Not open for further replies.

Lucian Mughal

Jul 27, 2015
I made my own e-juice but using the following

50% PG
30% VG
20% Coffee flavor - coffee paste flavor
No nicotine

The vaping is not bad but after a few puffing i am getting a little headache probably drowsiness and feeling sleepy. So usually i take a nap like 30 minutes after that. Could you explain which of the 3 thing above cause that kind of bad effect.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I got it from the bakery store cause i couldn't really find a real e juice flavor
That's probably why then
30ngne9.gif

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
how much are you vaping. have you tried not vaping and seeing if you are still tired around the same time without changing anything else? Are you taking any drugs? There could be may reasons other than your vaping that could be the cause. I would go to the doctor if you stop vaping and it still is a problem.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I got it from the bakery store cause i couldn't really find a real e juice flavor
O wow. I didn't see this. Yeah man, don't do that...I recommend throwing that away. That's like well...I don't have any motor oil for my car sooooo, I'll just use this bottle of lotion.

Lucian Mughal

Jul 27, 2015
how much are you vaping. have you tried not vaping and seeing if you are still tired around the same time without changing anything else? Are you taking any drugs? There could be may reasons other than your vaping that could be the cause. I would go to the doctor if you stop vaping and it still is a problem.
I am actually new to smoking or vape but after trying it from a friend it taste good and the flavor really bring me to research more about it...so i try to make one. By the way i don't feel tired if i don't smoke it. I don't take drug. But i am really suspecting one of those 3 things must have caused the drowsiness and headache....how to test if any of the those is the cause?

Reactions: gone3uo6

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.

In all likelihood this flavoring is not PG/water-based. It's probably oil based and not meant for vaping. You should stop immediately, and throw out any e-liquid you made using that flavoring. Don't vape it. It's probably not good for you.

Buy some e-liquid flavoring that is actually meant to be used as e-liquid flavoring. That'll fix your problems.

Lucian Mughal

Jul 27, 2015
In all likelihood this flavoring is not PG/water-based. It's probably oil based and not meant for vaping. You should stop immediately, and throw out any e-liquid you made using that flavoring. Don't vape it. It's probably not good for you.

Buy some e-liquid flavoring that is actually meant to be used as e-liquid flavoring. That'll fix your problems.
Thank you for the advice i'll throw them then...by the way i have another question ...

What is that mild sweet smell flavor emanating from the e juice is so nice and fragrance is it the ethyl maltol? If i want to make one of this should i add water to it? what is the best amount of water in term of percentage measure to put in let say i want to make 30 ml of e liquid

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I am actually new to smoking or vape but after trying it from a friend it taste good and the flavor really bring me to research more about it...so i try to make one. By the way i don't feel tired if i don't smoke it. I don't take drug. But i am really suspecting one of those 3 things must have caused the drowsiness and headache....how to test if any of the those is the cause?
I totally agree with nyiddle. Don't yape anymore of that stuff. I recommend The Flavor Apprentice, Hangsen, Inawera, Ecig Express flavors, Vapers Tek EU source Nicotine and Vaping Zone Super Concentrated flavorings.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Thank you for the advice i'll throw them then...by the way i have another question ...

What is that mild sweet smell flavor emanating from the e juice is so nice and fragrance is it the ethyl maltol? If i want to make one of this should i add water to it? what is the best amount of water in term of percentage measure to put in let say i want to make 30 ml of e liquid
There are several threads of EM already. If using powder and diluting, most people dilute to 10% which is 1/4tsp per 9ml. I usually do 5% (1/8tsp per 9ml PG). Even at 5% I still only use .5% per 30ml of e juice. I recommend doing more research before using EM. There are plenty of flavorings out there that don't need sweeteners.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014

In general I don't recommend vaping water. It's unpleasant and can create some harshness, and if it's not distilled/properly filtered, you may be inhaling some nasty "hard water" chemicals. You should be mixing everything into PG, and all of your flavorings should (ideally) be suspended in either PG or alcohol. A tiny bit of distilled/filtered water can be used to thin out a max VG blend if you are sensitive to PG.

Ethyl Maltol will add some sweetness, but it should be used as a "flavor booster" and not as a flavoring on its own. Not only that, there is some curiosity surrounding EM increasing blood sugar levels. Wherever you end up buying your EM crystals, make sure it's a reputable vendor such as TFA or one of the above mentioned vendors.

The flavoring is the most questionable part of vaping. The PG/VG/nicotine we're (pretty sure) does nothing bad to you when vaped/inhaled. The components that go into the flavorings, however, are a bit more worrisome as we're not really sure what the long-term effects might be. For this reason I suggest keeping the amount of flavoring required to give you satisfaction at a minimum. It took a long time before I realized I could dilute pre-mixed flavored juices with straight VG to double (or sometimes triple) the quantity while still retaining a satisfactory amount of flavor.

Lucian Mughal

Jul 27, 2015
In general I don't recommend vaping water. It's unpleasant and can create some harshness, and if it's not distilled/properly filtered, you may be inhaling some nasty "hard water" chemicals. You should be mixing everything into PG, and all of your flavorings should (ideally) be suspended in either PG or alcohol. A tiny bit of distilled/filtered water can be used to thin out a max VG blend if you are sensitive to PG.

Ethyl Maltol will add some sweetness, but it should be used as a "flavor booster" and not as a flavoring on its own. Not only that, there is some curiosity surrounding EM increasing blood sugar levels. Wherever you end up buying your EM crystals, make sure it's a reputable vendor such as TFA or one of the above mentioned vendors.

The flavoring is the most questionable part of vaping. The PG/VG/nicotine we're (pretty sure) does nothing bad to you when vaped/inhaled. The components that go into the flavorings, however, are a bit more worrisome as we're not really sure what the long-term effects might be. For this reason I suggest keeping the amount of flavoring required to give you satisfaction at a minimum. It took a long time before I realized I could dilute pre-mixed flavored juices with straight VG to double (or sometimes triple) the quantity while still retaining a satisfactory amount of flavor.
The point was actually when testing using the bakery flavor - the smell doesn't come up with the smoke. It literally no smell other than the smell of smoke itself. That was the reason i put quite a substantial amount of flavor more than the PG and VG...how do you make a small amount of flavor to outstand and go along with the smoke? what is the secret if you don't mind to share?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
The point was actually when testing using the bakery flavor - the smell doesn't come up with the smoke. It literally no smell other than the smell of smoke itself. That was the reason i put quite a substantial amount of flavor more than the PG and VG...how do you make a small amount of flavor to outstand and go along with the smoke? what is the secret if you don't mind to share?

Most flavorings I've tried are a "little goes a long way" type situation. In a 30mL bottle, 1mL or so of flavoring should, pretty easily, flavor the entire bottle.

The reason you needed so much of your flavoring was likely because it wasn't properly mixing in with the PG/VG or because it wasn't meant for vaping (it was meant for cooking), so it was naturally diluted.

Lucian Mughal

Jul 27, 2015
Most flavorings I've tried are a "little goes a long way" type situation. In a 30mL bottle, 1mL or so of flavoring should, pretty easily, flavor the entire bottle.

The reason you needed so much of your flavoring was likely because it wasn't properly mixing in with the PG/VG or because it wasn't meant for vaping (it was meant for cooking), so it was naturally diluted.
Does the Stevia and Sucralose have smell? i want to buy these stuff but not sure which one is good and if it smells like anything

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
What is that mild sweet smell flavor emanating from the e juice is so nice

IF you mixed it yourself and only own PG, VG and that flavoring, then w/out any flavoring, the sweet taste is the VG.

Try vaping just VG by itself and see if your headache goes away. You can put a drop of distilled water in if it is too thick

Reactions: Lucian Mughal

Lucian Mughal

Jul 27, 2015
IF you mixed it yourself and only own PG, VG and that flavoring, then w/out any flavoring, the sweet taste is the VG.

Try vaping just VG by itself and see if your headache goes away. You can put a drop of distilled water in if it is too thick
Thanks you give me an idea that i should test them one by one. Now my question is complete...i will try them all

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Thanks you give me an idea that i should test them one by one. Now my question is complete...i will try them all

VG on its own does have a slight inherent sweetness, but the flavor (in my opinion) is akin to Vaseline or like.. Idk. Glycerin? It kinda tastes weird on its own.

I don't quite understand the "sweetness" you're referring to in the smell. All flavorings will transfer over to the juice they're mixed with. If you are into bakery flavors there are a bunch of options on TFA or WizardLabs. Everything from "cinnamon bun" to "creme brulee" (andthensome).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread