What can i make with these liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HasanVaping

Apr 27, 2015
I have many different concenrates, ive felt like ive wasted so much money on them tbh.

Now i just ordered tfa Coconut, watermelon, and strawberry, in addition to me having a interest in a "tigers blood" recipe.

I have Capella Sweet strawberry, Red astiare, creamy strawberry, capella blueberry, orange concentrate, tfa sweet cream, ethyl maltol + what i mentioned that i ordered.

I love levititation from 13 flooor vapours, also i love sharks blood, and im a big fan of lizard tears. I usually vape on a nautilus due to high costs of vaping in sub ohm tanks, but i have all the ingredideints needed to make the flavours. I made a batch of 4 x 30ml and they tasted horrible, i threw them in my bedroom draw, 3 months later they acutally taste OK.

So what i can make?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I have many different concenrates, ive felt like ive wasted so much money on them tbh

You're not alone in feeling that way. That happens frequently if someone doesn't first find a few recipes they'd like to make...and then order their flavorings according to what's needed to make those recipes. Lots of people choose flavorings based on flavors they like in candy, or fruits, or desserts they eat. Problem is...making eliquid recipes often calls for a variety of flavoring types...not just main/primary flavors. Most of time also needed are some secondary/blender flavorings, some accents, sweetener, etc.

Your flavorings are all primary ones, except for the sweet cream (a secondary/blender) and the ethyl maltol (a sweetener). The 3 you just ordered are also primary ones. I'd suggest adding a few of these commonly used "blenders" as well, that will allow you to make some good recipes: Whipped Cream, Vanilla Swirl, Vanilla Custard, Marshmallow, Bavarian Cream, Banana Cream,etc. I'd also get some TFA Sweetener as an added sweetener choice.

Once you get some of those, then you could make a few easy recipes like these below if you'd like to. Just remember that everyone's tastes are different, so it's best to start lower on flavoring % and then adjust to your own taste in each recipe.

NannerBerry
CAP Sweet Strawberry - 5%
Banana Cream - 4%
EM - 1.5%

Fruity Custard (pick 1 of your fruits below)
Blueberry or strawberry - 6%
Vanilla Custard - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Sweetener - 2%

If you order some TFA Sweet & Tart Candy flavoring...you could make a variety of different Starburst Candy eliquids:

Starburst
Strawberry or Blueberry or Orange - 6%
Sweet Cream - 3%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
EM - 1.5%
Sweet and Tart Candy - 1.5%

**For Watermelon Starburst - just leave out the Sweet Cream and the Vanilla Swirl, so it isn't creamy

There are many, many other recipes to be found...that you could make with what you have + a few of those I mentioned above. Just start by making very small test amounts first, like 5mL or 10mL. Test vape a few drops, make a single adjustment & take notes on what you did, and test vape a few more drops, make any change & take notes, etc., etc.. Keep doing that until that little amount is exactly like you want it! Then, use your notes to make a larger amount that will be exactly like the small one you made and really liked!

No one makes super eliquids as soon as they start...right from the get-go! It takes, trial and error, adjusting recipes, test vaping, making small changes to recipes, etc. But, if you use some tried and true methods...you will end up making really good eliquids for yourself!

HasanVaping

Apr 27, 2015
You're not alone in feeling that way. That happens frequently if someone doesn't first find a few recipes they'd like to make...and then order their flavorings according to what's needed to make those recipes. Lots of people choose flavorings based on flavors they like in candy, or fruits, or desserts they eat. Problem is...making eliquid recipes often calls for a variety of flavoring types...not just main/primary flavors. Most of time also needed are some secondary/blender flavorings, some accents, sweetener, etc.

Your flavorings are all primary ones, except for the sweet cream (a secondary/blender) and the ethyl maltol (a sweetener). The 3 you just ordered are also primary ones. I'd suggest adding a few of these commonly used "blenders" as well, that will allow you to make some good recipes: Whipped Cream, Vanilla Swirl, Vanilla Custard, Marshmallow, Bavarian Cream, Banana Cream,etc. I'd also get some TFA Sweetener as an added sweetener choice.

Once you get some of those, then you could make a few easy recipes like these below if you'd like to. Just remember that everyone's tastes are different, so it's best to start lower on flavoring % and then adjust to your own taste in each recipe.

NannerBerry
Banana Cream - 4%
EM - 1.5%

Vanilla Custard - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Sweetener - 2%

If you order some TFA Sweet & Tart Candy flavoring...you could make a variety of different Starburst Candy eliquids:

Starburst
Sweet Cream - 3%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
EM - 1.5%

**For Watermelon Starburst - just leave out the Sweet Cream and the Vanilla Swirl, so it isn't creamy

There are many, many other recipes to be found...that you could make with what you have + a few of those I mentioned above. Just start by making very small test amounts first, like 5mL or 10mL. Test vape a few drops, make a single adjustment & take notes on what you did, and test vape a few more drops, make any change & take notes, etc., etc.. Keep doing that until that little amount is exactly like you want it! Then, use your notes to make a larger amount that will be exactly like the small one you made and really liked!

No one makes super eliquids as soon as they start...right from the get-go! It takes, trial and error, adjusting recipes, test vaping, making small changes to recipes, etc. But, if you use some tried and true methods...you will end up making really good eliquids for yourself!

thanks alot for your help. The thing is its costing me, and its costing me a bit now and again buying these new flavour concentrates. I ordered Bavarian cream and now im looking at buying 2 other concentrates but just tell me what to buy please:

I love these flavours

Donut
Levitation by 13th floor
Sharks Blood
Cream Berry by perino

ect

thanks

HasanVaping

Apr 27, 2015

NannerBerry
Banana Cream - 4%
EM - 1.5%

Vanilla Custard - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Sweetener - 2%

Starburst
Sweet Cream - 3%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
EM - 1.5%

w

In addition il spend another £3 on a concentrate, should i go for graham cracker? I really need help.

I dont have time n effort to do trail n error tbh, i only mix in 30ml matches as i cannot be patient for steep timing.

Let me know another flavour you reccommend so i can make MOST out of what i already have. Thanks

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I dont have time n effort to do trail n error tbh

Well, then you should probably get use to buying pre-mix because to make juice that taste good to you, you are going to have to work at it a little. If it was that easy, people wouldn't be paying the money they do for pre-made.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
After I responded above, I remembered seeing posts of yours about starting DIY in the past. So I looked back, and yep...there were 2 other discussions started on the same types of things.

Started on Jan 13 2016 - You received helpful responses from herb in this one

Want to create DIY E-liquid.

Started Feb. 11, 2016 - I responded twice and gave info, hints, and advice. BrotherBob also responded and even gave you a few recipe suggestions. 2naphish also responded to it.

Newbie DIY E LIQUID - NEED HELP!"

So, you've now been given a bunch of information, advice, suggestions, tips, etc., in 3 discussions, but don't seem to want to make use of it. Making eliquid that's good, takes effort and patience that you say you don't have.

Also, no one can give you a recipe for those eliquids you mentioned that you've tried in the past and now want to make. WE don't know them! There are thousands upon thousands of different recipes for eliquids worldwide. There IS no book nor website that has them all, nor any person or group of people...who has them! Different websites have quite a few that people have made up and then share. You can search through those. Individual people have several usually, and forums & groups are good sources for many different ones. Specialty eliquids, like those you like though...will rarely have their recipes posted online. Clones maybe...yes. But again, it takes your time and effort to find them.

I've responded and tried to help you the best way I can. You said thank you for my help, and I appreciate that. However, I can't do anything more to help you, than what's already been suggested in the other discussions, and in this one. It is up to you from here...to use the info. to help yourself make the best eliquid possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    You could try what I do a lot: 1. keep using favorite pre-mades in small low power tanks, I have some I chose for them, love them in those tanks, but don't like them as much/feel like I'm wasting them in higher power devices. 2. Make basic single-flavor mixes, use in dripping atomizer, constantly switch flavors and make mixtures in the atty on the fly. Some flavorings can be "made to behave" this way, for example TFA coconut tends to build up and persist in a coil longer than some other flavors, so what starts as too little turns into too much when used conventionally mixed. 3. move towards lower flavoring levels, the more flavoring the more critical it gets. 4. this last one is opinion only, but get some good tobacco flavors (TDM's, FA, INW TA's), they're magic in blends.

P.S. if you're mixing in 30 ml bottles, don't make 30 ml! Make 25 ml max. with room to shake well.

P.S.S.
    5. keep a bottle of unflavored for stuff that gets overpowering, or mixing with premixed juices.
    6. This doesn't just apply to dripping, the point of single-flavor juice making is to get the flavoring into a format it's vapable, and steeping, and can be intermixed freely, for example a few squirts of this a little of that into a smaller bottle or even straight into a tank. Both that and dripping are methods of accelerating the experimentation process.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    I learned the most just by jumping in and making. I do have to say that I start out with 5ml bottles initially. I add all the flavor percents together to determine what percent is my base. My base, I pre-make. It includes PG, VG, and nic. My total flavoring percentage is generally about 15-20%, so my base is 80-85%. To get the amount for a 5ml bottle, I just divide the percent by 20. An 84% base divided by 20 equals 4.2, or 4.2ml of base. I do my conversions before I start with the syringes.

5ml bottles give me enough for a tank of vaping. I vape it through the day and write a lot of notes for what I notice and for what changes I should make the next time.

Then, I make another 5ml bottle. Usually, I use the same 5ml bottle. Same process.

I do a lot of testing of flavors. I just finished ywo different cherry flavors. I did 10% cherry, 5% cream and 85% base. ML amounts came to 4.25ml base, .5ml cherry, and .25ml cream.

I will shake them and let them sit in a dark drawer for a week and then compare the two different cherry mixes. Just to see the difference. If I really like one, I will build on it, maybe, with a cake, pie, or dessert flavor the next time.

It just takes time and notes.

Oh, as someone mentioned; some flavors are the primary flavor for a recipe. You have a lot of those. I would get more "supporting" flavors. Someone posted that they are trying 10+ different creams. Each cream is slightly different and you have to determine which ones you like and with what you like them with. Same with pastries, for me. White cake, yellow cake, pie crust, graham cracker crust, all of them I have and I had to determine what was better and when in my recipes.

It is rather fun tinkering with recipes and just trying things. Get A LOT of little test bottles.

Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread