Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Reading both of your posts reminded me of what I had to go through to get rid of the smell of cigarettes from my life. I couldn't stand the smell anymore either, so I had to wash the walls inside my house(washable paint) 3 times before I was happy and I threw away anything I couldn't get the smell out of. I even got a new car....of course, it was a process and took time, but was so glad when I didn't feel like upchucking my lunch anymore. LOL
:)

I actually quit smoking in my house around 2011. Still have the same car, but it smells like a bakery now :lol: When I traveled on business and opened my suitcase, BLERGH. Don't have that issue any more! I can sure smell cig smoke now (and those who have just finished a smoke.)

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Curious, how many years did you smoke? What type of mod & tank got you to quit cigs? Did you quit doing MTL or DL? And how much nic did you quit with?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Smoked about a PAD for 20 years. Started trying with a "fifty-one" cig alike, off an on for a year or so. Tried the original mark10 but tasted like burning hair to me. Fell in love with the vuse but couldn't break the 'log habit. A buddy started one of the first true vape shops in town, so I picked up a Kanger evod (ego) with protank and a couple juices in the 12 -18 mg range. About 2 or 3 weeks later, I was able to put down those danged awful smelly sticks. Strictly MTL. Not long after, I jumped onto my first box mod, the First K-Box.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Curious, how many years did you smoke? What type of mod & tank got you to quit cigs? Did you quit doing MTL or DL? And how much nic did you quit with?

Tried to quit with CE4s and ego's, blu, kangertech Emow, vaporfi tobacco flavors at 24 to 36 mg nic what finally kept me off cigs though was Nautilus mini and NET ejuice at 24 mg nic. Hate fruity flavors but like Net tobaccos, custard flavors and some mints. Vape MTL. Smoked many years since I was 15, haven't smoked in two years. Significant improvement in lung health. :)

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Today, I can't imagine anything which would make me want to light up a cigarette ... not even depriving me of vaping. Not even having the worst President in the history of the USA inaugurated.
Fortunately Hillary lost so that didn't happen. ;) What say we leave our politics out of this so I won't be compelled to respond? :D

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Dont know What a provari Looks like, hadnt heard of it till i came on here
Provari is probably one of the most popular quality American made mod ever. Evolve made the first regulated device which was I believe the darwin, but it was a funky shape. Provari then made their own chip and made it in a tube mod. When I bought my first provari 5 or 6 years ago, I thought it never could get better

Reactions: David Wolf

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
With the vape and after I finally quit completely, it has not been hard. As for the very lovely Mrs CMD, I can't conceive of a life without her. At seventy-two, I have spent half of my life with her and it has been the best half.

So 3 or 4 years and you still think you would go back? I guess like you said, it's because your wife still smokes. That must be really hard that she is still smoking? I seriously don't think I could be with my wife if she still smoked, that's how disgusting I find the smell now, I literally can vomit sometimes when I smell smoke.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
So 3 or 4 years and you still think you would go back? I guess like you said, it's because your wife still smokes. That must be really hard that she is still smoking? I seriously don't think I could be with my wife if she still smoked, that's how disgusting I find the smell now, I literally can vomit sometimes when I smell smoke.

I made the wife sleep on the couch a couple times.

Never wanted to be one of those people.

But it would gag me and keep me up trying to be considerate to her.

Unfortunately for her, that put my own and the lives of anyone on the highway with me at danger.

I needed good rest in my own bed to insure I'd stay alive.

Wasn't long before she switched too.

;)

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Provari is probably one of the most popular quality American made mod ever. Evolve made the first regulated device which was I believe the darwin, but it was a funky shape. Provari then made their own chip and made it in a tube mod. When I bought my first provari 5 or 6 years ago, I thought it never could get better

IIRC, the actual chip was the only part China sourced.

But they engineered their own board, designed and produced their own tubes and assembled everything in house in Washington state.

Provari fanatics would flip when they claimed Chinese stuff was junk then were given that little chip as a rebuttal.

Tapatyped

Reactions: vapdivrr

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Smoked ~42 years
Never planned to quit again after multiple tries failed.
Then I had health issues that ended up with my hands bad enough that I was dropping lit cigarettes on me, on the furniture, on the floor, etc. and I had to quit before I set myself or the house on fire. (Then 3 months later had a chimney fire that totaled the house.)

I was lucky enough to find ECF before I spent any money and asked about what might work for someone with wonky hands.

I ended up getting two Innokin VV v3s a Kanger Unitank (basically a top fill protank) and some evods, etc.
Started at 18 mg which sort of worked, but didn't quit all the way until I got 26 mg.
MTL then and still.

Over the last 3 years I tried a number of 'bigger and better' setups, but they never worked well with my hand problems. Somewhere in there I found the Anyvape Davide clearo, and liked the airy draw.

I did start DIY liquid, and am now mixing at ~16-18 mg. I tried cutting back, but that didn't work out for me.

I ended up as a confirmed tootle-puffer, so my stockpile for the vapocalypse is a bunch of VV v3s and a bunch of Davides and a couple of liters of nicotine. I'm also stocking up on the protank coils that the davide uses. I doubt I'll be any good at making coils, but I've got a jig and am getting some more wire just in case, and am trying to pick an RTA that's easy to use.

And a drawer full of the 'bigger and better' mods, and my protanks, mini-protanks, evods and other experiments as additional backup.

Royalgipsy

Dec 7, 2016
I guess I jumped on the fast moving train after 26 years. But I was at 60 red cancersticks a day when my good friend came in with a reuleux 200s and a smok tfv8 cloud beast on top, with a t8 coil filled with a Swedish brands flavour called Angeldust (I know). I chocked my lungs out the first vape.. And in hours it got better and I felt it was giving me what I needed.. So next day I went out and bought the exact setup he had.. And actually I still love it, but my oh my goodness there is so much to desire with nice clouds and flavour.. I am the kind of guy that wants to try it all.. So instead of saving money from quitting a filthy habbit I use them to feed my very much healthier hobby..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread