Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I had a strange experience a little while ago.

A friend from work who also vapes (and is new to vaping) has a little bottle of clear liquid and he wasn't sure what it was but wanted to know if he should keep it or throw it out and reuse the bottle with a liquid he wanted to have on him for a night out).

Anyway considering myself an experienced vaper I sniffed the juice and it almost made me nauseous. The bottle was labelled 'strawberry' 0mg but apparently my colleagues supplier gave him some 'nicotine juice'. Being new to vaping he didn't know exactly what it was. To my nose it seemed to be a strong mint. It smelled like a very strong mint but I was sure it was not mint.

Instead of trusting my senses and staying right away from the liquid my vapor junkie mode clicked into gear and I put a couple of drops in an old 306 atomizer and had a vape.

As soon as that vaper hit my throat and lungs I felt immediately nauseous and sick. It didn't taste like strawberry or mint. It tasted like a strong chemical. It produced Vapor so there was definitely VG or PG.

I had to sit down for a few minutes. I was actually concerned for my health for a moment. I've had strong nicotine hits before but this was on another level. I was wondering if I just vaped arsenic. After about 5 minutes I was gradually improving but didn't feel like vaping for a while and felt a bit off for a few hours later.

I've messed around with old juices, juices I couldn't identify to a purchase just lurking in my juice storage boxes and old nicotine but this was something else. I almost felt like I was going to collapse.

Did I vape 100 mg unflavored nicotine?

I think I will be more careful in future. As someone who has Vaped for several years you would think I should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I guess you like to live dangerously. Was there a strong burning in your throat and lungs?

LRBrQQJ.jpg

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
a little bottle of clear liquid and he wasn't sure what it was

:eek:

This would be like cleaning out an old house and finding some liquid in an old water bottle and ........drinking it.

I am glad you are alive to tell this story.

"We" can't tell you what was in that bottle, not sure why you are even asking. How would anybody here know?????

Or is this a ruse story so we can all lament that now vendors have to give the customer nicotine to add to their 0mg elquids? If so, you accomplished whatever you set out to accomplish, but I don't think this would be quite the way I would go about it.

But really, glad you are okay.....at least enough to write about it.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I guess you like to live dangerously. Was there a strong burning in your throat and lungs?

LRBrQQJ.jpg

No not really. It had throat hit but it wasn't a powerful throat hit. I took that vape at about 7 watts with a 1.5 ohm 306 coil. It produced little vapor but nearly knocked me off my feet.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
:eek:

This would be like cleaning out an old house and finding some liquid in an old water bottle and ........drinking it.

I am glad you are alive to tell this story.

"We" can't tell you what was in that bottle, not sure why you are even asking. How would anybody here know?????

Or is this a ruse story so we can all lament that now vendors have to give the customer nicotine to add to their 0mg elquids? If so, you accomplished whatever you set out to accomplish, but I don't think this would be quite the way I would go about it.

But really, glad you are okay.....at least enough to write about it.

I am actually curious. I am hoping to hear some kind of account of other such stories and from those who also may have accidentally vaped 100 mg nicotine. Also, this is the first time I have vaped something this toxic which was sold to someone I know as a vaping liquid. That guy is a
complete newbie to vaping. He could easily have stuck that it in his sub ohm tank and taken an inhale. He is so novice that when he smelled the liquid his concern was that it didn't smell good, not that it might be toxic.

I have been vaping for several years and I've had nicotine highs before. Some were caused from over vaping all day or vaping liquid that had misrepresented nicotine levels or perhaps were old, but that is the first time one single inhale has affected me like that. So I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I had a strange experience a little while ago.

A friend from work who also vapes (and is new to vaping) has a little bottle of clear liquid and he wasn't sure what it was but wanted to know if he should keep it or throw it out and reuse the bottle with a liquid he wanted to have on him for a night out).

Anyway considering myself an experienced vaper I sniffed the juice and it almost made me nauseous. The bottle was labelled 'strawberry' 0mg but apparently my colleagues supplier gave him some 'nicotine juice'. Being new to vaping he didn't know exactly what it was. To my nose it seemed to be a strong mint. It smelled like a very strong mint but I was sure it was not mint.

Instead of trusting my senses and staying right away from the liquid my vapor junkie mode clicked into gear and I put a couple of drops in an old 306 atomizer and had a vape.

As soon as that vaper hit my throat and lungs I felt immediately nauseous and sick. It didn't taste like strawberry or mint. It tasted like a strong chemical. It produced Vapor so there was definitely VG or PG.

I had to sit down for a few minutes. I was actually concerned for my health for a moment. I've had strong nicotine hits before but this was on another level. I was wondering if I just vaped arsenic. After about 5 minutes I was gradually improving but didn't feel like vaping for a while and felt a bit off for a few hours later.

I've messed around with old juices, juices I couldn't identify to a purchase just lurking in my juice storage boxes and old nicotine but this was something else. I almost felt like I was going to collapse.

Did I vape 100 mg unflavored nicotine?

I think I will be more careful in future. As someone who has Vaped for several years you would think I should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you SURE he is a friend? :unsure:

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
If I vape anything over 48mg/ml I get a bad case of the hiccups. Effects of nicotine vary widely from person to person, some may not be affected by higher strengths while others may be intolerant of all but the lowest strengths. Its difficult for any of us to say what it was you vaped, but it could've been anything. Toss it out and chalk it up to a learning experience.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
If the bottle is still around and your that concerned (guess I would be too), perhaps there is a way to get it tested to ease your mind? Glad your ok though.

Oh no, that bottle went straight down the sink and I warned my colleague that it was very toxic and dangerous. I immediately rinsed the atomizer under water and both the atomizer and the drip tip will be going into a vodka bath.

I am not even convinced that was solely very strong nicotine juice. For all I know it was 200 mg nicotine or there was something else in the liquid. I just couldn't believe how one small puff could affect me like that. I inhaled that on at 7 watts. It was a mere small puff.

Reactions: smacuser

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hard to know what is was, especially after you understandably dumped it. Regardless of the label, when you said your friend's supplier gave him "nic juice", was this a vape shop? I know there are tight restrictions in Australia about vaping, but if this came from some "black market" supplier individual rather than a regular business, then it's a roll of the dice as to what he received.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am glad you are OK now. If it was bought it from a shop and not just from someone on the street I would have to contact the shop to see what is going on. I guess shops are as rare as hens teeth in Australia but if it was from a shop they need to be called out on it. It could very well be just super high mg nic.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That guy is a complete newbie to vaping. He could easily have stuck that it in his sub ohm tank and taken an inhale. He is so novice that when he smelled the liquid his concern was that it didn't smell good, not that it might be toxic.
Hopefully you will get to the bottom of this before someone does exactly what you are glad your friend didn't do. When it comes to something like this we really are our brothers keeper or at least his helper.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Oh no, that bottle went straight down the sink and I warned my colleague that it was very toxic and dangerous. I immediately rinsed the atomizer under water and both the atomizer and the drip tip will be going into a vodka bath.
Did you seek medical attention? You should have had the liquid tested.
Does Australia have our equivalent of a poison control center?
IMHO posting about your experience on the internet is more counter
productive than seeking professional medical help and having the suspect
liquid analyzed for your own safety. The outcome would have made a
very interesting and informative post.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
What a great thread to start some fear mongering. No picture of the bottle, just a description of something a friend got from a friend...for all anyone knows that could have been strait concentrated flavoring. If you really want to know what it was, you'll need to talk to your friends friend, and ask, hoping that the answer is truthful.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What a great thread to start some fear mongering. No picture of the bottle, just a description of something a friend got from a friend...for all anyone knows that could have been strait concentrated flavoring. If you really want to know what it was, you'll need to talk to your friends friend, and ask, hoping that the answer is truthful.

I don't think it's really fear mongering. What the OP stated was they vaped a liquid with no idea what was in bottle. It could have been nic, it could have been water, or any liquid chemical toxic or not. Sounds like the basic lesson you'd teach your child, don't eat/drink/taste/(vape) anything if you don't know what it is and where it's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread