Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm with you on, if by some chance I couldn't vape, I would definitely never go back to smoking and I know this for sure. I should of added it to the thread, also asking if you had to quit vaping now, how many would probably go back?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Nope, never to stink from cigarettes again. LOL Too well stocked with vaping supplies for that to happen. Made sure of it.

:)

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I quit with an eGo-T and iClear 16s, then picked up an eGo twist a week or two later, then started reading ECF, and bought some Innokin VV v3s (those were some workhorses for my husband and me for a long time!) and some Protank minis and was off to the races... an MVP, a couple of Provaris, some rebuildable tanks, some Nautilus minis, the iStick ... many iSticks ... then I fell off the wagon for a while, then jumped back on and quit again using the iSticks and nautis. Right now I'm mostly digging KF mini 3s (clones, though I'm aiming for at least one original) on EVic minis and Picos, and I also recently got an adorable Piccoloid as my from-me-to-me Christmas gift :)!

If I couldn't vape, I'd almost surely start smoking again. I could go no-nic (I'm only at 2-3 mg now), but not no-vape. It's a muscle memory thing; I need the vaping/puffing action. I quit smoking many times before I began vaping, but it never lasted more than three months at the longest. Only with vaping have I been able to go for over a year. And hopefully forever.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
innokin-itastevv-clearomiseur-aspire-nautilus-mini-nautilus_3.jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Curious, how many years did you smoke? What type of mod & tank got you to quit cigs? Did you quit doing MTL or DL? And how much nic did you quit with?

40 years, my progression is in my sig line, I quit with a couple Volcano inferno ego type batteries and T3S clearomizers, with 18 mg/ml. It seemed I always had one or two of them batteries charging back then :lol:

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Great thread. Love hearing about the successful vape journeys of others. Myself, 40+ years 1 - 2 packs a day. The last 5 yrs of smoking was RYO with my trusty Top-O-Matic, to keep the cost down. Started with Ego twist styled batt & CE4. That got me almost over the hump. I was down to 3 cigs a day. The first day I didn't take a few cigs to work, as 'back up', I pulled out the vape on break time, to find out the tank had cracked, and all my juice was gone. Major league PO'd. I could have bummed a smoke from someone, but didn't. I sucked it up and made it through the day.

Stopped at my local B&M / Tobacco shop on the way home, and came out with an MVP20 & Nautilus Mini. Three days later, I had my last cig. That was a year & a half ago. I couldn't find a decent commercial tobacco juice to save my life. Sweet stuff wasn't going to do the trick for me. I started searching tobacco DIY on the net, and ran across the Hangsen thread, here on ECF. Pay dirt! Tobacco lovin' DIYers. I jumped in and ordered my DIY gear and supplies, and haven't bought a commercial juice since.

I'll always be a tobacco lover. I'm 62, and it's just part of my circuitry. That's my fix. It works so well for me, that I didn't want to take a chance some weasley bureaucrats, with an agenda, might take this away from me. I came up with a 20 yr stock up plan, that fit my needs and I'm set.

Mentally, I don't feel like I quit smoking at all. I enhanced it!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes, I quit smoking somewhere in 2013 probably July. I recall because 2014 was the first year I could buy health insurance as a non-smoker. I remember calculating my months as a non-smoker to see if I would qualify. (I actually read the policy definitions of "smoking" and "smoker" and "Use of Tobacco".)
So 3 or 4 years and you still think you would go back? I guess like you said, it's because your wife still smokes. That must be really hard that she is still smoking? I seriously don't think I could be with my wife if she still smoked, that's how disgusting I find the smell now, I literally can vomit sometimes when I smell smoke.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
30 year smoker. At an annual doc appointment, doc suggested I try vaping to quit smoking. Went to a local shop and they were really helpful, over priced but I needed their help and appreciated it. I left with a Kanger evod kit, a smok winder, several ego style tanks and 5 different juice flavors all in 12mg. They were great in suggesting multiple batteries so never left without when charging, and multiple flavors to help with urges and vaper tongue. I smoked my last cig 4 days later, 7/26/14.

I still had urges but continued to fight them. I did some research here. One month later I went to another local shop and bought my first Provari with a Nautilus mini, and never looked back. This shop is extremely helpful and prices similar to the net, so win win. Today, and several Provari's later :wub: (and a few others thrown in;))... I'm at 6mg nic, and will never go back to smoking.
Awesome story, well done

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
2010-2011 was the Volcano Magma - worked for a VERY SHORT bit, but just a PITA. Early 2014 I grabbed a Volcano Inferno and found ECF. The real winner was a Vision Spinner and an EVOD. Nic was about 10-ish, but some 0mg, up to 12mg. Settled around 6mg now.

FINALLY - 25 yrs PAD was DONE and GONE. Don't miss the stink and the hacking and wheezing. Like Sugar&Spice, very well stocked now and no going back :)

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
The first vape setup I bought was a Kangertech Subox Mini kit back in 2015 and I vaped on it for a couple of months but it was too weak and I ended up ditching it and going back to cigarettes. I decided to go back to vaping again last September when I bought an IPV6 and a Cleito 120 tank because I hated the idea of rebuilding. When I started to like vaping a lot, though, I decided to buy a Serpent Mini 25 and start leaning how to rebuild and that's when I got hooked. Now I have two mods and I've had about 6 or 7 tanks so far, but I've only kept 3 and hopefully will add more soon.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Detroit Doug and @vapdivrr - TRUTH. It's the "hand to mouth" and the "inhale" simulation, but now I don't stink; my clothes and car and house don't stink. I still have the "habit", but I feel it's much less harmful.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Wow 25 years, One year younger than me :p
Thats excellent but im Not a Fan of the Vision Spinner, i tried the ego twist an it put me off it but if its cured your 25 addiction Thats great well done

Oh, the arsenal - WAY more diverse now ;) I just wish I'd found ECF years ago :D I might have only been a 20-yr smoker ;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So 3 or 4 years and you still think you would go back? I guess like you said, it's because your wife still smokes. That must be really hard that she is still smoking? I seriously don't think I could be with my wife if she still smoked, that's how disgusting I find the smell now, I literally can vomit sometimes when I smell smoke.

@Detroit Doug and @vapdivrr - TRUTH. It's the "hand to mouth" and the "inhale" simulation, but now I don't stink; my clothes and car and house don't stink. I still have the "habit", but I feel it's much less harmful.
Reading both of your posts reminded me of what I had to go through to get rid of the smell of cigarettes from my life. I couldn't stand the smell anymore either, so I had to wash the walls inside my house(washable paint) 3 times before I was happy and I threw away anything I couldn't get the smell out of. I even got a new car....of course, it was a process and took time, but was so glad when I didn't feel like upchucking my lunch anymore. LOL
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread