What did I do to my batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
Alberta Canada
i was charging two lg hg2 batteries which I have done many times. It usually takes about 5 hours in my nitecore. I put them in at about 730 this morning and set a timer but forgot about them and just realized it. It 330 pm now. I took them off charger which was shut off (no readout - says "all" when done usually). I tried one in my mod and there is no power. Did I fry them or overcharge? The nitecore has never overcharged. If I let them sit will they start working again. I'm afraid now to try them in a mod.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Sounds like something is up with the charger. I've left batteries in my D2 chargers overnight by accident, and the "ALL" message was still showing. My D4 stopped working by randomly shutting off one day and then continuing to do so for another couple weeks till I finally got rid of it. It may be that yours shut off in a similar manner shortly after you inserted the cells and didn't charge them back up as a result. Like r77 said, I'd check them on a multimeter (if you have one available) and see what voltage they read, before going any further.

edit: Or if you have another mod available that has a battery gauge or voltage display, you could take a peek at them that way.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For future reference if your charger is working correctly it will not overcharge your batteries no matter how long you leave them in there. Either your charger didn't charge them or your device has a problem. You can pick up a multi meter for a few bucks and it is well worth the price for the peace of mind you will get from knowing what is going on with your batteries.

Reactions: Rossum

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Ok so I quickly ran to the vape shop. My charger was pooched and he checked he batteries and they showed nothing. I gave the owner my old charger and the 2 batteries and bought a new charger. He gave me 2 new samsung 25r for free so I thought that was awesome.
Always nice when they can help out like that. :D

Reactions: bnrkwest

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ok so I quickly ran to the vape shop. My charger was pooched and he checked he batteries and they showed nothing. I gave the owner my old charger and the 2 batteries and bought a new charger. He gave me 2 new samsung 25r for free so I thought that was awesome.
    A popular battery acquired at a common vape shop requires authentication.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread