What causes lung cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Hi Joecil, How did you manage to reduce your nicotine so fast? Great job.

Just made up my mind to do it really. Now I think I was more addicted to the hand/mouth see smoke than the nicotine. I never had an urge for a cigarette either once I got my first e-cig though I had tried the patches, gum and pill before all had been a complete failure with a day. Now also keep in mind that I was told if I didn't quit right then I would be dead in 9 to 18 months and if I quit at least another 20 years with the chemo and radiation which I did. I was also lucky in that they caught it as stage 3 and not 4 so it hadn't spread and localized to just the left lung and one lymph node in the same area. Sure glad I had medicare with a good supplemental at the time as it would of bankrupted me other wise.

Last edited:

Kiwiboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2014
Masterton, New Zealand
It's a big stretch to compare nicotine with caffeine.....

Actually, from a physiological standpoint both nicotine and caffeine are more similar than not with regards to the effects on the cardiovascular system. That is WHY people who have cardiac and/or circulation are told to get off and stay off of caffeine (coffee, pop, tea). Vasoconstriction, blood pressure rises, those kind of effects.

Water is a poison. If you drink too much it will kill you.

I realise this is an old post but I just had to put this out there....

And so it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread