What did you want (more then anything!) for Christmas, when you were a kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
This is really going to date me.....

Anybody remember these.....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Mechanical_sankyo_pachinko_machine.jpg

Or one of these....
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...TjOFEeVn_DKjXqLV-Sa_1S12fJMXtXBW6Y16u25w8E3kA

After spending a summer in Hawaii riding my cousin's skateboard I really wanted one of these. Back then a skateboard on the mainland was basically just that, a board with some metal skate wheels on it. The Makaha was one of the first plastic boards with a raised tail on it, adjustable wide trucks and polyurethane wheels.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtn1Z4jDQa38KN2ubQpoMS9L1Jrl0jiUWfRQmRqBL4kLY6LkW_nQ

Last edited:

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Harmony acoustic guitar in the holiday Sears catalogue, $19.95. Anyone remember that annual 10-pound literary opus? Was fun for kids drooling over the latest toys. Yeah Plark, I was just like Ralphie only dreaming of a guitar.

Did get that crummy guit one Xmas, which somehow still led to the lifetime of performing and recording and groupies I've enjoyed so much. Thanks, Mom & Dad.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
Ahahaha....
We had a pachinko machine growing up.
I don't know what the second item is... a kitchen timer?
I made a skateboard in shop class using laminated oak and walnut ... basically a 15lb chopping block on bad-... slalom trucks and wheels! LOL Skateboards were just coming into vogue in Dallas in the early 80s'.

P.S. I made a motorcycle service stand in metal shop... to lift a dirtbike by its center frame. Out of bar stock and plate armor steel. The thing must have weighed in at <40lbs! Might have lifted a car, if my crappy welds weren't so, uhm, crappy. :D

Last edited:

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
Red Ryder aside....

I'm too young to remember, but I'm told I really wanted one of those plastic ponies on a stand... the type that had 4 springs on each corner that would pinch a finger ten-ways to Tuesday. I got it.

I remember wanting a wood burning kit. Basically a soldering iron and some hunks of plywood.

I also remember wanting money... so that I could buy:
1) elton john's "Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road" 2 LP set
2) a dissection kit and a subject in formaldehyde to dissect.

I got #1 at "Peaches Records & Tapes" and #2 at the local/corner drugstore... a pickled perch to be exact.

I remember watching Star Trek (the original series) between rounds of PONG.

Yes, I recently celebrated my 3rd Annual 45th birthday.

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
For my parents to not fight during it.

:cry::cry:

Harmony acoustic guitar in the holiday Sears catalogue, $19.95. Anyone remember that annual 10-pound literary opus? Was fun for kids drooling over the latest toys.

Ooh! Ooh! I loved that Sears Christmas Catalogue!! I remember scurrying downstairs to the family room with it every year, and lovingly going through every page, wide-eyed with all the possibilities!! :) (And yes, it did feel as if it weighed as much as I did! :laugh:)

I don't recall wanting specific toys (other than a beautiful big plastic Black Stallion), but I do remember two of my all-time favorite presents (and they were both surprises -- YAY SANTA! :D): a miniature China tea set, and a little-girl "life sized" blackboard that flipped over on its stand (one side was black, the other dark green), complete with a big set of colored chalks!! :2cool:

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I wanted one of those bikes that had the banana seat and butterfly handle bars , I thought I was the coolest kid on the block .
:laugh::laugh: I DID get one of those and was SUPER COOL with it :laugh::laugh: until I slid sideways into the mailbox. :blink: still have a scar on the side of my knee :unsure: It was Purple with a white seat and streamers off the handle bars :smokie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread