Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I don't think it's really fear mongering. What the OP stated was they vaped a liquid with no idea what was in bottle. It could have been nic, it could have been water, or any liquid chemical toxic or not. Sounds like the basic lesson you'd teach your child, don't eat/drink/taste/(vape) anything if you don't know what it is and where it's from.
Good point, I can see it that way now. I can also see that a post like this in a public eye viewable forum gives credence to the FDA's concerns about mis branded and adulterated products justifying their onerous compliance requirements in the deeming.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Good point, I can see it that way now. I can also see that a post like this in a public eye viewable forum gives credence to the FDA's concerns about mis branded and adulterated products justifying their onerous compliance requirements in the deeming.

Stuff like this can always be twisted if you have an agenda. It's like exploding batteries. The fact that common sense and basic precautions were not followed isn't nearly as interesting as 'OMG it blew up in their pocket!".

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
If it was 100mg nic likely it would have tasted like pepper and someone shoving a pinecone down your throat. And a subsequent head rush.

Could have been spoiled flavoring. Was it thick or thin consistency?

How about you ask whoever gave the stuff to your friend?

Actually nevermind just do that lol

Last edited:

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
That guy is a
complete newbie to vaping. He could easily have stuck that it in his sub ohm tank and taken an inhale. He is so novice that when he smelled the liquid his concern was that it didn't smell good, not that it might be toxic.

Lol. That "newbie" at least had the smarts not to vape a completely unknown liquid like his "experienced" friend.

Wow. Do you normally do crap like this?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Australia, man, you folks have it rough out there anyway without having to go through this nonsense.

I recently made a joke about finding a spent bottle of eliquid and picking it up to see if there was any usable juice left inside; not so funny now.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014

And it's going to result in more people vaping unknown fluids. If you know where it's coming from, existing law should be able to deal with problems as fraud, negligence, etc.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    Did your ejuice look like this?

poison_doom_brn_original.jpg

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Was there any kind of label on the bottle?
    Okay, so I just reread your original post that there was a label.
    So could you give more info on that?

Yes there was. It was a 5ml bottle that said 'Strawberry, 0mg'. It looked like a Hangsen or Dekang bottle. The contents were definitely not reflected in the label.

I think it was mostly nicotine. I was nicotine high for about 12 hours afterwards. I could feel it in my stomach. But I am surprised that even 100 mg nicotine would have this effect. After all, it's only 6 puffs of 18mg liquid. Though I do understand that nicotine, like many other drugs, has a compounding effect on health detriments in big doses over very short periods of time.

Reactions: Eskie and MMW

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Hard to know what is was, especially after you understandably dumped it. Regardless of the label, when you said your friend's supplier gave him "nic juice", was this a vape shop? I know there are tight restrictions in Australia about vaping, but if this came from some "black market" supplier individual rather than a regular business, then it's a roll of the dice as to what he received.

Yeah you are spot on. My understanding was that it came from a vape shop of some description who sold him that bottle 'under counter'. You are also correct about the strict regulations in Australia on the sale of nicotine.

Reactions: Eskie and MMW

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Did you seek medical attention? You should have had the liquid tested.
    Does Australia have our equivalent of a poison control center?
    IMHO posting about your experience on the internet is more counter
    productive than seeking professional medical help and having the suspect
    liquid analyzed for your own safety. The outcome would have made a
    very interesting and informative post.
    :2c:
    Regards
    Mike

No, I didn't seek medical attention but if my condition didn't improve quickly I would have.

I don't know if we have a poisons control centre in Australia but honestly, I am pretty sure it was super high nicotine. I believe it was because I was nicotine high for a good while after I took that inhale.

Reactions: Eskie

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    What a great thread to start some fear mongering. No picture of the bottle, just a description of something a friend got from a friend...for all anyone knows that could have been strait concentrated flavoring. If you really want to know what it was, you'll need to talk to your friends friend, and ask, hoping that the answer is truthful.

Well, I am not sure what the alarm is all about. After all, isn't half of the American vaping public stockpiling 100 mg nicotine anyway? I did say I believed it was 100 mg nicotine but wanted to gauge whether anyone else has vaped, intentionally or accidentally 100 mg nicotine to compare experiences.

The other thing is, I am in Australia, far far away from American Vape shops and with the deeming regulations already underway I don't expect anything untoward going on down under is going to make a difference at all in the US.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Yes there was. It was a 5ml bottle that said 'Strawberry, 0mg'. It looked like a Hangsen or Dekang bottle. The contents were definitely not reflected in the label.

I think it was mostly nicotine. I was nicotine high for about 12 hours afterwards. I could feel it in my stomach. But I am surprised that even 100 mg nicotine would have this effect. After all, it's only 6 puffs of 18mg liquid. Though I do understand that nicotine, like many other drugs, has a compounding effect on health detriments in big doses over very short periods of time.
    12 hours?! Maybe m___? <crystal amp stuff>

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I've vaped 100mg for a couple weeks when I had nothing else.(4.2v@1.5ohms) I had no problem with it, didn't taste great and I vaped considerably less than normal, but I had no issues. Doesn't mean someone else wouldn't have problems with it though.

That's just crazy. You didn't get nicotine sick?

The thing is I can handle 18-24 mg nicotine no problem at about 9 watts.

I am confused about what it was. I didn't get a nicotine type burn in my throat or chest. It was a mild burning sensation not greater than say a 18 mg dose and then a sensation of impending doom and nausea for a moment with minor jitters the way I can often get them when I am nicotine high.

Reactions: Eskie

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2011
    Virtualville
    That's just crazy. You didn't get nicotine sick?

No, I didn't get sick, but it was clear that I wasn't going to be able to vape nearly as much as I was used to. One or two hits every once in a while compared to the usual unfettered chain vaping. I'm sure if I tried to vape at normal intervals I would of had negative effects.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2016
    And it's going to result in more people vaping unknown fluids. If you know where it's coming from, existing law should be able to deal with problems as fraud, negligence, etc.

Oh my goodness how can you say that? Hasn't the war on drugs shown us how well the government can protect us all from bad vendors and products.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread