What device got you off cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Hey not a bad thing at all the rx200s is on my wish list, an i dont actually think its that big either. Looks like it Would be comfortable in the hand.
I dont like tiny mods like the istick mini, they dissappear in the hand.
I like a firm grasp, the g priv fits Nice.
Just dont wanna put it in my pocket at risk of even a tiny risk.
Gonna use my osub for out an about, has an internal battery of over 3000mah so keeps me going for a while when im out

Reactions: Royalgipsy

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
Shot after first puff.
Reuleaux 2/3 Baby Beast q2 coil and thank God I found a flavor I loved in 6mg. Quickly lost the analog urges in a little over a week.

100_9876.JPG

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
I quit with a MTL setup I bought at a chain called "Smoker Friendly". No one there knew beans about vaping, I now realize, but they had a device that produced enough satisfaction that I quit buying cigs after almost 40 years of two packs a day. I used banana nut bread liquid at 18%, I think it was, or maybe even 21%. I think the device itself was a rebranded Kanger, with a VV adjustment on the bottom. It would never stay where I put it, which was always at the highest setting. I used that thing for several months, then discovered subohming at real vapor store, where I bought a Joyetech Ego ONE and a Kanger tank. I also switched to Halo liquids (specifically Belgian Cocoa) and a 0.5 ohm coil.

Reactions: vapdivrr

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
It's funny about juices... when I first started over 6 years ago I wanted whatever tasted like a cig. After maybe a year I hated tobaccos and went to fruits, then to bakery, then was big on custards. I went back to fruits, but in the past year I'm back to tobaccos (but sweet types)

Sweet tobacco is my favorite, too, but I'll occasionally vape something fruity to reset my palate. I do love the taste of tobacco, though.

Reactions: David Wolf

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
I tried just about every flavor for months...my all day is Death By Chocolate. Who would have thunk it?!

Heh! My first ADV (by choice; my very first was because it was all I could stand) was Halo's Belgian Cocoa. I still love it, but don't buy it often. I'll have to check out DbC, because there's an ice cream with that name.

Reactions: HemiHonda

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sweet tobacco is my favorite, too, but I'll occasionally vape something fruity to reset my palate. I do love the taste of tobacco, though.
Really digging a few lately, indigos oohra and uncle cutty and hhvs dragons fire

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@Detroit Doug and @vapdivrr - TRUTH. It's the "hand to mouth" and the "inhale" simulation, but now I don't stink; my clothes and car and house don't stink. I still have the "habit", but I feel it's much less harmful.
Agreed...... some say it's not about the nic because if so many would have quit with gums or patches, but imo it is and once you add that to what you said, it makes all the difference

Reactions: DingerCPA

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Started off with CE4+ and ego battery at 24mg, but that wasn't working. What really got me off was good old RSST, on mech mod with 12mg strength. Month later i was on 9, another month went down on 6 and then every 3 month i would cut back for 0.5mg. For the last year i manage to go down from 2mg to 1 mg. If i cut down to 0.5 i get huge craving, so now im stucked lol.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
Really digging a few lately, indigos oohra and uncle cutty and hhvs dragons fire

I've got the Indigo on my shopping list, and I'll look at the Dragon Fire. Thanks!

If you haven't already, you should try Tribeca, from Halo. It's the first tobacco I liked, and I was hooked after one puff. I make myself vape other flavors, but Tribeca remains my absolute favorite.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I've got the Indigo on my shopping list, and I'll look at the Dragon Fire. Thanks!

If you haven't already, you should try Tribeca, from Halo. It's the first tobacco I liked, and I was hooked after one puff. I make myself vape other flavors, but Tribeca remains my absolute favorite.
Thats funny, I'm actually vaping some tribecca right now! Yes it's another one of my favs and have tried a diy version which came out pretty good but after like a week of steeping turned kind of funky.

Reactions: Eskie

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Curious, how many years did you smoke? What type of mod & tank got you to quit cigs? Did you quit doing MTL or DL? And how much nic did you quit with?

I got me off cigarettes. If you want to know what device did I transfer my addiction to now that's a different question. An Evic Mini with a Crown 1 tank, DTL only, and 18 mg.

Reactions: vapdivrr

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
What a start, my first was a cigalike then started again.
Couple of years down line, got an ego, then an evod, then a couple months later my first vw a kanger topbox which i quit on for a while.
Ive been on an off for 7 years an i started vaping again a year ago.
So Yeah a year off cigs which is longest Ive done an tbh sometimes slip up an have a smoke with booze

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Smoked about 11 years. An ego and ts3 got me off initially and an mvp 2.0 with a protank 2 got me off completely. I haven't used the mvp 2.0 in years but I know it still works. I may have to bust it out and throw a micro coil in a kayfun to reminisce a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread