What device got you off cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I quit my almost 40 year PAD habit with cig-A-likes at 18 to 24MG. Eventually moved to an iStick TC40W with a Nautilus Mini and 6MG but went down to 3MG in a month. I had tried the Buck Naked Slim kit but returned that in a week and got the iStick. Still using that iStick until this day.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Very first, well after the blu style.
smok_rbc_glossy_starter_kit__56522_1024x1024.jpg

then changed tank to
tumbler%20tank%20vaporizer%20atomizer-600x600.jpg

Then changed tank and battery to.
iClear30Btank-1-600x600.jpg

SMOK-WINDER-2.jpg

At this point i was 100% off the stinkies

smoked for 16+ years worst point was 4PAD and i was Dipping at the same time due to restrictions when out in the field.

Started at 12mg/ml. currently at 1.5mg/ml but my setup is way way way way way more advanced :D

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I quit my 40 year, 1-2 PAD habit using an Ego Mega T. That lasted about 2 weeks and went to an MVP2 and an SVD with iClears and Protanks. I started out at 24mg and within a couple of weeks dropped to 18. I've since moved up to bottom fed mechanicals with rdas and regulated squonkers with rdas. I also have an array of tanks and regulated box mods, all of which have helped me in my quest to be cigarette free. I only vape DTL.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    A hi powered ego/Riva (3.7v) + low ohm cartomiser (2.0 ohm) = 6 wattish? Made it much easier than a cartridge on a 2.5 ohm atty.

Close enough to a cig output and being able to have a hand to mouth quitting device was key.

Also I believe going unflavored right away instead of trying to find a great flavor and flavor output was key also.

35yr pack n a half a day, Lights. Never tried to quit previously.

Still only vape at 7.5w.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I had been dual using for 6 weeks (on purpose) on a nautius mini and vision spinner 2. the day i decided to try for zero cigs i stopped at a vape shop and got a ipv 2s and an Aspire Atlantis. Toys work. After some months on the atlantis I picked up the N mini again and discovered I'd rather MTL and went back to that until I got my first rda and that was the end of tanks for me. I've been MTL 4-7 ml per day every since. I believe I settled into 12 mg nic about that time. My DIY is 10 mg nic.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    I smoked for just over 30 years and started with them nasty Blu cigalikes for about a month, then CE4's with egos. I was able quit smoking when I used an VV ego battery and an Aspire K1 tank.

Also I started with 24mg. down to 12mg. nicotine with tobacco flavor and 6mg. nic with all other flavors.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    40+ year smoker. I tried for about 1 1/2 - 2 years using an e-go type mode and topper to no avail. I even tried a cig-a-like for a while. What finally went to a local shop and chatted at length with the sales person and wound up with a Kanger topper and iTaste VTR and set a stop date of my birthday. I was vaping unflavored juice with 24mg nic. I did not think I would like flavors and didn't try them for the first couple months. I will soon be coming up on 2 years totally cig free and couldn't be happier. When I first started I was MTL and now DTL using 5mg nic with DIY juice, a sort of creamy melon.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    A Go-Go with go-carts / cartos that hold 3ml.
    Ground breaking stuff for the time, 1300mah regulated 3.7v, when the Go Go fury came out it was a completely mind blowing 3.2v ~ 4.8v of raw awesome regulated power.

40+ years of 2 - 2.5 packs per day, started with 36 - 38 mg/ml nic, the go carts had a very airy draw for the time. Dropped to 24 mg/ml nic within 2 weeks.

I can DL any delivery device, mtl/dl is a recent 'label'.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread