what do i do when we go camping

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by rescued, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rescued

rescued Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Going camping in June for a Fri,sat, and Sunday. How will I vape while there? Don't think 2 batteries will last long enough. Not in a position to buy more batts just yet...

2. sailorman

sailorman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Will you have access to a car, or are you "roughing it"? If you're near a car, you can get a car adapter for your charger. If not, you'll need a solar charger. But, if you can't buy batteries, I'm sure that won't help you much. I'm afraid you're going to be stuck. Get some snus so you don't lapse back into analogs and ration your vaping. That's about all you can do.

3. potholerepairman

potholerepairman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    by june you will be so hooked the battery will not be an issue , the smell of any one smoking a cig will get your skin up more than a bear or a sheet stealer, congrats and good luck

4. YoureFired

YoureFired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'd stop off at a gas station and pick up a couple of disposable type ecigs to help get me through the weekend. I still like the Logic ecigs I picked up at a liquor store when I first started vaping. They were $11 each, though and one hardly lasted a full day.

Expensive.. but hey, so are cigs.

5. rescued

well, my car charger for my cell phone has a USB port on it. i can charge through that yes?

6. dlsw

dlsw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You could get something like this solar power usb charger It'd help with cell phones, ipods, etc. I also like You'reFired's idea of having a couple of disposables as back up, just in case. If you don't like the solar powered charger, you could always try one of these: airemask.jpg LOL

7. misterkai

misterkai Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

That should work. Give it a try before you go!

8. rescued

9. rescued

your profile picture is DOPE!!!! i like that shot!

10. sailorman

sailorman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Yep. That should work as long as your car charger puts out 5V.

11. Boognish

Boognish Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What kind of batteries/pv do you use? If you can't afford extra batteries then you prolly can't afford expensive smokes either:confused:. You have a month to save up $25... If you use 510 style, get a couple of cheap ego style 1000mAh batteries and you'll always have them as a backup in the future. You may find them cheaper than this, but here the first site I found....Good luck!
    Joye eGo Manual Battery (650mAh 900mAh 1000mAh) - $12.56 : My Ecig Supply, The best place to get e-cigarette, e-liquid, e-juice, joye 510, joye ego, joye 510-t, Joye ego-t, cartomizers, electronic cigarettes, and much more!

12. misterkai

misterkai Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran

I think that charger you linked to will be just fine...

13. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, you should be fine with your phone adapter (like misterkai said, test it out first). I was worried about my first camping trip as a new vaper last summer... I picked up a car lighter/usb adapter from harbor freight for $5, and it worked out great. Really, it was no different than being at home. I had batteries in rotation over a four day trip without a problem.

14. Snus

Snus Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yep, I think a usb car charger should work just fine. I love to camp, so I have an inverter. Plugs right into your car's lighter port and you can attach a regular house cord to it. Probably more than you would like to spend though. However, having one of these when camping comes in really handy! You can plug in smaller stuff, like chargers, lights, etc. I always have rechargeables for my flashlights, too, so I can charge those up if need be!

Definitely test first though and make sure you bring enough juice and cartos, or whatever you are using. Most of all, have FUN!!!!

15. CountSmackula

CountSmackula Genisis Junkie Verified Member ECF Veteran

Car charger is a big yes. But, you may want to invest in a extra batts anyway. I can get almost a week off my 3 1100mAh ego batts, but I still take both the usb AND my AC charger (my truck has a built in power inverter).

16. zapped

zapped Registered Supplier Verified Member ECF Veteran

Walgreens sells a 5 dollar cigarette lighter to usb port right beside the registers

17. Spice

Spice Full Member

Can you upgrade to a spot with electric? It may cost a little more, but well worth it!

18. rescued

my 801 should be here tomorrow

19. rescued

we always camp same spot. like 10 people every year. electric isnt an option there.

20. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.