
Austin, Texas
I consider myself experienced (since 2012) in vaping; battery knowledge, amp limits, ohm's law, etc. If you are a beginner vapor, 1 year or less, I would be very careful with using hybrid connections. You have to know the amp limit - don't push it too far, you also have to make sure the 510 connection of atomizer that you're using STICKS OUT (protrudes) through the hybrid connection - or it will short and cause disaster.

Posting a picture of the 510 of the atomizer that you're talking about would help. Some stick out more than others. Some don't stick out at all. Some are very questionable - those I tend to put in the not safe to use with hybrids category. I find that if it sticks out 3mm or more from the 510, it's generally safe. Playing the safe game, is always best. I love my lips and fingers.

Reactions: kross8

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The real name for devices with a "hybrid connection" is a direct-to-battery mod. These devices do not have a 510 center pin. When you look into the mod's 510 connection, you'll only see an empty space and the top of the battery below.

20160129_151013-1-jpg.529201

Normal 510 connector on left. Direct-to-battery (faux hybrid) connector on right.

The only juice attachment that you can use with a direct-to-battery mod is one with an extended center pin (see the two images below). Using a normal 510 juice attachment without an extended center pin will cause a hard short and explode your battery.

510-connection-pin-550x329.jpg

Atomizers (example pics above) with an extended center pin in the 510 connector (for faux hybrid or direct battery mods). This type of 510 connector is the only connector you can use with a hybrid-look, direct battery mechanical mod.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
My friend has a zephirus v2 he said he can borrow me it hut i can't recognize if it has got protruding pin
We showed you pictures. What's not to recognize? The pin does not protrude enough.

The Zephyrus is NOT an RTA. It's another subΩ clearomizer that comes with an RBA base. The RBA base is screwed into the tank base. Then the tank base is screwed into the hybrid connector. Even if the 510 pin protruded a little, over time the pins on these clearomizers get deformed and pushed in (as shown in the video).

I highly recommend you get yourself a REGULATED mod.

If your interest is in "blowing clouds/cloud chasing" a 200watt REGULATED mod will serve you better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread