What did you want (more then anything!) for Christmas, when you were a kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
I wanted a Chatty Cathy doll too MK! I remember when I got it that's when I figured out there was no Santa, Easter Bunny,etc. I loved that goofy doll for about a month,eh I liked riding my stingray and climbing trees more.
I aslo wanted and got a EZ Bake oven, the kind with the lightbulb as the heat source. As soon as all the cake mixes and such were gone I was back outside :D

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Yes, definitely a train set! And slot car set. Any Beatles album. Hockey or baseball equipment. Then another guit, this one electric. And a 5-watt POS amp. And to go way way back, let's not forget the Fighting Lady battleship, with guns that really shot... little red plastic balls. Used all of the above until they eventually wore out, and that says a lot. Good memories, MK. Thanks.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
These are great memories..for the most part. I was an advanced reader, by the time I was 9 I had read every book in the house (mom liked having books for show..not reading them.) I had already read "Naked and the dead" By then (no naked, a few dead and no cussing). So what did I get for Christmas that year? Books, the Bobbsy Twins, the Hardy boys and Nancy Drew! LOL Read them and loved them..but I was too far advanced to read any more of them.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
I got a lionel train set no plastics all cast..My little sister played with it to.I thought that was neat..I showed her how to set it up..:)

Oh that reminds me! Me and my little sis got a SlotCar set. The old kind where the cars were at least 4" wide and 8" long.... and you could actually get them to drift, and if your aren't careful spin out. Ah the smell of ozone in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread