What DIY/e-liquid calculator are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I use Hotrod's calculator. New Calculator to try
I have used various others and they were all lacking in one way or another. Some were slow, some required too many steps to get the recipe results, some just didn't work.
This one keeps inventory, prints, does labels, by weight, etc, etc.
It is as simple as you want to make or can be as involved as you want.
The author is a heck of a nice guy who has almost infinite patience and is VERY responsive to requests.
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate it!:thumbs:

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I use HotRod19579's Juice Calculator as well.
I tested at least 4 or 5 different calculators in the beginning but Rod's enthusiasm and dedication to fixes and features for juice Calculator made his calculator the best choice IMO.

At this point, I do not think there is another DIY calculator that comes even close to the feature rich capabilities of juice Calculator.
Rod constantly provides "free" support and updates to juice Calculator. Most of his updates are for added features rather than bug fixes so there is rarely a requirement to update if one is satisfied with the current state of the program. I would still recommend updating to remain sure your install has the latest features.

You can download Juice Calculator from the link posted in Rod's first post to his thread labeled "Download links:"

New Calculator to try

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Vape Tool Pro. Free app in the google store. Works for me.
Vape Tool is free, Vape Tool Pro is $3.99, which do you have? Is the Pro really better than the Free version? I downloaded the Free version to look at, but would like more info from someone using it before I spend a lot of time entering ingredients and recipes. Does it track inventory of ingredients?

icharus29

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
Vape Tool is free, Vape Tool Pro is $3.99, which do you have? Is the Pro really better than the Free version? I downloaded the Free version to look at, but would like more info from someone using it before I spend a lot of time entering ingredients and recipes. Does it track inventory of ingredients?

I have the pro version. Must have bought it right out of the gate, so I'm not sure how they compare. Pro has all relevant units of measurement (ml, grams, %, drops). It will track ingredients. Stores recipes. Has mechanisms for sharing. Has a coil calculator, Ohm's Law calculator, and a few other features. I've been pretty happy with it.

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just came across a new one yesterday. I tried it this morning but it has a few "kinks" that need to be worked out. They have already responded to a few of my emails and stated that it will be more user friendly by tomorrow. Calculates volume and weight and IMO has promise.

Not sure of the rules posting the link so if interested, search iVape.TV

Reactions: 28if

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Not sure of the rules posting the link
Best way is to try. If you see your attached link changed to a string of dots like "......." then it is an unacceptable link. It becomes bad manners (and against forum rules) when you then try to work around the auto-filters by "creatively" re-posting the link with different spelling and/or symbols in an attempt to beat the filters. That will get you scolded, suspended, or banned.

I believe this is the one you were referring to: eJuice Calculator - iVape.TV
https://www.ivape.tv/ejuice-calculator/
Thanks for taking the time to point out a new on-line calc. :D

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Name of calculator:
Juice Calculator created by ECF member @HotRod19579

Link to download source for calculator:
Juice Calculator

What I like about this calculator (features & Benefits):
In addition to the user comments above, I have found the Location field to be indispensable. With over 200 flavors it is nearly impossible to have an enjoyable mix session without order. I have my flavors separated into Sterlite tubs with Lids; assigned a Alpha character to each and begin number the contents with '1'. So I want FA Lemon Sicily, my Location in the calculator shows as A45 - go to box 'A' and pull out 45 - Done.

Anything else I feel might be helpful to know:
I have been mixing for a couple of years and have used a few different calculators. They are all good for making the calculations, it is the additional features in Juice Calculator that keeps me using it. Notes, Locations, Cloud file Save, etc...

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Name of calculator:
Juice Calculator created by ECF member @HotRod19579

Link to download source for calculator:
Juice Calculator

What I like about this calculator (features & Benefits):
In addition to the user comments above, I have found the Location field to be indispensable. With over 200 flavors it is nearly impossible to have an enjoyable mix session without order. I have my flavors separated into Sterlite tubs with Lids; assigned a Alpha character to each and begin number the contents with '1'. So I want FA Lemon Sicily, my Location in the calculator shows as A45 - go to box 'A' and pull out 45 - Done.

Anything else I feel might be helpful to know:
I have been mixing for a couple of years and have used a few different calculators. They are all good for making the calculations, it is the additional features in Juice Calculator that keeps me using it. Notes, Locations, Cloud file Save, etc...
Nice write up. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!:thumbs:

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Best way is to try. If you see your attached link changed to a string of dots like "......." then it is an unacceptable link. It becomes bad manners (and against forum rules) when you then try to work around the auto-filters by "creatively" re-posting the link with different spelling and/or symbols in an attempt to beat the filters. That will get you scolded, suspended, or banned.

I believe this is the one you were referring to: eJuice Calculator - iVape.TV
Thanks for taking the time to point out a new on-line calc. :D

It is and thanks for the schooling!

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread